AKU SHOW CANCEL!!!!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

ricky
Enthusiast

Aug 16, 2005, 12:00 AM

Post #1 of 31 (2989 views)
Shortcut
AKU SHOW CANCEL!!!! Can't Post

AKU Show cancel because of haze. Will postpone to DEC 2005.
friendly,
RicKY

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Aug 16, 2005, 12:55 AM

Post #2 of 31 (2981 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ricky] AKU SHOW CANCEL!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Ricky,

Cancel ? oh dear... no chance to meeting up with u then.

btw, I thought the event was indoor event ? if indoor haze wont really affect right ? sum more sad to say the haze is nearly gone ..... now the show got cancelled pulak !

cheers,
minglmy

chrisong
Doggyman

Aug 16, 2005, 4:58 AM

Post #3 of 31 (2964 views)
Shortcut

Where is the haze now!!!Crazy

How come MKA did't put up a notice or even call up the participant that the AKU show cancel????Mad Are they going to refund back the money to us??? What if other participant can't go for the Dec show??? Today already Monday MKA think we all got six sense that we all will know the show will cancelSly Hahahaha

What is MKA management doing!!! Look at their website!!! Still the same no update since.........Crazy Sad Sad

Dissappointed MKA memberFrown

ricky
Enthusiast

Aug 16, 2005, 6:17 AM

Post #4 of 31 (2944 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] AKU SHOW CANCEL!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

yes, heard that they will refund the money, I guess they will send the official mail soon.

Unsure
friendly,
RicKY

noir
Novice

Aug 16, 2005, 8:01 AM

Post #5 of 31 (2933 views)
Shortcut

should have informed earlier... so disappointed. planned to drop by to KL this sat.

anyway... what to do but to accept the fact ! Frown
[img] www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid205/pec13483f638761256e8b2624fbe35e37/ef0987e0.jpg[/img]

chrisong
Doggyman

Aug 16, 2005, 4:45 PM

Post #6 of 31 (2924 views)
Shortcut
Re: [noir] AKU SHOW CANCEL!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Where got inform??? MKA did't even care to inform today already Tuesday 16/8/2005!!!Mad

ricky
Enthusiast

Aug 16, 2005, 5:51 PM

Post #7 of 31 (2917 views)
Shortcut

yaloh...I wish they can change their mind...:D .

yes, still waiting their official announcement.

Pirate
friendly,
RicKY

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Aug 16, 2005, 10:05 PM

Post #8 of 31 (2884 views)
Shortcut

MKA is always last minute and no notification. Well MKA has good reputation of being stupid.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

KL
Novice

Aug 19, 2005, 6:34 PM

Post #9 of 31 (2795 views)
Shortcut

Hi Guys,

Received a call on the issue mentioned above. And I believe that a reasonable person is not able to accept the explaination by MKA or personally I do not for the following reasons, namely,

1.) Last min notification - just imagine someone called you in the middle of something at one fine afternoon (5 days before the show) and say the coming AKU show is cancelled for whatsoever reasons. And there is no proper and official documentation. Should I believe someone I do not know from another end of the phone? Or can I enter my dog in coming by making a phone call to MKA 1/2 hour before the closing time and follow-up with the proper documents and money later???

2.) The Haze and Permit - Was told over the phone that the show cancelled was due to the haze and not able to obtain a permit due to the haze. Just wonder, the haze issue started on the 2nd week of August 05 and I believe a professional body such as MKA will not apply the permit for the event mentioned after the closing date of the regiatration of the event (if I am not wrong the last date to enter the show was 30th July 05), I believe such organise and professional body will have get the few important issues iron out before even start collecting the entry from fellow members, such as booking of the venue, applying permit for the event, inviting the judges etc. Therefore, I think the permit is not an issue in this case because at the time the permit is applied and approved there isn't any haze!

3.) Haze - Fully understood that for the health benefits of the dogs and owners, the concern body - MKA had decided to cancelled. Thank you sir, but who is able to determine there will be haze on the show date (21st august 05)? the's bomoh? or........... But today when I flip thru the Sun paper and found out that SPCA is organising an event at the same venue - on 21 st Sunday 05 at 6pm. Should I conclude that SPCA does not care about the health benefits of the dogs and cats???

4.) Being considerate - I believe every exhibitor had spent lots of times and efforts to prepare for the AKU show (bare in mind, this is a ASIA KENNEL UNION's show not an ordinary All Breed Show) and was told the show is now cancelled or postpone. Can one imagine how these exhibitor feels....

Last but not least, I am rather dissapointed with the whole issue and believe that the commitee owe us (the members and anyone who is interested to attend the show) an explaination.

axist3
Novice

Aug 19, 2005, 8:26 PM

Post #10 of 31 (2781 views)
Shortcut

comfirm cancel?

FrownFrown

chrisong
Doggyman

Aug 19, 2005, 8:33 PM

Post #11 of 31 (2779 views)
Shortcut
Re: [axist3] AKU SHOW CANCEL!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes. Its already comfirm cancel. They already distributed the notice to all participant already. I Receive the notice on Thusday 18/8/2005.Frown

PSY
K9 Kaki

Aug 20, 2005, 4:54 AM

Post #12 of 31 (2761 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KL] AKU SHOW CANCEL!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Good on you, why don't you just do that and post a copy of your show cause letter at their web page or "answer something or rather" as puppyt.com cannot and will not relate thgis to M.K.A., well I do not think so anyway. All the best.

Cheerio .

chrisong
Doggyman

Aug 20, 2005, 5:52 AM

Post #13 of 31 (2755 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSY] AKU SHOW CANCEL!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't think MKA will post up this type of question to show the public. They only show good comment about MKA.

vickylow
Dog Kichi

Aug 21, 2005, 12:53 AM

Post #14 of 31 (2711 views)
Shortcut

Hello,
i yah MKA is like that one...
They only know Makan Kacang Aja......

Vickylow

Renee

Aug 21, 2005, 7:10 AM

Post #15 of 31 (2690 views)
Shortcut

Haiya...

This make it worse...I stllL heard the light and easy channel announced it tomorrow got dog show this afternoon..so charm.....Shocked

chrisong
Doggyman

Aug 21, 2005, 7:24 AM

Post #16 of 31 (2686 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Renee] AKU SHOW CANCEL!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Aiyo!!!Unsure What if the public really when there and only found out there is no dog show? Sure will get angry and dissappointed.

I think MKA should't cancel the show. Show must goes on. Even goverment did't announce for public holiday because of HAZE. MKA should't make a decision so early should wait and see the HAZE situation first. If the HAZE still very bad last minute cancel show the participants also would't blame them lor. People will understand ma. HAZE already gone from last week Saturday but now no show this Sunday.Frown

Renee

Aug 21, 2005, 7:47 AM

Post #17 of 31 (2674 views)
Shortcut

if not wrong the spca also having on some event on the same venue..not too bad lar at least if the public go there still can see some doggie around

chrisong
Doggyman

Aug 21, 2005, 3:37 PM

Post #18 of 31 (2661 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Renee] AKU SHOW CANCEL!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

What event going to held there? I think most probably for adoption right? The public will get dissapointed also.Frown

The Small Fry
Novice

Aug 22, 2005, 10:27 PM

Post #19 of 31 (2597 views)
Shortcut

honestly i dun think they'd bother.

PSY
K9 Kaki

Aug 23, 2005, 3:36 AM

Post #20 of 31 (2561 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Small Fry] AKU SHOW CANCEL!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

My, my, not sure to laugh or not. This thing started with Ricky, who from his postling was informing fellow puppy.com members the show is off, so notice was given, M.K.A. through it's member has done the job. KL, it looks like has a beef with M.K.A. and using this to vent his/her anger. (I am not well verse in english but this was the impression I got from this these two posting.) Now the rest of KL supporters, are you at all involve in the show, if not why are you all going up in arms over this matter.

Haze, over the week-end or at least during the week it went up north so there are people travelling from up north so it may be a hazard for them on the road. SPCA, I understand from one of the posting it starts at 6 pm or even if not for Selangor folks it should be fine to carry on. I am sure no one from other states would travel down or up for a SPCA event when most states do have representatives.

So, to conclude if you all are still very much against the way things are done by M.K.A. you have two options ;

1. Boycott the next show, do not participate and do not visit the show.

2. Do not register your new puppy with them.

3. Organise another dog show to compete with them, sanction or otherwise.

4. Why not try running for office and change the system.

chrisong
Doggyman

Aug 23, 2005, 4:47 AM

Post #21 of 31 (2560 views)
Shortcut

Hi PSY,

I think most people that posted their message here do involve in MKA dog show that included me. Like KL and the rest, me also very angry and dissappointed that MKA did't post a notice to its members that is till last week thusday 18/8/2005 I only receive the notice that say cancel due to HAZE.Frown

As a MKA member we have nothing to against them. Just that MKA still have room for improvement or to do a better job in organising an event. Not like just simply cancel an event like the AKU show by giving a reason "HAZE" that it. If we ask them where is the HAZE now? So, what you think they are going to answer? There is almost no more HAZE since 1 week 13/8/2005 before the show start.

(This post was edited by chrisong on Aug 23, 2005, 4:59 AM)

ricky
Enthusiast

Aug 23, 2005, 11:29 AM

Post #22 of 31 (2546 views)
Shortcut

I think sometime it is really subjective to say Right or Wrong.
But, if we try to think on positive way (not bias); this is what I can see from the whole picture:

1) Don’t think so MKA purposely need to cancel the show. As we know, this AKU show was planned since 1-2 months ago, I don’t think so MKA board try to pull a leg with all member.
If you think deeply, Government had declared the haze is critical and school is off for 2 days, it’s indicated this is emergency and without any planning or early notice, that’s why government "DECLARE CRITICAL and EMERGENCY”. Samething happened to MKA, this is what I heard, not so sure is correct. The permit is withdrawn because of haze; this cause the boards have to make a decision postponed the Show. If this is emergency, do you think MKA got plenty of time to prepare to inform every single member on the spot? Don’t forget, the 1st priority always go to Judge (oversea), they have to cancel all the Freight, and also venue and so on.
It is not that’s easy.....

2)No one can predict whether the haze will keep going until show day, if MKA insists to have a dog show on the date, assuming there is a haze on the show day and government decided call off , who will be more suffer? I think all member, judge and visitor as well. So to play safe, the decided to cancel the show.

3) If the show keep going on the show day and haze still be around, touch wood if someone impacted because of haze (maybe you are the one, or myself, or any one),
So you want to see this tragedy happened? Who should bear the responsible? That’s why I think prevention is better than solution.

Frankly speaking, I do agree with you all that I was disappointed because the show was cancel, but if you look at the whole picture, I personally feel the decision they made is reasonable and can be justify.

Just my opinion.

Best Regards,

Ricky Chang

Edited by Admin to remove advertising URL

(This post was edited by Admin on Aug 23, 2005, 3:33 PM)

chrisong
Doggyman

Aug 23, 2005, 4:42 PM

Post #23 of 31 (2533 views)
Shortcut

Yes, I agree with you, MKA make a right decision to cancel the show if their permit was withdrawn from them.

SPCA held an event at the same venue that day? If yes, how come SPCA can not MKA???

ricky
Enthusiast

Aug 23, 2005, 6:30 PM

Post #24 of 31 (2524 views)
Shortcut

If we can find out from out SPCA, think will clear your doubt. Smile
friendly,
RicKY

KL
Novice

Aug 23, 2005, 7:05 PM

Post #25 of 31 (2514 views)
Shortcut

Hi PSY,

G'day, 1stly, please do not get too upset over the message I posted earlier, I am just writting this to express my dissatifaction over the whole issue. As I had mentioned earlier, cancellation or postponement of the show should be announce earlier officially but not making a phone call telling the member that the show is cancelled due to haze.

Secondly, do not get over too sensative that I am very against what MKA did. But I think as a member of MKA, we do have the rights to voice out our dissatisfaction. By reading your posting, what if I ask why are you so for what MKA did? Are you involve in any day to day operation of MKA or you are ....? I bet if these questions are thrown to you, you will be very upset too. Right? Or you are telling me that me as a MKA member has no rights or whatsoever to voice out my dissatisfaction?

Well, PSY please do not just look at the issue from one side. let me illustarte further what damages can be done to MKA as a professional body, namely,

1.) Please bare in mind - That was the AKU Show, which means there will be exhibitors from outside Malaysia to participate in this show and how these exhibitor look at the last min cancellation or postponement of the show? Will these exhibitors view MKA as a professional body in the future?

2.) Besides the exhibitors from overseas, how about the governing body - AKU and FCI. How is these international bodies judge MKA from profesinalism point of view?

3.) Will this be a laughing stock to others kennel clubs within the region? etc.

PSY, I am just voice out my dissatisfaction over the issue. And I strongly believe that the Committe or Board of Directors of MKA are able to take constructive critism to improve in their future. And I also belive that MKA - a professional body do allow its members to voice out their frustartion and dissatisfaction. Bare in mind, we do not live in a communist country!

Last but not least, PSY, I had never mentioned I had any intention or agree to whatsoever suggestions you put up, it was purely your opinion and imagination. If we are allow to voice out our critism or dissatisfaction over certain issue or decisions made by the government (just to referesh your memory, such as the keep dog regulations by the council), why we are not allow to do so with MKA? Especially my dissatisfaction do more good than harm to MKA. To clear your mind once more,

1.) I will not boycott any shows carryout by MKA because why should I?

2.) I had the rights to register or not to register my puppy with MKA. This is my rights.

3.) I did not or never mentioned about organising any dog shows or any event to compete with MKA because I do not see why should I do that! and

4.) Run the office - Well you never know. If I can manage a multimillion dollars organisation what make you think that I am not capable in running an organisation such as MKA. But I am not interested!

Last I strongly believe the board of Directors of MKA will always seek for improvement and always prepare to accept any form or type of criticism from its members because they are here to carryout their job more professionally and here to improve better and lending thier ears to fellow members.........

"We are no God, and we do make mistakes at times!"

Cheers & Beers,

KL

PS: I never seek for any supporters in this issue. But my point of view was supported cause they feel the same!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my