Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Friendly Places:
The Bulldog - a dog friendly pub

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

natasha_fernz

Oct 3, 2005, 6:38 PM

Post #1 of 63 (5773 views)
Shortcut
The Bulldog - a dog friendly pub Can't Post

Last Saturday night, Douglas and I ventured to an English pub in Sri Hartamas called The Bulldog which claimed to serve authentic English food.

We decided to ask if dogs were allowed into the pub. And to our delight, he said that Dogs were most welcome albeit only on Sundays! Apparently a number of people bring their Bulldogs to along on Sundays. So The Bulldog will most definitely be one of our new favourite places…as it has great food and we can bring our darling Cleo along with us.

Has anyone else been there?

I've posted a new entry on my blog

labradorretriever.blogdrive.com

about the food etc that we had at The Bulldog.

Anyway here's hoping that we can find more doggie friendly places...

Natasha Fernz
Frown

CLEOPATRA'S Blog:MAD ABOUT LABRADOR RETRIEVERS

(This post was edited by natasha_fernz on Oct 3, 2005, 6:40 PM)

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Oct 3, 2005, 9:09 PM

Post #2 of 63 (5744 views)
Shortcut
Re: [natasha_fernz] The Bulldog - a dog friendly pub [In reply to] Can't Post

HI natasha,

Glad to hear this ! I remember I went in to ask them before sometime last year abt allowing dogs or not but that time they told me "no pets allowed - sorry". Good to hear that they have changed their mind (or maybe just that employee doesnt like dogs LOL !)

anyway, good place to go... as its pretty near to where i'm staying :)

cheers,
minglmy

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 3, 2005, 10:21 PM

Post #3 of 63 (5730 views)
Shortcut

do they allowed other breed of dogs besides bulldogs???Cool haha....just joking....

anyway, glad to find out that there is yet another dog friendly place....

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

natasha_fernz

Oct 3, 2005, 10:42 PM

Post #4 of 63 (5723 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] The Bulldog - a dog friendly pub [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Ming Yang

Basically the guy there said that they are fine with dogs but only on Sundays. and according to him that there are a bunch of people who bring their Bull dogs there on sundays. But the dogs are only allowed in the downstairs area: the main reason being that to get upstairs, there's only a very narrow and quite dangerous spiral staircase...

Do let me know if you decide to go... maybe we can meet up there or something?
Natasha Fernz
Frown

natasha_fernz

Oct 4, 2005, 5:26 PM

Post #5 of 63 (5692 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] The Bulldog - a dog friendly pub [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Amanda

I hope that they allow other doggies, otherwise my poor Cleo will have to put on some sort of disguise... Wink

So anyone fancy a pint one of these Sundays??? Cool
Natasha Fernz
Frown

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Oct 6, 2005, 12:40 AM

Post #6 of 63 (5643 views)
Shortcut

HI Natasha,

glad to hear that .... finally another place that allows doggies. Btw which area do you stay in ? PJ ?

cheers,
minglmy

nicejellybean
Novice

Oct 7, 2005, 4:11 AM

Post #7 of 63 (5597 views)
Shortcut

Hi Natasha,

I am new to Sri Hartamas area. Could you tell me exactly where the Bulldog is located ? Errr ... is it around Souled Out ? TQ.

Cheers.

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 10, 2005, 7:38 PM

Post #8 of 63 (5566 views)
Shortcut

last sunday, me n 2 of my frens pay a visit 2 d Bulldog pub tat u had mentioned....

indeed d food need a long wait.......

but i would said that d food r kinda expensive.....n tat time i didn't prepare enough cash....so just eat a toast onli..........Blush

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Oct 10, 2005, 7:41 PM)

natasha_fernz

Oct 10, 2005, 10:39 PM

Post #9 of 63 (5552 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nicejellybean] The Bulldog - a dog friendly pub [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello

I'm not that familiar with Hartamas either, but Souled out is in Desa Sri Hartamas. The Bull dog is in Sri Hartamas proper (correct me if I'm wrong). But anyway to get there, you need to turn into Jalan Bukit Kiara from Jalan Damansara. Go tsraight, pass the Sri Hartamas school and Desa Hartamas on your left, and then turn right after that. Turn right again into Jalan Sri Hartamas 1, and go straight until you see a Petronas Station on your left. Turn left at the Petronas Station into Jalan Sri Hartamas 7, and the Bull Dog is on your left.

I've attempted to draw the map here... but it doesn't turn out on this forum... I've posted the phone number and address earlier, so if you get lost maybe you should call them... Hope you find it and hope you like it too...Wink I'll try and put the map up on my web site. Maybe you can look at it there.
Natasha Fernz
Frown

(This post was edited by natasha_fernz on Oct 10, 2005, 10:44 PM)

natasha_fernz

Oct 10, 2005, 10:55 PM

Post #10 of 63 (5550 views)
Shortcut

Hi...

Hmmm I guess the food is slightly expensive... But I think it's not that bad for a Western place... while Douglas and I really loved the food, It's not somewhere you can hang out everyday. It's a place that we'll go to treat ourselves and Cleo. ... maybe like once a month...

Okay just in case other people are wondering what the price range is, a main meal is between RM20-RM40, and desserts are about RM10-RM15 if I remember correctly. Drinks are about RM10 and under for non-alcoholic stuff, all the beers on tap are sold by 1/2 pint, 3/4pint and 1 pint, and the price ranges from about RM 10 - RM 20+ depending on what time of beer you're having. There are other things there as well like snacks (though I can't remember what exactly) for about RM10+... I'll try and note down more info when we go there next, which will probably be after the A Famosa trip.

Hopefully you'll be able to have nicer things next time you're there. I guess I should have mentioned the price range earlier... sorry about that.Unsure

PS: Did you take your dog there???I have yet to take Cleo there as I have been terribly busy this weekend...
Natasha Fernz
Frown

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 12, 2005, 5:44 PM

Post #11 of 63 (5521 views)
Shortcut

ya , i bought pacco there along wit my fren's dog also......

coz that day where driving about n try to figure out where we could eat wit our dog....so i suggested 'bulldog'.....

Pacco de Mongrel

natasha_fernz

Oct 13, 2005, 2:57 AM

Post #12 of 63 (5504 views)
Shortcut

Hi Amanda

Great to hear that you took your dog to the Bull Dog. I shoud be taking Cleo there at some point...we're not sure when as this weekend we're going for the A Famosa weekend. Can't remember if you mentioned whether you're going... maybe we'll get to meet each other there?

Anyway I've just taken a look at your blog and I must say that it is very cruel of that lady to leave Kinki by the roadside. And I'm really really sorry that you lost her. I hope that she's alright wherever she is...

Take care then
Natasha Fernz
Frown

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 13, 2005, 5:34 PM

Post #13 of 63 (5500 views)
Shortcut

yup, i'll be going 2 A famosa too.....i shall meet ur cleo then....Wink

actually i did sent kinki story to d magazine two years ago...n it was published....

Pacco de Mongrel

natasha_fernz

Oct 13, 2005, 10:52 PM

Post #14 of 63 (5492 views)
Shortcut

Hello again

Okay see you there...Wink

By the way, just wondering do we just drive there and check in on our own or is there some sort of group check in?

Oh and Ming Yang, cleo didn't do her test last weekend cause we couldn't make it. She'll be doing it the following weekend I think. See you there too! Are you bringing your Cocker Spaniel along too?
Natasha Fernz
Frown

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 14, 2005, 6:29 PM

Post #15 of 63 (5470 views)
Shortcut

i'm not sure about that...i think ming yang could explain further...

btw, d check in time is 4pm.....so probably i n my frens will hav fun around 1st

Pacco de Mongrel

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 17, 2005, 5:51 PM

Post #16 of 63 (5458 views)
Shortcut

last saturday during d games, why u left so early......they called out ur name for d lucky draw.....

Pacco de Mongrel

natasha_fernz

Oct 17, 2005, 10:21 PM

Post #17 of 63 (5444 views)
Shortcut

Hi Amanda

It was great to finally meet you. I must say that Pacco is really quite gorgeous! Smile It's too bad that we didn't have time to talk properly, esp since it was quite noisy in the hall...

I wasn't sure what time the lucky draw was going to be and Cleo was very hungry already, so I had to feed her. She didn't have anything to eat before getting to A Famosa cause she vommits in the car. And then when we arrived she was too busy playing with my auntie's dog Belle (the Beagle) so we didn't manage to get her to eat then either...

But never mind...No big deal... our main objective was for Cleo to have fun, and she did... Just out of curiosity, what was the prize anyway? I am sure that whoever else who got it would probably be quite pleased that we weren't there... Smile Did you win anything from the lucky draw?

You take care then and I'll see you around? Cheers...
Natasha Fernz
Frown

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Oct 18, 2005, 4:47 AM

Post #18 of 63 (5427 views)
Shortcut

HI !

When will Cleo's exam be ? I'll be there to cheer for her !

cheers,
minglmy

natasha_fernz

Oct 18, 2005, 4:41 PM

Post #19 of 63 (5421 views)
Shortcut

Morning Ming Yang

How are you? I have to say that I am so pleased that you guys went to so much effort to organise this trip... Well Done guys! Wink I just wished that I could have chatted with you guys a bit more, but it was a bit tricky since I was there with my future in-laws... so couldn't quite run off and have too much fun without including them.

Oh I must say that the Travel Calm tablets did help quite a bit cause she only vomitted twice on the way to A Famosa and not at all on the way back...Thanks alot for that bit of info...

Anyway Cleo's test will be this sunday at 10.30am I think... Fingers crossed she'll pass... she was very well behaved last weekend. she walked really nicely without pulling, and listened to almost everything that we told her to do, except for her recall...Crazy she's quite bad at that cause she gets so distracted by everything else...

Anyway Evelyn mentioned that she was going to have a small birthday party for Shalom. I would like to share with her on the party packs and cake etc cause Cleo's birthday is on the 31st October. How do I contact her?

See you Sunday!!! Wink
Natasha Fernz
Frown

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 19, 2005, 6:28 PM

Post #20 of 63 (5401 views)
Shortcut

it was something like a door gift.....shampoo, treats n poster....if not mistaken....

i didn't get for d lucky draw....hehe....coz not lucky enough....but 2 of my friends manage to get.....

n it was such a great nite for all my friends....coz d furkids manage to get a total of 5 trophies....haha.....sounds a lot....but pacco only contribute 1......

Pacco de Mongrel

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 19, 2005, 7:33 PM

Post #21 of 63 (5400 views)
Shortcut

natasha_fernz

wow! another place to hang out! my gf will be very happy to know abt that la since she loves to bring out our furkids even when eating. & yah, she loves western food as well although im a tipycal china man, haha!

Regards,

Yang

natasha_fernz

Oct 20, 2005, 1:18 AM

Post #22 of 63 (5388 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] The Bulldog - a dog friendly pub [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi

hope you get to try out the bulldog... I really like the food... also I think they have some local food too like Nasi Lemak or something.

You should also try going to The Finnegan's in Bangsar, their pork sausages and irish beef stew is really quite yummy! They allow dogs there, even inside the pub!Wink

Cheers!Sly
Natasha Fernz
Frown

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 20, 2005, 2:27 AM

Post #23 of 63 (5386 views)
Shortcut

natasha

are you the one who breed rottweiller? juz wonder, sorry if i mistaken.

& hope u dont mind if possible can u check out the full address? bcs im not from selangor, my hometown is penang. so i always use a map to travel around. Smile

Regards,

Yang

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Oct 23, 2005, 9:27 PM

Post #24 of 63 (5340 views)
Shortcut

Wink Went there last Sun with my JRT n its truly dog friendly on Sundays. Good English pub ambience with wooden decor. Wld make a nice place 4 some drinks as well. Serves mainly English pub food.

If ur dog is reasonably calm n quiet, den he/she will b more den welcome. Thanks 4 d recommendation .

Angelic Here's a pic of him at Bulldog pub, just itching 4 a Guinness...

Feeling groovy? ... den take a peek at 'GroovyDogsJustWannaHvFun'

Attachments: gpub5.jpg (73.0 KB)

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 24, 2005, 11:54 PM

Post #25 of 63 (5312 views)
Shortcut
Re: [groovemaster] The Bulldog - a dog friendly pub [In reply to] Can't Post

groovemaster

Great shot! Do u know the address by the way?

Regards,

Yang

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my