Dogs..YOUR PARTNER FOR LIFE

mbless
K9 Kaki

Oct 14, 2005, 9:51 AM

Post #1 of 8 (1160 views)
Shortcut
Dogs..YOUR PARTNER FOR LIFE Can't Post

All dogs r different...just like us.WinkTongueCrazy
They range in personalities, temperaments, looks, sizes and abilities. So too are their needs.
Getting a dog is a partnership.
There r many adult dogs through no fault of theirs are looking for new home.
If you are thinking of getting a dog, think real hard....of their needs. Dogs have lifelong needs.
dogs costs money. Dogs can cause problems. And when our lives changes where do they fit in. What is your expectation from the dog. Then choose a dog that is compatible in personalities wt u. Dogs do not hv much choice in this matter, so it depends on you. Although looks are appealing, temperament is more important. Getting a dog is a big commitment, coz they can live till 15 yrs old.. But a dog offers us more. If you give tender loving care, you will have a friend for life, who will ask you no questions and tell you no lies. Living with a dog is definitely very rewarding.
Like our dogs, we crave for friendship...for company...sometimes we love to explore and play. But ultimately, dogs are animals and we are humans....so it is unfair to expect our dogs to be like people.Wink
Read books bout them. Try fostering for ppl who do rehoming if u r not sure of whether u can cope with a dog. Dogs that are treated like family members makes the best companion.
3 categories of dogs :
PURE BRED - dogs produced by mating two dogs of the same recognized breeds
CROSSBRED - dogs from two different recognised breeds
RANDOM BRED - mongrels
But all can offer you good companionship. It is only us human who categorised them. It's no big deal to own a pure bred or an embarassment to own a mongrel. What God created is always perfect. It is only our eyes that see the imperfections. Every dog has its own abilities....sounds like us human...dont u think so? Whether u are black or white or in between we are still human. In God's eyes we are the same. Let's look at our dogs thru God's eyes.
Caring for a dog is like raising a child. We will never throw out our kids if they r not pretty, a bit blur or naughty. We love them because they belongs to us...same goes for the dogs we bring into our lives.
I hope there will be fewer abandoned and abused dogs.
For dogs owners...enjoy n cherish your dogs. Also as we love our dogs love ppl too. Maybe then you can see which is harder...eh?

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 14, 2005, 9:58 PM

Post #2 of 8 (1143 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mbless] Dogs..YOUR PARTNER FOR LIFE [In reply to] Can't Post

a very well written article of yours..... 101% agree with your though....

but besides from choosing the temperament n behaviour tat suits the owner......

the owner can also change him or her own lifestyle to adapt to the dog........coz we are all dog's slave.....Wink

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

mbless
K9 Kaki

Oct 15, 2005, 1:40 AM

Post #3 of 8 (1138 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Dogs..YOUR PARTNER FOR LIFE [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Amanda...yeah its best if they can change to suit their dogs. because of my dogs...I hv to wake up extra early to walk them/clean up b4 my neighbour complains. Fortunately I hv a maid who loves dogs....But then again, we love dogs. We see our dogs who destroy our plants/shoes as they r bored/ teething...some see it as naughty.Mad n whack their dog.
Most dog lovers will do anything for their dogs.He he..... whn i go outstation I call home n tell my maid to put on handsfree to talk to my dogs...my children also do that to their dog. My friends always laugh at me. Well, whn my kids were younger I would always miss them n call home n my dogs r part of the family too ...so very natural to miss them lor.
If every dog owner like us, then we would not need SPCA/PAWS. But most dog owners dont know wat they r in at. Oooh that puppy so cute...they buy home...6 mths later....wah so big, eat so much, no time, hair so long, aiyah shed hair everywhere, so stupid this dog always chew my shoes/newspaper n the pooor dog...ends up looking for new home.
Last wk I was explaining to my son bout puppy love... BGR tingy. Puppies are all adorable. But their cuteness wears out whn its not true love coz whn its true love u c only perfection n positiveness. Whn its not u pin point on every little mistake no matter how small. You agree?
A relationship between dog n owners is like a marriage. U need to give n take. See their strength n not their weakness...then u can appreciate wat u have..n b moat satisfied.
So lets pray for more dog lovers.Frown

(This post was edited by mbless on Oct 15, 2005, 1:46 AM)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 17, 2005, 5:36 PM

Post #4 of 8 (1112 views)
Shortcut

i think d public just needs more of awareness.....

some might juz don't know wat on earth is teething n some even don't know there is such thing as spaying their dog to prevent unwanted pregnancy....some might feed their dog with table scrap n thought that human food is alwiz safe for dogs too....

n currently we could see that some newspaper had started to publish some articles about dog care n this is the right way to go.....to create awareness n educate the public.....

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Oct 17, 2005, 5:43 PM)

woof
Dog Kichi

Oct 18, 2005, 12:00 AM

Post #5 of 8 (1098 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Dogs..YOUR PARTNER FOR LIFE [In reply to] Can't Post

Just to share a little, I remember when i brought back my Lovie, we r so hepi n she is as hepi go lucky as can be, when she bites us n bites furniture everythig is normal,puppy ma and when she peepoo everywhere it's ok la, puppy ma, but as time goes on, we hef become a slave for her n we lost our freedom n everything is about the dog n we can't plan anything anymore not considering when we need to check out her peepoo time n her meals time. Things got worse n we live very miserably and till one day everything exploded n i get very upset with her and i just sit down n do some thinking n planning, finally we decided it is by accepting her as a puppy and accepting a new life and most of all keeping a dog suppose to be a happy thing, why are we so miserable about it ? This is because i realize i bought my dog too emotionally attached but things got better after that by accepting n understand How To Live with a Dog.

Be mentally n knowledge prepared when getting a dog, NEVER EVER GET EMOTIONALLY ATTACHED !!

Hehe ...... but no matter what, I love my Dog!!!

Yours in the World of Animal,
Woof Woof

(This post was edited by woof on Oct 18, 2005, 12:03 AM)

mbless
K9 Kaki

Oct 18, 2005, 11:38 PM

Post #6 of 8 (1071 views)
Shortcut
Re: [woof] Dogs..YOUR PARTNER FOR LIFE [In reply to] Can't Post

HI ...glad u figure out wat went wrong n decide to do somethg bout it. I'm sure u r happier n yr dog too now.
Its very imp to read all u can bout them.
Owning a dog....we need to be their owner..that means we r their leader....not the other way round. Whn I take my dogs (whther my residence /foster dogs) for walk...they must learn that they can only go out of the gate after me. So I hv to b consistent. Otherwise a "ahem" will put thm in place. Dogs live in pack n they need a leader.
I've gone thru wat u went thru b4. It bcame so miserable n it was no fun. I learned fr exp n books.
Dogs r teachable.....n like children some hv more stubborn personalities. We dont break them but guide them.
To train them I used my tone of voice, a water pistol (my son loves that - he was taught to only use it whn necessary), a gentle shake by grabbing the loose skin around the neck ( like the mother would do), or by whcking the roll newspaper on the floor not the dog (it creates loud sound). Discipline does not need to be harsh...but a well mannered dog is very imp.. you will enjoy hving thm around.
I totally agree wt u that one must b prepared mentally n well informed bout living wt dogs...n not emotionally. My dogs always gave me that pathetic looks whn they want somethg...d looks my kids always give me. Be firm. Hope u enjoy yr pet, your friend n partner for life.
Friends pls share yr exp bout owning dogs so ppl r more aware of dog ownership. Our experiences, how bad/ stupid/ great/silly will always help another.
Thank you.

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 19, 2005, 7:25 PM

Post #7 of 8 (1047 views)
Shortcut

mbless

I have read through every single posting in this thread, well done for started this thread! very informative indeed.

Regards,

Yang

mbless
K9 Kaki

Oct 21, 2005, 2:10 AM

Post #8 of 8 (1021 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] Dogs..YOUR PARTNER FOR LIFE [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Leecy... I understand that u also got many dogs kah? Correct me if I'm wrong...mayb you would like to share the good n susah time in bringing up a dog?
I hope ppl will b more aware of owning a dog. If u were to look at d adoption forum there r so many strays n dogs looking for homes. Pedigree/pure breeds very easy to find homes...the mongrels not so appealing in looks sometimes hv beautiful n colourful character. I hope ppl give them a chance.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my