A friend of mine found these two pups (both male with very light greyish
blue eyes, a breeder friend thinks they are husky mixed) and dropped them
off at PAWS over the weekend. Unfortunately PAWS is overcapacity and will
put them to sleep soon.

If you can or know anyone who can adopt them or be foster family until we
can find a permanent home for them, please let me know. Can you please also
pass this message to your friends.

Please help us save these two little pups (the pics make them look larger
than they actually are). They are very affectionately, friendly and playful.
Healthy, good condition, nice soft, fluffy fur. Will make good additions to
any family.

Thanks

if anyone is interested, pls email this lady at : meikhin

thanks.

Laugh My dogs own me - Hunter, Sandie, Duchess and Boy. Sadly missed - Toffee (13/3/00 - 24/4/05)
Sadly missed - Duchess Nov '98 - 1 Nov '06
Attachments: huskymix (19.6 KB)

Liz Tay
Dog Kichi

Oct 7, 2005, 3:26 PM

Post #2 of 20 (2519 views)
Shortcut
Re: [einochan] grey-eyed pups ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi

I was at the shelter yesterday and as far as I know these pups have been reclaimed by the owners. That's great news.

In fact if every owner was responsible enough to search for homes themselves instead of giving the animals and that responsibility to PAWS - then think how much larger a network of people can be reached! And lessen the burden on PAWS too. And, when people realise just how difficult it can be to find new homes, then maybe they will take the whole neutering issue more seriously and spread the word so that these 'extra' and unwanted animals, innocent as they are, are not created in the first place...

These particular husky mix pups are of course extremely appealing and will probably be rehomed without too much trouble. I am very happy for them. Unfortunately hearts and homes do not always open so easily for the more 'ordinary' animals, the endless little brown shorthaired female pups etc with nothing to distinguish them from the other little brown pup in the cage next door...

Please see the posting below by surchinmy (from the other husky discussion on the Adoption section) if you want to think about this further

Thanks

Liz

PAWS volunteer

In Reply To
Hello,

I do not know what people were told before & therefore cannot comment.

But the issue of putting to sleep is more than just an issue of procedure, or of desire or wishes.

Ultimately, it is a question of whether the rate of adoption matches the rate at which abandoned, abused and unwanted animals are brought into an animal shelter.

If the rate of surrenders far exceed the rate of adoption and rehoming - what choice does any animal shelter have?

For a discussion on this topic - please go to the link below:

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=245950;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=last;#last

Putting down animals is not something any animal shelter is proud of or wishes to do. It is something that is constantly being discussed & reviewed - and sometimes even fought over. It remains one of the most difficult question & issue facing animal shelters and there is no easy answer.

So the message is - please please neuter your pets.

Regards

ah_fang
Dog Kichi

Oct 7, 2005, 7:49 PM

Post #3 of 20 (2504 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Liz Tay] grey-eyed pups ! [In reply to] Can't Post

U sure this 2 dogs hv been adopted??

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Oct 7, 2005, 8:29 PM

Post #4 of 20 (2501 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ah_fang] grey-eyed pups ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ah_fang,

since ur unsure with the comments made by LizTay, why not you drop by at PAWS, or easier way is to call them up ask for edward to check it out yourself with your own eyes and ears ? PAWS is just 1 call away Smile

cheers,
minglmy

(This post was edited by minglmy on Oct 7, 2005, 8:29 PM)

Liz Tay
Dog Kichi

Oct 8, 2005, 3:47 AM

Post #5 of 20 (2459 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ah_fang] grey-eyed pups ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi - an update as of this evening

The husky pups are still in PAWS. The person I heard about who called about them was not in fact the same person who surrendered them - sorry for confusion. They are now going through the normal vaccination etc before being released for adoption.

Liz

edwardlee
Novice

Oct 8, 2005, 7:32 AM

Post #6 of 20 (2437 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Liz Tay] grey-eyed pups ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi All

I’m the Edward who found the 2 pups around my area in Bukit Bandaraya & surrendered them to PAWS last Sunday (not to be confused with the Edward who mans PAWS). I was at PAWS during lunch yesterday & returned again today to see the pups. They are still there as of lunch today. If you are really interested in the pups, my advice to you is to go to PAWS first thing tomorrow morning & pick them up right away. It’s pointless calling as that will only add to further confusion.

I hope whoever adopts them will take in both of them as they seem so happy together. I fervently hope that they go to a good home. If you do adopt them, I’ll be glad if you could drop me a line at eduardo.lee .

Cheers

Ed

WendyS
Enthusiast

Oct 8, 2005, 5:59 PM

Post #7 of 20 (2403 views)
Shortcut
Re: [edwardlee] grey-eyed pups ! [In reply to] Can't Post

So many confusion yesterday. I called PAWS yesterday morning, person in charge said the pups are adopted. However, ppl still saw the puppies there in the afternoon. After I made another call to Edward from PAWS this morning, he told me that the pups are actually really adopted, the person has paid some deposits and the pups were neutered yesterday, that's why they are still there....So sorry that my cousin not able to adopt them....so I'm writing just to inform that the pups are no longer available. Regards.

edwardlee
Novice

Oct 10, 2005, 7:21 AM

Post #8 of 20 (2347 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WendyS] grey-eyed pups ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi All

I really could not believe my eyes this morning when I saw another pup of similar look to the ones I surrendered to PAWS last week loitering around Lorong Maarof. This one is a female. As it was just outside a vet clinic, I immediately took her into the clinic & had her checked by the vet. Apart from tick infestation, she's healthy & active. The vet dewormed her & gave her a full rub-down with Frontline.

Instead of sending her to PAWS this time, I've decided to take her home (much to the dismay of my 2 other furkids!!!!).

Anyway, I've given her a bath this evening & she's ready to be adopted. Only true dog lover who's prepared to shower her with love and care need enquire. Call 012-2950340.

Cheers

ed

einochan
Enthusiast

Oct 10, 2005, 4:47 PM

Post #9 of 20 (2336 views)
Shortcut

hie there edward..

i hope u get some kind samaritan to adopt the pup..wish i could, my 4 dogs would tear her apart!

all the best.

Laugh My dogs own me - Hunter, Sandie, Duchess and Boy. Sadly missed - Toffee (13/3/00 - 24/4/05)

WendyS
Enthusiast

Oct 10, 2005, 5:51 PM

Post #10 of 20 (2335 views)
Shortcut

Shocked I find it hard to believe too, you found another one with similar look? could it be their siblings? Anyway, I called my cousin this morning, but I'm so sorry that he only wanted a male Frown

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 10, 2005, 6:23 PM

Post #11 of 20 (2330 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WendyS] grey-eyed pups ! [In reply to] Can't Post

just get her spayed....tat's all.....n female don't do any markings here n there......

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

edwardlee
Novice

Oct 10, 2005, 6:36 PM

Post #12 of 20 (2328 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] grey-eyed pups ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Amanda

I could not agree with you more. My male beagle just loves to do his markings...... on almost every tree, lamp post and anything that is vertical, including my legs Unsure.

Actually female dogs are wonderful to have as well. I find them more affectionate & more intelligent (read - easier to train).

Ed.

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 10, 2005, 6:55 PM

Post #13 of 20 (2323 views)
Shortcut

ya....i also kena pee at my leg from my frens male dogs....Crazy

i just love my females dog....but it would be better to spay them before they get mature.....coz once they mature already...eventhough u spayed them....they still very attract to male dogs....Unsure

my pacco girl...i spayed her when she is just 3 months....n she is veli 'tom boy'Wink....

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

WendyS
Enthusiast

Oct 11, 2005, 1:45 AM

Post #14 of 20 (2292 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] [edwardlee]grey-eyed pups ! [In reply to] Can't Post

That was what I told him, just spay the female...but he said he have owned males & females before and he prefers males.....

Hi Amanda, heard from Hun that you spayed Pacco from Klinik Kembiri and I've made appointment to spay Sweet Pea on the coming Saturday, do you have any map or can give me the direction in more detail or not? The map from SPCA website is too brief for me! Thanks.

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 11, 2005, 7:25 PM

Post #15 of 20 (2265 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi All

I really could not believe my eyes this morning when I saw another pup of similar look to the ones I surrendered to PAWS last week loitering around Lorong Maarof. This one is a female. As it was just outside a vet clinic, I immediately took her into the clinic & had her checked by the vet. Apart from tick infestation, she's healthy & active. The vet dewormed her & gave her a full rub-down with Frontline.

Instead of sending her to PAWS this time, I've decided to take her home (much to the dismay of my 2 other furkids!!!!).

Anyway, I've given her a bath this evening & she's ready to be adopted. Only true dog lover who's prepared to shower her with love and care need enquire. Call 012-2950340.

Cheers

ed

EdwardLee

another lee here too! nice to hear that u r acrually bringing back the pup this time rather than surrender it to PAWS! kind of u!!

well perhaps u can try to post it up for adoption at the "rescue & adoption" section so the chance might be higher? Smile

Regards,

Yang

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 12, 2005, 5:42 PM

Post #16 of 20 (2230 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WendyS] [edwardlee]grey-eyed pups ! [In reply to] Can't Post

i just show d map 2 my dad.....n he manage to figure out d direction....hehe....

but u can try to call up dr. krishnan.......d person in-charge there.....he will definately try his best to explain 2 u......

P/s.: remember to buy an e-collar before hand....

Pacco de Mongrel

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 12, 2005, 6:10 PM

Post #17 of 20 (2225 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WendyS] [edwardlee]grey-eyed pups ! [In reply to] Can't Post

WendyS

From the roundabout go along jln genting klang, after a police station on ur left, pay attention & keep right, once u see pizza hut on ur right (corner lot so becareful) turn right inside. Go straight & u will notice the road inside is quite sempit, clinic kembiri sign is at ur right handside, turn in once u see the sign, go to the building behind not in front means the 1st building is DBKL office, behind only is clinic kembiri (different entrance).

Be aware that the signboard is facing & can only be seen from OPPOSITE direction, so if u drive til pass through a pasar then u over shot, u-turn at keep & eye on ur left fot the signboard. Crazy

Hope this help. Smile

Regards,

Yang

einochan
Enthusiast

Oct 12, 2005, 6:39 PM

Post #18 of 20 (2223 views)
Shortcut

hie there edward..

so how's the pup doing? do keep us all updated Unimpressed

take care.

edwardlee
Novice

Oct 12, 2005, 10:17 PM

Post #19 of 20 (2214 views)
Shortcut
Re: [einochan] grey-eyed pups ! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm really sorry to inform everyone that i've dropped the pup off at SPCA this morning. If you are really interested in her, please hurry to SPCA & pick her up.

Except for her dislike for being locked up in the cage, she's a really fine girl. I've grown quite fond of her after she's spent only 3 days with us (I found her on Sunday). At such a young age, I'm amazed that she's got very good toilet habit - she only does her business on the lawn.

I do hope that someone out there read this post & pop over to SPCA quickly to bring her home....she deserves a good home.

You may contact me at 012-2950340 if you need to find out more about the pup.

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 12, 2005, 11:35 PM

Post #20 of 20 (2209 views)
Shortcut

edwardlee

perhaps u could post up a proper thread on SPCA? Smile

Regards,

Yang

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my