Pet foods discussion

jason
Enthusiast

Nov 11, 2001, 7:49 PM

Post #1 of 4 (3002 views)
Shortcut
Pet foods discussion Can't Post

Hi to all,

I would like to rise some questions about the pet foods, especially the dry one, for the forum discussion. I think most of the dog owners prefer to feed their lovely dogs with dry pet foods, which are available in various brands, e.g. Eukanuba, ScienceDiet, Nurture, Pedigree, Alpo, Royal Canine, etc etc... But ... are they good compared to BARF (bone and raw food)? Which brand is the best according to your experience? Will they cause cancer to our breeds in long term intake? Some of them may cause food allergy? and more... anyone to share?

Gin
Novice

Nov 12, 2001, 6:56 AM

Post #2 of 4 (2995 views)
Shortcut
Re: Pet foods discussion [In reply to] Can't Post

I have tried Eukanuba, Science Diet and Pro Plan and I finally chosen Eukanuba for my dog. The crude protein which is not less than 32% is definitely a plus for puppies

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Nov 12, 2001, 8:03 AM

Post #3 of 4 (2993 views)
Shortcut

I used to feed my dogs Science Diet but recently, the vet suggested a brand called U.S Grain's Regal and though it's more expensive, my dog's coat has improved. One even put on a bit of weight which is a good thing...and, I bathed them this morning and their coat was repelling more water then soaking it in!! LOL...

Anyways, I figure don't buy cheap brands of dog food...it's similar to buying cheap mooncake at pasar malam..only can taste the flour and nothing else..:)

Hope this helps..

jason
Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2001, 10:26 AM

Post #4 of 4 (2986 views)
Shortcut

May be everyone should read about this article ... What's really in pet food?
Share with you ... please see the attachment file.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by jason on 11/11/01 11:28 AM.</EM></FONT>

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my