Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
A stray-dogs 'owner'.. ^^'

midnight_blue
Novice

Oct 11, 2005, 10:28 AM

Post #1 of 9 (338 views)
Shortcut
A stray-dogs 'owner'.. ^^' Can't Post

Hi! Frown I'm Ling, 19 and staying in KL, a college student taking IT (software engineering). I don't specifically own any dogs, but I love dogs since I could remember. Smile

There's loads of stray dogs left by a cruel neighbour in my housing lot.. And as much as I'd like to take them in, there are way too many (4 adults & 10 puppies). It's so devastating!! Frown

Anyway, nice to meet u all!! Frown

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Oct 11, 2005, 4:37 PM

Post #2 of 9 (334 views)
Shortcut
Re: [midnight_blue] A stray-dogs 'owner'.. ^^' [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, thats a lot of stray dogs. Where do you live? Maybe if possible, can take the female dogs to spay at Klinik Kembiri and then won't have so many puppies running around later. Maybe take some pictures so can post in this webiste so maybe someone can adopt a pup.

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

midnight_blue
Novice

Oct 11, 2005, 6:07 PM

Post #3 of 9 (325 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] A stray-dogs 'owner'.. ^^' [In reply to] Can't Post

I stay in Cheras area.. Been looking around for a vet cos one of the puppies was quite badly chewed up by a fierce dog.. Lost some of his toes, rashes on his chest.. Poor creature Frown Will it cost a lot for vaccination and spaying?

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Oct 11, 2005, 6:17 PM

Post #4 of 9 (319 views)
Shortcut

Oh dear... Cheras ah... I'm not familiar with that are but I know got a few vets there.

Klinik Kembiri is at Setapak. If you like, I can see if I can help you one weekend along with my friend, maybe can bring to Kembiri but you will need to catch the female dog and starve it, no food for one day. The fee there is rm90 but the more female or male dogs u bring to do surgery, the lower the fee.

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.

midnight_blue
Novice

Oct 11, 2005, 8:08 PM

Post #5 of 9 (312 views)
Shortcut

I'll be glad if you could give a hand.. I've never really been to a vet before and I'm afraid of how much it would cost considering I'm still a full-time student..

9 of the puppies are about 1 month old.. while the other is about 3 months already.. should the puppies be spayed as well?

At first we called Ampang SPCA and asked if they would accept all the puppies, but they said they'll have to put all of them to sleep Unsure

How about costs for vaccination?

nozzy
K9 Kaki

Oct 11, 2005, 9:53 PM

Post #6 of 9 (306 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ling,

it was to hear fr someone tat cares for animal. Welcome to the forum! I think c.mouse would be happy to help out on the strays...

nozzy

" Pantai + Chilli = Havoc"

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Oct 12, 2005, 2:59 AM

Post #7 of 9 (297 views)
Shortcut

Hello, actually... I'm also a full-time student Smile but I can guide you along the way.

Some vets are good, they will lower the cost, especially if the pups are rescued. Some vets don't bother, they will charge you the normal price. The best vet I know that gives a ok price is in Brickfields. Anyway, try your luck with the Cheras vets.

Puppies can be spayed when they reach 4 months, better... so all together how many puppies? Kembiri also does vaccination and it is cheaper...

SPCA already has too many dogs and puppies, I went there last week. If possible, keep the 1 month old pups under your care first, I'll discuss with my friends and see if free to help you out or not.

midnight_blue
Novice

Oct 12, 2005, 8:09 AM

Post #8 of 9 (288 views)
Shortcut

Heheh.. shouldnt be a problem.. I'm asking my friends around to see if they would like to adopt them also..

Is there an estimation of cost of goin to vets? I dont want to get the shock of my life when the bill comes.. Tongue

The 3 months old pup is prowling in my house now.. This poor creature lost some of his toes and there's rashes on his chest.. Plannin to visit a vet pretty soon cos I'm worried abt those rashes Crazy

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Oct 12, 2005, 8:41 AM

Post #9 of 9 (287 views)
Shortcut

Vets sometimes charge consulation fees, the cheapest is RM15 but some vets go up to RM60. Then Vaccination can be around RM40 to RM50. If the dog needs extra medicine, then maybe an extra 20...

If you like, do email me some photos and I can help you put some ads around.

crazymouse dott yoong aliass geemail dott comm

Hope you understand Tongue

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my