Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
New Pups coming

woof
Dog Kichi

Sep 7, 2005, 12:34 AM

Post #1 of 7 (1104 views)
Shortcut
New Pups coming Can't Post

Hi i am Woof n just got a 3months GR Pup American Line last Sunday, took her for 2nd Vacs Zap yesterday n kept it at the breeder's place for monitoring in case fever or something like that. A couple of question I need help on:

-Any good E-book or books around that i can use to learn how to train a GR ?

-Any advice or anything to look out for when first bring a dog home?

-I am staying in a condo, any special advice ?

-How often n regular outdoor do a GR need ?

-Kanidae is cool food i heard, what about Ekanuba ?

-What amount of food should a 3 months puppy be eating, as the vet says me dog is little under weight only 12pound, how much food should i give her ?

-Anyone here keep a GR in condo's ? How do u coop wif the demolishing behavior of a pup ?

Thanks for the help.

Yours in the World of Animal,
Woof Woof

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 7, 2005, 1:19 AM

Post #2 of 7 (1095 views)
Shortcut
Re: [woof] New Pups coming [In reply to] Can't Post

woof

u can buy a book abt GR, normally it will includes the necessary steps & answer most of ur questions.

for me, crate is 1 of the important thing to purchase, i dont mean taht buy a crate to cage ur dog all day, a crate is useful when u train a new comer.

the main thing to be worry to stay in a condo while rearing a dog is ppl complaints. make sure ur doors are always lock & u have the right not to let anybody include management oficers even authorities without permits to enter ur house.

I do take care of GR before & they really loves lots of exercise. how often? as much as posible since he is staying in a condo which have limited space for him to run around.

Canidae is a holistic food which proven by reputable party (sorry i forgotten the name) Eukanuba is not as good as Canidae.

U may ask a member here, clangan, he is an experience breeder of GR.

The only way to let ur dog learn to become a dog that u want to is by training them with lots of patient & time.

hope u enjoy owning the dog, wish u & ur dog all the best.

Regards,

Yang

woof
Dog Kichi

Sep 7, 2005, 6:44 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1066 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] New Pups coming [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Yang

Always good to hear from you. Can see you're kinda active around here huh ?

Great dude, keep it up !!

Yeap will take your advice about all the question. Will collect my dog tomolo, been so excited about it!! Hopefully it will turn out fine stayin wif us.

Any good GR book to recommend ?

In Reply To
woof

u can buy a book abt GR, normally it will includes the necessary steps & answer most of ur questions.

for me, crate is 1 of the important thing to purchase, i dont mean taht buy a crate to cage ur dog all day, a crate is useful when u train a new comer.

the main thing to be worry to stay in a condo while rearing a dog is ppl complaints. make sure ur doors are always lock & u have the right not to let anybody include management oficers even authorities without permits to enter ur house.

I do take care of GR before & they really loves lots of exercise. how often? as much as posible since he is staying in a condo which have limited space for him to run around.

Canidae is a holistic food which proven by reputable party (sorry i forgotten the name) Eukanuba is not as good as Canidae.

U may ask a member here, clangan, he is an experience breeder of GR.

The only way to let ur dog learn to become a dog that u want to is by training them with lots of patient & time.

hope u enjoy owning the dog, wish u & ur dog all the best.

Woof Woof

missyjac
Dog Kichi

Oct 14, 2005, 1:32 AM

Post #4 of 7 (983 views)
Shortcut

Frown

Your GR is SO CUTE !!
Your gR is gonna be big.. should bring her/him often for walks..

make sure ur GR doesnt really bark alot cos not many neighbours would like it .. my friend's ECS does his biz in the balcony .

anyway how's ur pup comin along? been 1 month since ur last post :D

woof
Dog Kichi

Oct 14, 2005, 1:46 AM

Post #5 of 7 (977 views)
Shortcut
Re: [missyjac] New Pups coming [In reply to] Can't Post

hey MissyJac!!

Good to see u dropby here !!

Well, hehe my GR her name is Lovie, she is 3months ++ young now. Been staying with us for 2months dee. One thing about Lovie, she is a very obedient baby, we kept her at the backyard of our condo fenced her up. Still remember first nite when we brought her back, she is soooooooooo silent n as we r still setting up our home, we just leave her there, not a sound from her, until we r so worries, tot she is sick or not use to the new home or kena stolen oledi heheheh ..... but when we go n see her she will wag her tail n jumping up n down non stop. When we wanna go in n door close, she will bark, but normally maximum 3-4 bark, she will go silent n that's it, all the way.

Been 2 months wif us now, she is growing at a very fast rate, thanks to many frens here that tell me about this tip, so i did toook her foto every week, just to not miss her growing up process. Faced with many problems and difficulties at first when keeping her, slowly again wanna thanks to many warm hearted soul here, that whole-heartedly keep on pumping me with advice on how to overcome them.

For now, Lovie has learned how to sit, down, up, stay, paw n silent, she also learned when to peepoo n where to peepoo n how to peepoo properly without dirtying herself, she also learned how to see our expression when we are please with her or not and she also learned not to bite stuff n most of all not to bite us!! Hehe .....

Still more to go to train her well n behaved, as we are keeping her in a condo, i just can't imagine an untrained grown up gigantic GR!! And as i know GR always hef a kiddo brain for 2 years !! Lovie is a loving dog and also very well behaved, hehe sometimes......so, need to train her more n make sure she is well trained n discipline for a better future living together in condo.

Saw you got a GR too, isit ? Not really clear picture in ur avatar, but ur furkid got really nice fur.

Nice knowing you ^_^

In Reply To

Your GR is SO CUTE !!
Your gR is gonna be big.. should bring her/him often for walks..

make sure ur GR doesnt really bark alot cos not many neighbours would like it .. my friend's ECS does his biz in the balcony .

anyway how's ur pup comin along? been 1 month since ur last post :D

Woof Woof

mbless
K9 Kaki

Oct 14, 2005, 7:37 AM

Post #6 of 7 (975 views)
Shortcut

Hi yr GR real cute. I've rehome a GR named Sam...who grow too big in d apt n was then kept at d office... He's imported n real big. It was by chance I called a friend d morning he was sending Sam to SPCA...n I told him to bring right to my place. He is now with a new home.
The only prob I see in Sam is his gait is very poor n he got web feet coz of walking on slippery flooring. Take yr GR for walks n build up her leg strength. Dont let her jump too much coz its bad for her legs. She can b ok in condo coz I've seen a lot in Spore...n most of my friends who hv GR keeps theirs indoor....so bout d size of condo.
Good for you your Lovie is a quiet dog....a blessing for condo dog lovers. It's good to keep GR indoor coz they r family dog meaning they love to be around ppl.
Yes GR do mature slower n still r playful at 2 yrs. But they r very intelligent n learn fast. Train her well n u will enjoy her.

missyjac
Dog Kichi

Oct 15, 2005, 8:45 AM

Post #7 of 7 (955 views)
Shortcut

: D
my pleasure dude ;)

Lovie sounds soo obedient and good lah. *envy*
such a good girl.. great to know she luvs u loads :D
keep up the good job ;)

she has indeed learnt alot of stuff right now .. similar to mine except mine is still hyper and very naughty : (hmm.. don neglect lovie she deserves alooot of attention too : D she will indeed grow up beautifully

My pup is 4-5 months old - a mixed breed labrador. her fur is nice on the skull but on the body - its short n un-nice now : ( but not bad lah :)
very naughty girl. must piak her backside.

nice meeting you too : )

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my