Home: Dog and Puppy Training: House Breaking:
House Breaking

meena
Novice

Sep 20, 2005, 11:14 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1538 views)
Shortcut
House Breaking Can't Post

Hi, I'm Meena. I'm new. I bought a pup for my son for his birthday.Unfortunetly i have to do all the cleaning as my son is to young. It been almost 2 month since i bring Mimie( pup) home. Next week she will be 3 months old. I think i stil have problem teaching her where to pee and poo. I train her by using a newspaper. She will not pee in her crate. so evertime when i take her put she will run to the paper and pee.(I place it near her crate).We also have a playpan and her crate is in it. everytime we take her out, she will pee all over the hse. She also like to bite.exspecialy now her teeth is grown it really hurt.this is not good for my son . I also notice now she like to bark middle of the night. she never listen to any things i say, e.g ( no bark , no.). plz help

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Sep 22, 2005, 8:00 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1515 views)
Shortcut
Re: [meena] House Breaking [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Meena, where you want your doggie to make his business for the rest of his life? Think about it and then stick to it. A puppy can’t walk and control at the same time; thus he will relieve himself as soon as he can. To overcome that, I used to carry my puppy to the toilet area, until he was 4 months old and was able to walk and to control.

Of course, accidents happen and you have to use a special cleaning agent (available at pet shops) to ensure that no trace of smell remains at the wrong spot, because if the puppy gets this smell it would mean to him that this was once a toilet area = it’s OK to do it here. Teething is a normal thing for puppies and you just need to get one of those chewing toys and to praise your puppy when chewing on it. To protect your furniture, you could use some commercial products (stay away types) or try out some home remedies. To teach your puppy that biting is a NO GO is important and you should never tolerate it. Be firm about it and use the socializing regime & training methods as outlined in several other threads and tons of postings. Have fun reading them and most of all, have fun with your new furkid.

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 24, 2005, 12:19 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1503 views)
Shortcut
Re: [meena] House Breaking [In reply to] Can't Post

It is good that your puppy does not pee in her crate crate. It is natural instinct for a dog not to pee or poop where it rests & sleeps. This instinct should be preserved ~ so that you never have a problem of a pup dirtying its crate or place of rest.

But that said - you must remember to let the pup out often to do her business ... Dogs will usually need pee/poop after every meal and a young 3month old will need to go once every hour or 1.5hrs.

Only as she grows up and her body system matures, will she be able to hold longer.

Try the thread below for basics on How to House Train:

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=194897;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

All the best Smile

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my