Is carrot good for dog?

weweboi2002
Novice

Sep 19, 2005, 3:15 AM

Post #1 of 11 (1321 views)
Shortcut
Is carrot good for dog? Can't Post

Dear frens,

Mind to share, is carrots good for dog? I feed my 2 dogs (mongrel) quite often.

How abt infant milk powder? Is this coz my dogs furs drop?

TQ 4 ur input.

wewe

PSY
K9 Kaki

Sep 19, 2005, 5:19 AM

Post #2 of 11 (1312 views)
Shortcut
Re: [weweboi2002] Is carrot good for dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Carrots should not be a problem, but just think, if dogs live in the wild, would they look for carrots to eat? Do hope Joesmith read your thread as he is more knowledgeable on this subject. As for milk, my personal experience is that it gives my dogs the run, so I give them goats milk or fresh yoghurt a tablespoon full a day.

Do hope the subject on milk help.

All the best.

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Sep 19, 2005, 8:39 PM

Post #3 of 11 (1301 views)
Shortcut
Re: [weweboi2002] Is carrot good for dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

YES, carrots are good for dogs, as all veggies are good. We could feed twice a week just veggies alone and it would be perfectly fine and healthy. However, there is a little trick to it. Dogs can’t break down the cellulose (they don’t have the enzyme required to do); hence, we have to do that for them; just puree the veggies and you have the perfect veggie meal.

On the other hand, to give a whole carrot instead of a recreational bone would provide some chewing pleasure for the dog, if you don’t mind the mess.Milk powder is not a good thing to offer, try to feed chicken wings or necks and your puppy will have a healthy shiny coat. Fur shedding should be seasonal only, so monitor the puppy to determine if it is seasonal or health related.

Amanda85
Doggyman

Sep 21, 2005, 8:53 PM

Post #4 of 11 (1274 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JoeSmith] Is carrot good for dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

what about sausage??

i know that we should not feed salty food to ur dog...coz they will tends to drop their fur....

but sausage is also taste salty

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Sep 21, 2005, 9:59 PM

Post #5 of 11 (1268 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Is carrot good for dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

It is not the sausage alone, which might be salty. You have to consider the quantity too. I do use sausages during training as a treat and honestly, I do not really bother about the nutritional value. In relation to his daily food intake, the few sausages do not have any adverse affect on his health.

Amanda85
Doggyman

Sep 24, 2005, 4:15 AM

Post #6 of 11 (1250 views)
Shortcut

ya...its very effective for training purposes....my dog just loves it than any other treats....

but currently i'm just using during outdoor training......merely to get her full attention....

a question here...,

if i were to use the sausage for daily training at home, will my dog get bored of it and would lose her interest during the outdoor training session??

coz she might think she could have the opportunity to eat it at home too...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Sep 26, 2005, 5:00 PM

Post #7 of 11 (1226 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Is carrot good for dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

I never thought of that. My dog loves sausages and I could give that every day, every hour and I doubt that it would be ever enough. Laugh However, I try to minimize the bribery with sausages, because I noticed that when I use them to often then my dog starts sniffing first before doing the command. It looks like: “Mmhhmm can get sausage smell, so OK will do it”.

babymiki
Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2006, 10:33 PM

Post #8 of 11 (1034 views)
Shortcut

Frown the other day a friend says to make a dog's fur shine we can feed them sweets..how true is this?

Frown*~Germaine's Dogster~*Frown

Frown
*~Meeko's Dogster~*Frown

Frown
MY Blog FrownFrown

Frown MY Friendster BlushFrown

FrownI love my darlings Germaine, the Silky Terrier and Meeko, the Miniature SchnauzerFrown

netty
Dog Kichi

Aug 12, 2006, 4:18 AM

Post #9 of 11 (1029 views)
Shortcut
Re: [babymiki] Is carrot good for dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

does your friend knows anything about dogs

babymiki
Enthusiast

Aug 12, 2006, 7:02 PM

Post #10 of 11 (1024 views)
Shortcut
Re: [netty] Is carrot good for dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

hahah i have no idea..she owns a shihtzu..and her bf owns a AST and ST too..Frown

Frown*~Germaine's Dogster~*Frown

Frown
*~Meeko's Dogster~*Frown

Frown
MY Blog FrownFrown

Frown MY Friendster BlushFrown

FrownI love my darlings Germaine, the Silky Terrier and Meeko, the Miniature SchnauzerFrown

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Aug 13, 2006, 7:16 AM

Post #11 of 11 (1016 views)
Shortcut
Re: [babymiki] Is carrot good for dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink depends on what you call sweet. You could try to use the common fur coat supplement to make the fur shines better instead. Sugar and anything else with it would make the teeth bad only with no effect on the coat.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my