Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Brush Teeth

.Lab
Enthusiast

Aug 9, 2005, 2:03 AM

Post #1 of 6 (1498 views)
Shortcut
Brush Teeth Can't Post

Anyone brushes their dogs' teeth? I give her rawhide and her bottom jaw quite clean, slightly yellow but controlled. The top is ok but when I saw, I got a shock! 2 teeth extremely yellow. Scared might have to cabut. Just now I try to brush her teeth, she normally don't bite when I rub her teeth but she bite until got a bit of blood. Can vets brush your dog's teeth? She due for deworming+heartworm. Will try to bring her on Saturday.

.Lab Frown Frown

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hazel = A Terror in Disguise!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

michilly
Dog Kichi

Aug 10, 2005, 1:00 AM

Post #2 of 6 (1482 views)
Shortcut
Re: [.Lab] Brush Teeth [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there... my Lady's teeth are brushed like once a month (hehe... not by me!). Erm... the groomer I take her to does that. But it's part of a whole grooming package. Am not sure whether she does just brushing... but no harm asking.

But on the whole, Lady's teeth is pretty white... then again, she really chews her kibbles and I guess it keeps her teeth clean. Also, I don't usually give her much sticky stuff.

If you want the number let me know. Not sure abt the vet... haven't tried asking them to do it for me Wink

Mich.

Amanda85
Doggyman

Aug 10, 2005, 1:59 AM

Post #3 of 6 (1481 views)
Shortcut

i too bought before doggie toothbrush and toothpaste....

but its very difficult for me to brush her teeth...

she just refuse to open her mouth....n when i force open it... she move here n there....Crazy

haih.... so i had to try another option that is to give her a bone every weekend.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

Amanda85
Doggyman

Aug 10, 2005, 2:01 AM

Post #4 of 6 (1475 views)
Shortcut

do u usually bring ur dog to vet just for deworming??Shocked

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

supermutts
K9 Senior

Oct 11, 2005, 8:47 AM

Post #5 of 6 (1388 views)
Shortcut

actually owners should brush their dogs teeth everyday after food. but how many can devote the time n' patience to do so? it is not easy to brush a dog's teeth, u have to train them when they are young pups, until they can accept the brush in their mouth without giving too much of a struggle. If u can't manage to brush your dogs teeth, i don't think your vet will able to do so unless the dog is sedated. so it is best to train your dog to let you brush their teeth before dental problems starts. check this site for more info.

http://www.dentalvet.com/

No Buying! No Selling! No Breeding!

Don't Lost your dogs!!
Please make sure they are safe at home!

chrisong
Doggyman

Oct 11, 2005, 5:28 PM

Post #6 of 6 (1384 views)
Shortcut
Re: [supermutts] Brush Teeth [In reply to] Can't Post

Yup!!! You need to train them from young. Massage their gum and check their teeth when young so they are use to people touching their teeth. When it is time for brushing you don't have any problem.Wink

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my