Where to board my JRT?

tangyp
Novice

Aug 17, 2005, 5:05 PM

Post #1 of 22 (3255 views)
Shortcut
Where to board my JRT? Can't Post

Hello everybody.

For the first time in 3 years, I have to leave my female Jack Russell Terrier for this coming weekend. So in a dilemma as to where I can leave her. Have heard horror stories about the so called Pet Hotel at Ikano on this forum so not keen on just leaving her anywhere. She's very pampered you see. Normally sleep with me on the bed.

Wondering if anyone can recommend some place in PJ preferably where I can leave my JOEY and then go off with peace of mind knowing that she'll be well taken care off till I get back.

Any suggestions most welcome.

Thanks all! Smile

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Aug 17, 2005, 5:17 PM

Post #2 of 22 (3252 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tangyp] Where to board my JRT? [In reply to] Can't Post

I know a vet clinic in Puchong, Bandar Puteri which provide good service of boarding.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

tangyp
Novice

Aug 17, 2005, 5:24 PM

Post #3 of 22 (3236 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] Where to board my JRT? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I know a vet clinic in Puchong, Bandar Puteri which provide good service of boarding.

Hi kitconnie78,

Thanks for your suggestion. But not too keen on a vet clinic ler...as it would mean possibly exposing her to other unhealthy animals. Thanks anyway!

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Aug 18, 2005, 12:03 AM

Post #4 of 22 (3213 views)
Shortcut

I wouldn't say so. If you board your dog at pet shop you might have higher risk of sickness. I really don't trust any petshop for boarding.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

janthk
Canine Addict

Aug 18, 2005, 3:41 AM

Post #5 of 22 (3204 views)
Shortcut

Hi Thangyp,

You might wanna try out this place called Mama Dog. However it is located in Cheras. You can learn more about it on the website .

They also offer home made treats which my Scruffy loves.

Good luck in your search for a suitable place. Wink

tangyp
Novice

Aug 18, 2005, 4:34 AM

Post #6 of 22 (3194 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I wouldn't say so. If you board your dog at pet shop you might have higher risk of sickness. I really don't trust any petshop for boarding.

Yes...now you see why I'm having a headache as to where to leave my JOEY? Hmm... Even the so called PET HOTEL is not professional. What to expect from the others huh? :-(

tangyp
Novice

Aug 18, 2005, 4:37 AM

Post #7 of 22 (3193 views)
Shortcut
Re: [janthk] Where to board my JRT? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hi Thangyp,

You might wanna try out this place called Mama Dog. However it is located in Cheras. You can learn more about it on the website .

Yeah...I called up Lennie of MamaDog today. Meeting up with her tonight to check out her place and also for her to check out my JOEY. I like what I read so far from her website. Anyway, we'll see.

Thanks!

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Aug 18, 2005, 5:23 PM

Post #8 of 22 (3167 views)
Shortcut

Well you need to find someone you can trust. The one I told you about I board my dogs there a few times and I feel good about it that is the reason I recommend to you. You might want to go and find out at the shop.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

janthk
Canine Addict

Aug 19, 2005, 1:26 AM

Post #9 of 22 (3135 views)
Shortcut

Good for you. Hopefully you like the place. Oh by the way, I have a voucher for a free night stay at Lennie's place. Won it in the lucky draw during the Dogathon. I am not gonna use the voucher so if you like I can pass it to you.

You can call me on my mobile 019-275 8856 if you would like to get the voucher from me.

tangyp
Novice

Aug 19, 2005, 4:39 AM

Post #10 of 22 (3127 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Well you need to find someone you can trust. The one I told you about I board my dogs there a few times and I feel good about it that is the reason I recommend to you. You might want to go and find out at the shop.

OK...thanks so much.

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Aug 19, 2005, 5:14 PM

Post #11 of 22 (3110 views)
Shortcut

No problem. I am glad that I could be of help.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

modJO
Novice

Aug 31, 2005, 9:23 PM

Post #12 of 22 (3083 views)
Shortcut

Hiii..

Ive heard and seen the Pet Hotel @ Ikana from the outside a couple of times. Always wondered what it is like. Why do you say it is not professional? Just curious!

estangor
Novice

Sep 14, 2005, 2:07 AM

Post #13 of 22 (3022 views)
Shortcut

So, how do I find out about this place called Mama Dog? We are moving to KL at beginning of November and will probably need a boarding kennel for our 2 golden retrievers over Christmas. Hate to have to do it, but may not have a choice. Hope you can provide at least a phone number. Thanks, Eve

In Reply To
Hi Thangyp,

That Crazy Dog Lady!

Jackal6628
Novice

Oct 18, 2005, 8:13 PM

Post #14 of 22 (2922 views)
Shortcut
Re: [estangor] Where to board my JRT? [In reply to] Can't Post

Tongue To all dog lovers

Knowing some of you got problem where to board your loving dogs. I went to a pet shop (PJ-Tmn Mayang) which quite good to have a visit. People working there is the owner of the shop, and they are dog lovers as well. Every weekend, I bring my MS - Coco there for play with their dogs. They provide accommodation for your dogs as well if you have holiday to travel.

The pet shop is located near 'ming tin - tmn mayang' , upstairs above magnum shop, should be easy to find. I bring my Coco to Ming Tin for breakfast or sometimes lunch, and the Boss at Ming Tin allow me as well, so I have a great time with my Coco there all the while. But I never let my Coco run everywhere, just sit on the chair only. Sly

Hope you guys have a great time

Jackal

estangor
Novice

Oct 18, 2005, 8:26 PM

Post #15 of 22 (2917 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jackal6628] Where to board my JRT? [In reply to] Can't Post

#4 Lorong Ru Kedua
> 55000 Kuala Lumpur
> Malaysia

That Crazy Dog Lady!

Jackal6628
Novice

Oct 18, 2005, 8:35 PM

Post #16 of 22 (2913 views)
Shortcut
Re: [estangor] Where to board my JRT? [In reply to] Can't Post

So far I only saw two guys there who are working in the shop, there is no lady around. Maybe I didn't see who you mentioned about.

Anyway, just a suggestion for you guys.

shalmay

Apr 4, 2007, 5:21 AM

Post #17 of 22 (2527 views)
Shortcut

hi janthk,

i'm searching a nice boarding place for my dog.. n so luckily saw your forum here got intro a petshop called MAMA petshop... and i stay at cheras too... so hopefully can know where is this petshop located at cheras, thanks you Blush

janthk
Canine Addict

Apr 4, 2007, 7:25 AM

Post #18 of 22 (2523 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shalmay] Where to board my JRT? [In reply to] Can't Post

I know a good boarding place. Please call this number 012-9147868 and look for Helena. I boarded my dog there for 1 week when I was away in Australia and all was well and my doggy was really happy too when he returned to me. They dont cage your doggy up during the boarding. He gets to run free. If you need more information, drop me a mail at janthk . Happy searching! Smile

shalmay

Apr 4, 2007, 6:37 PM

Post #19 of 22 (2505 views)
Shortcut

hi janthk,

thank you so much for your help Blush

before i contact helena... may i know where is the place of helena? because i stay at cheras Unsure

and may i know is it indoor or outdoor for boarding the dogs? because my dog stay indoor with me, n i seldom let him play outside... because hor.. i worry he will get the tick problem Frown and hor... he likes to pee poo at toilet at home, even he is playing at house porch too Smile

thanks for your kindly info ya Blush

YanYan
Enthusiast

Apr 7, 2007, 5:38 AM

Post #20 of 22 (2488 views)
Shortcut

shalmay

I read through your posts. I know roughly where is pet shops at cheras area but not sure

whether they offer boarding services or not. Will try to look around for youSmile Oh,Helena's house

is located at Puncak Jalil area. But I don't think you can board your dog there since he is a male.

They had some rules,if I'm not mistaken they didn't accept male dogs because their dogs is female

and is not spayed. May I know where you live in cheras?

shalmay

Apr 9, 2007, 8:22 PM

Post #21 of 22 (2473 views)
Shortcut
Re: [YanYan] Where to board my JRT? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi YanYan,

i stay at bandar damai perdana, cheras.... near the taman len seng there...

hmmm.. is it the helena same as the Amber, Faith, Chloe & human(Melissa) them... because i'm contact with them now for my dog boarding problem... they also stay at puncak bukit jalil there oh... Shocked

thank you for your help oh Blush

YanYan
Enthusiast

Apr 10, 2007, 3:35 PM

Post #22 of 22 (2464 views)
Shortcut

Frownshalmay

Oh,I roughly know where is your location.

Ya,Helena is Melissa's mum. I'm reffering to them lor.

You can try and ask them and see whether you can board

your dog there or not lorSmile By the way,do you know

where is taman cannought? I know there is a pet shop

that offer boarding service around there. If you are

interested,you can let me know and I will try to bring

you thereFrown

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my