Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Dog Obedience Training & General Training Topics:
Dog Obedience Competition.....anyone participate???

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

PSY
K9 Kaki

Oct 6, 2005, 3:19 AM

Post #1 of 59 (2672 views)
Shortcut
Dog Obedience Competition.....anyone participate??? Can't Post

Hi, Just wondering about training dogs, does anyone after training their dogs go for competition?

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 10, 2005, 7:45 PM

Post #2 of 59 (2630 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSY] Dog Obedience Competition.....anyone participate??? [In reply to] Can't Post

is OB Trial consider competition??

i'm currently training hard for d OB Trial

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

colinchin
Enthusiast

Oct 10, 2005, 8:52 PM

Post #3 of 59 (2625 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSY] Dog Obedience Competition.....anyone participate??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi PSY,

Can I have the full OB trial competiton routine sanctioned by our MKA ?

PSY
K9 Kaki

Oct 10, 2005, 9:10 PM

Post #4 of 59 (2621 views)
Shortcut
Re: [colinchin] Dog Obedience Competition.....anyone participate??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Colin,

No problem, sms me your e-mail.

colinchin
Enthusiast

Oct 10, 2005, 9:15 PM

Post #5 of 59 (2617 views)
Shortcut

Hi PSY,

Cheers.

(This post was edited by Admin on Oct 14, 2005, 2:36 AM)

PSY
K9 Kaki

Oct 10, 2005, 9:20 PM

Post #6 of 59 (2617 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Dog Obedience Competition.....anyone participate??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Amanda85,

Yes there are competition sanction by M.K.A. and the competition goes round Malaysia ususally hand in hand with the comformity competition. Your OB presently is for your test trial, just to indicate that you have pass the course undertaken by you and your dog. The competition is to show how good you are with your dog. The best thing about it is all breeds are acceptable, pure bred to mix breed. It is fun and you get to meet new friends with the same interest. If you are with puppy.com, training I am surprise no one mention competition OB at M.K.A. as puupy.com consultant from Singapore, Mr. Tan was one of the best at S.K.C., before he retired from competition. Check it out.

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 10, 2005, 9:49 PM

Post #7 of 59 (2614 views)
Shortcut

Hi Yap,
Do u mind e-mailing me the routine too? I only hv a draft. frm a couple yrs back.
Thanks
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

PSY
K9 Kaki

Oct 11, 2005, 4:13 PM

Post #8 of 59 (2589 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Dog Obedience Competition.....anyone participate??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Amanda85,

Can you please let me know where you are doing your OB trial and what time and day as I like to see the kind of standard required to attain a cert.

Thanks and await your reply.

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 12, 2005, 5:39 PM

Post #9 of 59 (2569 views)
Shortcut

i'm currently not under any OB Training.....is just that my previous dog undertaken per-novice level....so i'm familiar wit what are d requirements......

so currently training my new dog on pre-novice n will get ready to participate in d next trial.....

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

PSY
K9 Kaki

Oct 12, 2005, 6:59 PM

Post #10 of 59 (2564 views)
Shortcut

Oh, great to know some one is interested in trial. Hope to catch you there. If you like to chat more onthis subject you can contact me

Cheerio for now and have fun.

(This post was edited by Admin on Oct 14, 2005, 2:35 AM)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 12, 2005, 7:24 PM

Post #11 of 59 (2556 views)
Shortcut

actually now i'm worried tat my dog will poo or pee in d ring...

coz now a days i'm bringing her out 2 d dog events quite frequently....n she seems like will do whenever she likes it....eventhough she is walking......she will not choose a specific spot or sniff around.....

Pacco de Mongrel

PSY
K9 Kaki

Oct 12, 2005, 11:10 PM

Post #12 of 59 (2549 views)
Shortcut

Ok, I think is, when you feed her and how much and how many times a day. As for peeing, you can't control that. As for my dogs they do not pee or poo anywhere but when arrive home, did not train them that way but that is how they are. My Weimer do not even drink water while she is out which can be rather worrying. Then again, if your dog do poo, well you must do the obvious and clean after it but do try the feeding time adjustments as you taking it out must be around the same time everytime.

Good luck.

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 13, 2005, 5:41 PM

Post #13 of 59 (2532 views)
Shortcut

i only feed my dog one main meal per day......

actually my previous dog is like ur dog....she won't drink a single drip of water out there n she don't pee or poo also.....except when there is grass available....

but that also worried me coz she spent more than 7 hours in d dog carnival n didn't relieve herself....

so i'm quite happy wit my currently dog that don't over control herself.....

but ofcoz ....there is alwiz pros and cons.....Smile

Pacco de Mongrel

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Oct 13, 2005, 5:42 PM)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 17, 2005, 6:48 PM

Post #14 of 59 (2495 views)
Shortcut

heard tat this 18 Dec, OB Trial will be held 2gether wit AKU Show....

i'm afraid that there will be too crowded n my dog lost her concentration.....

for d 59th OB Trial ...thats is much better ....coz d show was at Mines.....

Pacco de Mongrel

PSY
K9 Kaki

Oct 17, 2005, 7:17 PM

Post #15 of 59 (2492 views)
Shortcut

Hi Amanda,

Yes I too heard about the event but not confirm. Hey, you should not be concern with distractions, you must train it to "work" when it is time to do so. I suggest you take it to a basket ball court or badminton court and work it there and then sometime take it to the same place while people are playing and make it sit or down and watch so it gets use to the thumping etc. Anothet great place is take your dog to the M.K.A. obedience training ground and make it sit still and watch other dogs work. You will get it ready by December. Walk your dog at "heel" in the evening when there are people taking their walks and please do not stop to say hello but just walk and make it concentrate in the work at hand and it will get use to it and then all it will be interested is in you and do what you do. Have a go.

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 17, 2005, 7:45 PM

Post #16 of 59 (2489 views)
Shortcut

i will work out wat u suggested.

but she is still a young puppy n like to venture around....

sometimes give me headache also.....Crazy

anyway i will not give up....there is still many chances there....if now at young age cannot....will try every year until she manage to become a heel master.....haha.....

Pacco de Mongrel

PSY
K9 Kaki

Oct 17, 2005, 9:30 PM

Post #17 of 59 (2479 views)
Shortcut

Good on you, but just to set a goal for you, I got my dob to do heel work by 5 months old. Started training after her ears was cropped at 3 months and started when her ears heel when she was 4 and a bit.

Have fun that is the most important thing.

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 17, 2005, 10:12 PM

Post #18 of 59 (2473 views)
Shortcut

PSY,
How bout trying to get ur dobe to heel with focus? Wink
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

PSY
K9 Kaki

Oct 18, 2005, 5:17 AM

Post #19 of 59 (2467 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Dog Obedience Competition.....anyone participate??? [In reply to] Can't Post

I have no problem, she watches and listen to my foot work. The only problem I have with her presently is her attention span at "sit - stay" and "down-stay".

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 18, 2005, 10:01 AM

Post #20 of 59 (2459 views)
Shortcut

hmm...sorry,i was not specific.. What I meant by focus is eye contact. Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

PSY
K9 Kaki

Oct 18, 2005, 2:43 PM

Post #21 of 59 (2452 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Dog Obedience Competition.....anyone participate??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Eye contact, working on it but still have that puppy behaviour, I'll break her soon. Trainer due in tomorrow.

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Oct 18, 2005, 5:01 PM

Post #22 of 59 (2449 views)
Shortcut

Aaahh...tht's good. Hope to see her with the eye contact soon.Frown
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 19, 2005, 6:30 PM

Post #23 of 59 (2416 views)
Shortcut

ya...pacco is still got lotsa puppy behaviour.....can even go nuts sometimes...driving me up d wall....

but actually i only ask her to heel when i put her on choke chain.....when she is on flat collar....she is free 2 walk in watever style she like.....

juz a question here....will my dog get confused??

Pacco de Mongrel

PSY
K9 Kaki

Oct 19, 2005, 7:08 PM

Post #24 of 59 (2408 views)
Shortcut

Hi Amanda,

Hey, you have got a big chunk of training done already, well done. As for your question, I need to find out but I do not think so. As for me, I think I may get shot down by other forum members for this, my two dogs once on choke chain means work and so if we are to go for a walk it is always at "heel" no free walk. My reason is very simple, I do not like dogs pulling or wondering from left to right as it can be rather intimidating for other people as it would be for me if I am running of walking and this dog coming towards me is doing this, hence I make sure my dogs do not do this. If I have to go off leash for training they would have their remote collar on so what ever the case they are at my side and under control.

As for free running, I usually do that on an open field with no one in sight but still with their remote collar for easy recall.

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 25, 2005, 9:03 PM

Post #25 of 59 (2364 views)
Shortcut

ya......to me....putting on d choke chain also mean WORK..... when she is on choke chain.....100% heel....n no making fun....n no jumping also....

when on flat collar......its for tricks n agility training.....jumping n rolling about

when i bring her out for a jog....i usually just use d flat collar.....eventhough she didn't heel.....she don't actually pull around ..... juz looks abit messy.....sometimes in front , sometimes behind....

pacco don't have any open field 2 run....she juz run around d garden n playing chasing game wit d boxer....

n usually i'll train her for OB 1st....then go for jog....when back...wait for awhile....then dinner.....then tricks training at nite.....

Pacco de Mongrel

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my