Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Breed Specific: Toy Group:
maltese or pom suitable for a form5 girl?

charlenealvin
Enthusiast

Aug 20, 2005, 9:19 PM

Post #1 of 9 (1108 views)
Shortcut
maltese or pom suitable for a form5 girl? Can't Post

Unsure maltese is cute and pom is active>< both adorable and my friend wana know more about both breed,because she decided to buy 1 as her companion><

^^

all members here welcome to give suggestion and idea,thanks^^

>v< wish all of u happy day with ur doggie >v<
FrownFrownFrownhappy life with my cute EDDIE,the best present from my BF...as a christmas gift~
FrownFrownFrownso cute and happy with HAZEL kampate ya~~!

Frownmy KIKI leave me on 02 September 2005
FrownWe miss you forever,ever and ever

chrisong
Doggyman

Aug 21, 2005, 7:34 AM

Post #2 of 9 (1095 views)
Shortcut
Re: [charlenealvin] maltese or pom suitable for a form5 girl? [In reply to] Can't Post

Both dog very cute. But do she have time, money and commitment in taking care their coat? If no better look for other breed with less grooming wan.Wink

Amanda85
Doggyman

Aug 23, 2005, 4:13 AM

Post #3 of 9 (1080 views)
Shortcut
Re: [charlenealvin] maltese or pom suitable for a form5 girl? [In reply to] Can't Post

ya, both maltese and pom coat are hard to maintain..... unless u send them frequently for grooming that is both money and time comsuming.

why don opt for a short coat dog? i think ur friend wanted a small breed dog right? coz both maltese and pom is also small size.

why not a pug or a terrier...like Jack Russell Terrier....

but usually terrier are noisy and hyper active... if ur fren don mind then its alright...

pug is alwiz the best option....

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 25, 2005, 10:52 PM

Post #4 of 9 (1058 views)
Shortcut

charlenealvin

i do handled both pom & maltese, & still in learning process but wish to share with u some of the difference.

well for maltese, they are not only have long coats, they also have white coat! so u need to care most on their coats. & bcs they are white in color, so their tear stains will be very obvious, thus u have to clean it up everyday & learn how to reduce the stain.

while for pom, their hair are relatively thick but it wont grow until the floor. which means it is rather easier to care off compared to maltese. but it is important to groom their hair everyday so it wont get tangled.

generaly, pom are more hyper than maltese, but both are very smart dog. i find that maltese bark less & not that naughty. but still it depends on individual dogs.

so have ur fren decide which breed to choose? if she is still a student, pom will be less expensive if compared to maltese. but it will never be cheap to take care of ANY dog.

cheers. Tongue

Regards,

Yang

gb_queenie
Dog Kichi

Sep 13, 2005, 9:35 PM

Post #5 of 9 (1018 views)
Shortcut

pom make a great companion...

Frown a dog is the only thing on earth that will love you more than you love yourself Frown

gb_queenie
Dog Kichi

Sep 13, 2005, 9:35 PM

Post #6 of 9 (1018 views)
Shortcut

pom make a great companion...

Frown a dog is the only thing on earth that will love you more than you love yourself Frown

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 21, 2005, 7:24 PM

Post #7 of 9 (974 views)
Shortcut

charlenealvin

any update? Smile

Regards,

Yang

jooann_koh
Dog Kichi

Oct 25, 2005, 7:25 AM

Post #8 of 9 (952 views)
Shortcut

just curious...is ur surname Tan?

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 25, 2005, 8:38 PM

Post #9 of 9 (949 views)
Shortcut

charlenealvin

so have ur fren found 1? juz 2 share another big difference after i taken care for a pom at my home! maltese dont really shed but pom do shed a lo0OT! anyway they are lovely.. Smile

Regards,

Yang

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my