Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
skin problem recover but getting pink/brown color fur??which brand of food is better?

peck_gek
Novice

Sep 9, 2005, 6:54 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1527 views)
Shortcut
skin problem recover but getting pink/brown color fur??which brand of food is better? Can't Post

hi all,

i hv one (1.5yrs old) shih tzu + one (7mths) maltese mix.

they been skin problem quite a long time, especially my shih tzu since small he was perplex with skin problem. been to vet many x but nvr getting well. but dr. yeoh told me tat their' skin problem might cause by food, he asking me to change thier dog food.

so i change the dog food (chicken ingredient) to premier edge (salmon) seems no use. after tat, my fren recommanded me NUTRO LAMB & RICE sencitive formulated food, my dogs now having this food, after eating 4 weeks, oops! thier skin problem recover all, i m so happy!

but wat i found is thier fur at mouth area, sole of the foot area, paw area becaming pink or light brown colorShocked and further more my maltese mix got pink / brown tears & gum in his eyes...now his fur near eyes area got 2 brown line er and brown fur at chin areaUnsure, urgly er... anybody experience with this? know about this?

so i think mayb this cause by nutro food, mayb my 2 dogs not suitable on this brand, but is GOOD for thier skin. and their' fur got pink color at the same time(after eating nutro 2-3weeks). my frens' dog skin also recover all when change to nutro(but her's fur no getting pink color).

i ask the vet which brand is more suitable to my dog since nutro not so suitable 4 them. the vet suggest Hill's science diet or eukanuba lamb and rice. i m staying in penang, i hv search several pet shops & vet at penang, they got sell the HIll's science diet dog food but no LAMB & RICE sencitive formula, but eukanuba lamb & rice sencitiv formula got sell in penang.

which brand is better? do u think thier COLOR fur is cause by food?

regards... peck_gek

chrisong
Doggyman

Sep 9, 2005, 8:01 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1523 views)
Shortcut
Re: [peck_gek] skin problem recover but getting pink/brown color fur??which brand of food is better? [In reply to] Can't Post

Dog food can't change ur dog fur color.

If ur dog have serious skin problem. I recommend you to buy "E*kan*ba Reponse Formula". Only available at vet. For Sensitive skin . Contain protein from fishs and carbohydrates from potatoes. Balance ration of Omega 3 & 6.

Abit expensive laUnsure

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 9, 2005, 10:26 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1513 views)
Shortcut
Re: [peck_gek] skin problem recover but getting pink/brown color fur??which brand of food is better? [In reply to] Can't Post

peck_gek

I have experience on maltese, & i understand exactly wat problem u r facing as this is wat i face too.

well maltese is a bit harder to care off bcs they have white furs, & they tend to discharge brown liquids from eyes, once they get wet their fur will turned brownished too!

well wat u can do is give ur dogs filtered water, clean up the tears around the eyes at least once a day, & trim the fur at paws area so it wont touches the floor.

oh, not to forget give ur dog drink water using bottle, if not, their chin will get wet & here comes the stain again..

the fur turned brown not due to food, but anyway it is advisable to provide them with good quality food.

Science Diet is not recommended as there are by products & it is adviced not to buy by a reputable party. While personally i recommend Canidae which is proven to be holistic & it is a human grade food. anyway, it is still ur choice to decide.

Regards,

Yang

peck_gek
Novice

Sep 10, 2005, 1:18 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1510 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] skin problem recover but getting pink/brown color fur??which brand of food is better? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi leecy,

thank you for yr reply.

i m agree with wat u said, but 1 thing is quite funny is why my 1.5yrs old shih tzu will SUDDENLY got such pink color fur? y happened getting the pink fur on them at the same time?? my shih tzu nvr face such problem b4. if u said maltese might like tat i feel ok lor.

so far everyday i give them filtered water with bottle. and clean thier body & face once/twice per day.

can u pls give me the full name of Canidae? i staying in penang. where can i buy it?

thanks again!

good day to u..

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my