Hi Dog Lovers, this is my beautiful Border Collie baby

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

panda_dog
Novice

Aug 25, 2005, 8:16 PM

Post #1 of 36 (1288 views)
Shortcut
Hi Dog Lovers, this is my beautiful Border Collie baby Can't Post

I am a newbie here. Just wan to intro my Border Collie baby (Venus) . She is now 5 months old. Everyday, I can't wait to go back and see her haha. Sometime during work also missing her. How nice if she can talk over the phone. Can check how is she and what is she doing there.Doesn't she look like china panda bear? Wink

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 25, 2005, 9:07 PM

Post #2 of 36 (1280 views)
Shortcut
Re: [panda_dog] Hi Dog Lovers, this is my beautiful Border Collie baby [In reply to] Can't Post

panda_dog

wow, u have 1 of the smartest breed of dog, congrates! & welcome,welcome..

Regards,

Yang

Amanda85
Doggyman

Aug 26, 2005, 12:16 AM

Post #3 of 36 (1271 views)
Shortcut
Re: [panda_dog] Hi Dog Lovers, this is my beautiful Border Collie baby [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there....

border collie are one of the smartest dog breed out there.... they really could excel in obedience and agility....

so do u plan to enrol her for training soon?

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

panda_dog
Novice

Aug 26, 2005, 12:37 AM

Post #4 of 36 (1263 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Hi Dog Lovers, this is my beautiful Border Collie baby [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Amanda85,

How are you? I do thinking to send her to training. But not sure whether to send her to Obedience tranining or skip the obedience and jump to other training as she knows some basic obedience like sit and down. I browse through Pacco's photo gallery. Wow, how many dogs do you have? You sent them for training? Sure they look obedience and lovely hee..

Cheers,

Carmen

Amanda85
Doggyman

Aug 26, 2005, 12:46 AM

Post #5 of 36 (1261 views)
Shortcut

kinki the one in my avatar is my 1st dog.... but she is lost last april ago...

pacco is my 2nd dog...the pure black one... n currently my uncle's boxer puppy is also living wit me... will upload his picture soon...

i sent kinki for obedience training, becoz i'm new into this field n wanted to gain some knowledge in obedience training n to socialize my dog.... or else she will alwiz be at home n kinda boring...so want to find something tat she can do wit me....

as for pacco, she'll start her obedience training this week n later i plan to enrol her for agility...

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

Amanda85
Doggyman

Aug 26, 2005, 12:48 AM

Post #6 of 36 (1259 views)
Shortcut

u can skip obedience n go for agility if wanted too... but u must have full control of ur dog...

as for obedience, they train for

1) healing

2) sit, down & stand

3) stay

Pacco de Mongrel

panda_dog
Novice

Aug 26, 2005, 1:03 AM

Post #7 of 36 (1250 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Hi Dog Lovers, this is my beautiful Border Collie baby [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Amanda85,

I am sorry about Kinki. It must be sad to lost Kinki. Pacco will start her first lesson for obedience training this sunday at taman desa at 9.30? Coz I might be going there also. What do you think of the obedience training? I mean after graduated from the training, is our canine fren really practice what is been taught?

Cheers,

Carmen

Amanda85
Doggyman

Aug 26, 2005, 1:10 AM

Post #8 of 36 (1247 views)
Shortcut

is our canine fren really practice what is been taught?

for ur above question, i really couldn't give u a definate answer...coz it very much depends on the owner and the dog also....

eventhough kinki had already learn all the commands n pass her Basic Obedience Test..... she will not practise it during her daily routine....partly is becoz i'm not strict enough.... i didn't expect her to heel when i bring her for walks coz kinki don't actually pull during walks...she tends to follow my pace but not exactly heel next to me..... but besides that it also depends on the dog itself...

as for pacco.... i'd now make sure tat she alwiz heel when she is on leash....coz she is very hyper and alwiz pulling ahead.... so must control her abit lar... if not ppl though tat i didn't teach her to behave...

Pacco de Mongrel

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Aug 26, 2005, 1:10 AM)

panda_dog
Novice

Aug 26, 2005, 1:17 AM

Post #9 of 36 (1244 views)
Shortcut

Ya, all depends on the dog and owner also. How you teach Pacco to heel when on leash? Shorten the leash so that she is just beside you?

Cheers,

Carmen

Amanda85
Doggyman

Aug 26, 2005, 1:23 AM

Post #10 of 36 (1243 views)
Shortcut

pacco still dunno how to heel.... but i just make sure tat she is alwiz beside of me....

ya, i shorten the chain ......

i planned to use food to lure her actually, but once she is out from the house, she'll get very excited of the surrounding n lost interest to her most beloved treats.....

maybe i should change the treats to human drumsticks...then maybe she'll like it,....

Pacco de Mongrel

ladee_m
Doggyman

Aug 26, 2005, 3:21 AM

Post #11 of 36 (1219 views)
Shortcut

Ello Smile

Welcome ... u sure got urself the smartest dog on the block... so what occupation do u have in mind for her... hope to c her a star someday soon...

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Aug 26, 2005, 4:39 AM

Post #12 of 36 (1214 views)
Shortcut

Hello and welcome!!!

Wah... your Venus looks so adorable! Really like a little panda. I bet she's an active lil dog since border collies have a lot of energy. Have you thought of training Venus to do agility one day? This breed can do great in agility. Too bad we don't have sheep here hehehe... if got ah, I'm sure Venus would love to herd sheep Laugh

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

panda_dog
Novice

Aug 26, 2005, 5:10 PM

Post #13 of 36 (1210 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Hi Dog Lovers, this is my beautiful Border Collie baby [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Maybe I will give my baby Venus some work to do. Maybe let her herd groups of ants haha. This will not be dangerous then since we live in the city. That avatar pic actually taken when she was about 3 months old. Now already 5 months old. Her ear was semi-erect until about 3 months old (in the pic) then when one day I cleaned and wiped her ear, suddenly her ear becomes fully erect. Now dunno how to make her ear semi-erect anymore. She is more adorable when her ear is semi-erect. Anybody know how to make our beloved canine fren's ear to semi-erect?

Cheers,

Carmen

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Aug 26, 2005, 5:28 PM

Post #14 of 36 (1208 views)
Shortcut

Hahah... you ca also let her herd soft toys too. Safer heheheh..

Oh... that was when she was 3 months. Ah, the ears will be erect. Only a few border collies have semi erect ears. Yah, I know, when the ears drop a little, they look absolutely adorable and with those puppy dog eyes, cannot resist hahahah....

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.

panda_dog
Novice

Aug 26, 2005, 5:44 PM

Post #15 of 36 (1207 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Hi Dog Lovers, this is my beautiful Border Collie baby [In reply to] Can't Post

Ya, right, cannot resist haha. Especially when she pretend a pity face staring at you. Can't resist the temptation to hug her haha. Maybe I should put some clip to clip her ears and see whether will it drop back or not. Your pic avatar is a shih tzu?

Cheers,

Carmen

Amanda85
Doggyman

Aug 26, 2005, 6:04 PM

Post #16 of 36 (1205 views)
Shortcut

the pic in crazymouse avatar is a boxer le....Laugh

plz don clip her ears le....it will be painful.....Crazy

pacco also have semi-erect ears now, but i think it will eventually become erect too.

though semi-erect looks adorable, i still prefer erect ears....coz it makes her looks smart and alert

Pacco de Mongrel

panda_dog
Novice

Aug 26, 2005, 6:24 PM

Post #17 of 36 (1201 views)
Shortcut

Actually I tried before using the cloth clip which is loose so will not pain, but she doesn't like it and she shakes her head, all the clips fall down haha. Then I din't try anymore. Whether is semi-erect or full-erect, I still love her. How old is your Pacco?

Cheers,

Carmen

Sydney
Doggyman

Aug 26, 2005, 10:15 PM

Post #18 of 36 (1194 views)
Shortcut

FrownHiey,

Welcome to the forumFrownFrownFrown
Hope you'll enjoy it here. LOLLaughYour's really look more of a panda dog but the colour is really common to the other border collie owners hereSmile

Is this your first time having a dog?I want to know more about VenusSmile

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

panda_dog
Novice

Aug 27, 2005, 12:22 AM

Post #19 of 36 (1192 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sydney] Hi Dog Lovers, this is my beautiful Border Collie baby [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

This is the first time I have a pure breed dog, I do have other mix-breed dog. Of all the dogs I have rared, Venus is the luckiest and the happiest dog coz I put her inside the house, sometimes I sleep with her. So she has all the freedoms running around and climbing to the sofa when I were watching tv. Sometimes she is so naughty that she jumps onto my bed. You should see the way she plays and entertains herself. So funny! When everybody is busy or watching tv, she will starts play with herself. Running the whole house front and back non-stop while carrying her little favourite toy in her mouth and make some noises. So cute watching her play like that. She will not get boring even plays the same game. Sometimes she will hold her favourite toys in her mouth and starts shaking her head so the toy swing here and swing there and she will Grr.. Grr Grr. She will do that non-stop while we are laughing. If nobody kacau her then she will come and kacau us. She will either put her hand on our leg or put her head on our lap. So manja. Wan ppl sayang her. If still nobody pet her, then she will move her head to our hand to tell us to sayang her and make pity face. Well, really cannot resist when see her like tat. And she likes to win. If race with her, if she was far behind then she will make cry sound hahaha. If I ask her to sit and I throw her toy, she will reverse then sit far away so that she is nearer to the toy and can retrieve faster. I will get all excited when mentioning about Venus haha. She likes to mix with ppl and dogs.

Is your pic a MS? It looks soooooo adorable!

Amanda85
Doggyman

Aug 27, 2005, 1:08 AM

Post #20 of 36 (1189 views)
Shortcut

i think u r still new about dog breeds right...?

sydney avatar is a silky terrier.....

my pacco girl is now 5 months old...i got her when she is 1 month onli....

i also wanted to let my dog in the house n sleep wit me.... that would be wonderful...

but my parents doesn't like dogs to be in the house......haih........

next time, when i'm financially capable already..... i sure duwan to stay wit them,

Pacco de Mongrel

Sydney
Doggyman

Aug 27, 2005, 1:17 AM

Post #21 of 36 (1187 views)
Shortcut

WowLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughI'll laugh if my dog will do that. But he doesnt like to be pat. He likes to be carried like a babyMad. Sidney also like that cuz he carries his favourite chew toy around in his mouth and run away b4 any1 can take the bone away. WaitsUnimpressednow is a mushroomSmile. The other half of the 2 bones were chewed of and we cut it into 2 pieces and throw the other piece awaySmile.

Well, Venus has something in common with my silkySmile. He stays away so he can get the toy fast. Have you taught her any tricks? It's better for her to learn tricks now at this ageSmile.

Oh, my dogie is a silky terrier. A MS have a bigger moustache than a silky. Though he looks more like a MSSmile

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

panda_dog
Novice

Aug 27, 2005, 1:38 AM

Post #22 of 36 (1184 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sydney] Hi Dog Lovers, this is my beautiful Border Collie baby [In reply to] Can't Post

Carried like a baby? haha. Sooooooooo manja Tongue. He must be thinking that you are his mummy. I have surf in the nets and read in the books about few tricks, but i no disipline in teaching her. I must be consistent and persistant in order to teach her so she can remember. Maybe I should enroll her in training classes.

How about you? You taught Sidney any tricks?

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Aug 27, 2005, 7:16 AM

Post #23 of 36 (1181 views)
Shortcut

LOL.. I think your darling pup's ears are naturally erect ears. There aren't any way into making the ears drop down again.

My avatar is my boxer.... Toby boy.

milooh

Sep 17, 2005, 8:01 PM

Post #24 of 36 (1157 views)
Shortcut

Hi Panda, your bc looks really cute. How old is she now? It happens that I have 2 border collies with red and white markings. My dogs's names are Gael and Voucher. They compete in agility competition regularly. I am from Sarawak but now living in Auburn, Washington.

Rossie
Rossie
www.jef-b.com/Dogs

hueychoy
New User

Dec 22, 2005, 1:24 AM

Post #25 of 36 (1099 views)
Shortcut

Anyone can tell where can I get a reasonable price for Border Collie. Was asking 1 fella, he quote for RM2800! Crazy.. 10x

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my