Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
ok to use baby powder for my puppy?

huggiebear912
New User

Sep 7, 2005, 9:31 PM

Post #1 of 12 (2973 views)
Shortcut
ok to use baby powder for my puppy? Can't Post

elo avbody...i just got my 2 months plus Yorkshire Terrier last week...just wonder whether is it ok to use baby powder for my puppy when i do grooming for him???.....Smile

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 7, 2005, 11:02 PM

Post #2 of 12 (2967 views)
Shortcut
Re: [huggiebear912] ok to use baby powder for my puppy? [In reply to] Can't Post

huggiebear

u mean use when plug ear fur that time or? Smile

Regards,

Yang

huggiebear912
New User

Sep 8, 2005, 1:36 AM

Post #3 of 12 (2958 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] ok to use baby powder for my puppy? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi leecy,

i mean can i use baby powder to apply on my baby terrier for the purpose of absorbs moisture and keep them dry and of course smell good too...Laugh coz the other day, when I went Pet's wonderland in Midvalley...I saw the staff put human baby powder on a baby shih tzu lo...so i wonder y le?..could i apply to my baby terrier as well?

jasonnn
New User

Sep 25, 2005, 9:52 AM

Post #4 of 12 (2929 views)
Shortcut
Re: [huggiebear912] ok to use baby powder for my puppy? [In reply to] Can't Post

I do put J&J's baby powder after showering my furkid..but he's no more a puppy..doggie already =)

chrisong
Doggyman

Sep 25, 2005, 1:33 PM

Post #5 of 12 (2924 views)
Shortcut

I don't recommend you use any powder on ur yorkshire terrier. If his/her body are wet just use a blower to dry his/her coat lor. If you use powder, his/her coat will get dry and tangle easy and also easy to breck when u comb his/her hair.

Hope this help.

kulukulu
Novice

Sep 30, 2005, 10:38 AM

Post #6 of 12 (2906 views)
Shortcut

thn is't ok 4 MS?...cz my MS legs fur not so nice...mayb apply some baby powder wil luk nicer...

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Sep 30, 2005, 10:39 PM

Post #7 of 12 (2904 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kulukulu] ok to use baby powder for my puppy? [In reply to] Can't Post

My suggestion is buy the super white shampoo and wash the leg of your MS that is white in colour. This will bring out the white colour and doesn't damage the hair like powder does.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 5, 2005, 11:33 PM

Post #8 of 12 (2871 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] ok to use baby powder for my puppy? [In reply to] Can't Post

kitconnie

is that mean powder is actually mroe harmful than super white shampoo? bcs i saw somebody poring white powder on their white dogs during show wo.. Crazy

Regards,

Yang

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Oct 6, 2005, 4:42 PM

Post #9 of 12 (2863 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] ok to use baby powder for my puppy? [In reply to] Can't Post

That white powder use in show is different. That is only for colouring. To make the white hair look pure white but after the show will be wash of immediately.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

woof
Dog Kichi

Oct 13, 2005, 5:28 PM

Post #10 of 12 (2797 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] ok to use baby powder for my puppy? [In reply to] Can't Post

Howdy Chris,

My Vet advise me to put human talkum powder on my dog's tummy koz recently got some rashes and he say it's orite, if other den the bulu portion of the body isit ok to apply on non bulu portion .? Till now i hef not try yet, scare my furkid go makan n jilat the powder den food poisoning or something will happen. What do you think mate ?

The method i m using now is to wipe the lower part of the body wif a clean towel soak in warm water n den dry the portion wiped. The rashes goes away really fast.

In Reply To
I don't recommend you use any powder on ur yorkshire terrier. If his/her body are wet just use a blower to dry his/her coat lor. If you use powder, his/her coat will get dry and tangle easy and also easy to breck when u comb his/her hair.

Hope this help.

Yours in the World of Animal,
Woof Woof

chrisong
Doggyman

Oct 14, 2005, 7:20 AM

Post #11 of 12 (2788 views)
Shortcut
Re: [woof] ok to use baby powder for my puppy? [In reply to] Can't Post

Howdy Woof

It should be no problem for the dog skin.

But not at his/her fur. Like I say before it will make the fur dry and tangle.

elizatye
K9 Senior

Oct 19, 2005, 6:35 PM

Post #12 of 12 (2755 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kulukulu] ok to use baby powder for my puppy? [In reply to] Can't Post

hihi.. i am using grooming powder on my yippi, normally i will using it when i comb yippi... this help to reduce the odor too ...

Smile Eliza

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my