Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
NATURAL REMEDY AGAINST TICKS & LICE etc

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 23, 2005, 11:58 PM

Post #1 of 11 (4440 views)
Shortcut
NATURAL REMEDY AGAINST TICKS & LICE etc Can't Post

Over the years ~ various people have asked for a Natural Remedy Against Ticks, Lice etc ...

This is worth a try ... does not so much kill ticks etc but is effective in getting ticks to drop off & will continue working to keep fresh infestation away.

2 cups Apple Cider Vinegar ... 1 tablespoon Eucalyptus Oil ... 1 tablespoon Citronella oil ... 1 cup unscented AfterBath Oil ... 1 cup water ...

(Optional ~ Add a couple of drops of Lavender Oil)

Mix together & spray over dog.

The After Bath Oil & Water basically acts as "carrier" & base for the natural oils, dilutting & making easy to spray, and to keep on the dog.

CAUTIONS: Avoid spraying into eyes - and TEST on a small area of the dog, make sure there is no adverse/allergic reaction before applying completely. Do not increase the % of the oils (because they can be strong) ...

Smells good too ... Tongue

Cheers

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Sep 24, 2005, 12:01 AM)

colinchin
Enthusiast

Sep 27, 2005, 6:37 PM

Post #2 of 11 (4402 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] NATURAL REMEDY AGAINST TICKS & LICE etc [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Surchinmy,

Where can we buy all the ingredients ? Thanks.

colinchin
Enthusiast

Sep 27, 2005, 6:55 PM

Post #3 of 11 (4402 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] NATURAL REMEDY AGAINST TICKS & LICE etc [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Surchinmy,

Where can we buy those ingredients ?

Thanks.

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 28, 2005, 3:53 AM

Post #4 of 11 (4391 views)
Shortcut
Re: [colinchin] NATURAL REMEDY AGAINST TICKS & LICE etc [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

Apple Cider Vinegar - you can find in almost any supermarket.

As for the aromatic oils ... these are starting to appear in our local shops.

Check out the larger pharmacies or the shopping malls around your area. Many of the shops that sell natural perfumes & scents, will also carry aromatic oils such as ... Eucalyptus ... Citronella ... Lavender.

Some of the Indian/Muslim shops (in Masjid India area) also carry a variety of natural oils (from India).

As for the AfterBath Oil ... can use any type ... this is the oil people put on their skins after bathing/showering to keep skin supple.

Best bet is to ask wife or girlfriend - they will know ... Smile ... and be able to direct you.

Cheers

colinchin
Enthusiast

Sep 28, 2005, 6:06 PM

Post #5 of 11 (4381 views)
Shortcut

Thanks you, surchinmy. Will check it out as a precaution instead of applying chemical on my dog.

chrisong
Doggyman

Sep 28, 2005, 8:18 PM

Post #6 of 11 (4378 views)
Shortcut

Just to share my personal experience.

I used Lanolin oil for prevention of ticks & fles. What I do is once a month I will used Lanolin oil mix with the conditioner and apply on my dogs. Leave on for 5 min and rinse it clean. The ticks & fleas would't want to come near ur dogs. It just for prevention not killing it.

Hope this help.

chrisong
Doggyman

Post #7 of 11 (4377 views)
Shortcut

I used Lanolin oil for prevention of ticks & fles. What I do is once a month I will used Lanolin oil mix with the conditioner and apply on my dogs. Leave on for 5 min and rinse it clean. The ticks & fleas would't want to come near ur dogs. It just for prevention not killing it.

Hope this help.

chrisong
Doggyman

Post #8 of 11 (4378 views)
Shortcut

Hope this help.

chrisong
Doggyman

Post #9 of 11 (4378 views)
Shortcut

Hope this help.

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 29, 2005, 9:41 PM

Post #10 of 11 (4360 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong, colinchin] NATURAL REMEDY AGAINST TICKS & LICE etc [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Lanolin is a natural oil that is secreted by the skin of sheep. When sheep is shorn each year, the wool is processed & the Lanolin Oil extracted & refined. Lanolin is a very good natural moisturiser and very good for protecting coat & fur ... and human skin. Which is why Lanolin is often ingredient in moisturising creams & lotions etc. It is also good because it's the only "animal" oil that is obtainable without haveing to kill or disect an animal ...

But I am not familiar with Lanolin being used as an insect or parasite repellant.

What I like about the "mixture" (suggested earlier) is the combination used:

*** Apple Cider Vinegar is a good insect & parasite repellant, a soothing agent & a mild antiseptic, and it even helps prevent yeast infections. In fact, you can even mix Apple Cider Vinegar into your dog's diet or water, say every other day - and the that too will help the dog excrete oils that help repell parasites.

You can even use Apple Cider Vinegar (slightly diluted, soak with a pad of cotton wool) and use it to clean your dog's ears.

Good website on Apple Cider Vinegar - www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/acvfordogs.html

*** Citronella is a known effective insect & parasite repellant.

*** Eucalyptus is a very effective natural antiseptic.

*** Lavender - well, it smells great ~ and is used in aromatherapy as a soothing agent. Works for me ... *Tongue*

Cheers Smile

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Sep 29, 2005, 9:43 PM)

colinchin
Enthusiast

Sep 29, 2005, 9:48 PM

Post #11 of 11 (4353 views)
Shortcut

Thanks, surchinmy. I am learning each day definately.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my