Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
Needed some info for keeping pups in apartment

ed0gawa
Novice

Aug 3, 2005, 11:45 PM

Post #1 of 3 (791 views)
Shortcut
Needed some info for keeping pups in apartment Can't Post

I have read quite few of the thread around here.

I am thinking of getting a ShihTzu (RM600 w/o cert from a petshop 2mths olds).

I have decided to let it sleeps with me in my room (air-con is fine right?)

How bad does ciggarettes affect dogs?

Will puppies easily get car sick? IF i the get pup now,i'll travel to Genting for 5 days (2 weeks later) and then goes to JB -.-'. I personally thinks that it is not a good time to get it yet eh? (dun think Genting hotel welcomes my pup).

I have read a tips on training the pup for their pee and poo (which is let them pee on a newspaper and place the newspaper in the toilet so that they will know where to pee next time)Roughly, how long does it takes to train them. Is there any other methods?

mydragoon
Dog Kichi

Aug 4, 2005, 1:48 AM

Post #2 of 3 (783 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ed0gawa] Needed some info for keeping pups in apartment [In reply to] Can't Post

u training the doggie to smoke?! *kidding*

anyway, cigarrettes is bad for doggies... and human. :) i dun think there's any clinical trials conducted for doggies on 2nd hand smoke, but the effects would be the same as the ones for human.

if u leave alone or plan to travel with the puppy everywhere you go, i would think it might be a problem because most places will not allow pets.

janthk
Canine Addict

Aug 5, 2005, 4:25 AM

Post #3 of 3 (769 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ed0gawa] Needed some info for keeping pups in apartment [In reply to] Can't Post

If you live alone and you are thinking of getting a puppy, the you should plan it in such a way that you have at least 5 days to spend with the puppy before you leave him alone. Take this time to get to know your puppy and to train him. I also think that you should leave the apartment for short period of time like maybe 2 hours then come back. So that when you go to work or school, the puppy will know that you are not abandoning him.

I live in an apartment too and my doggy was toilet trained in a day. With some dogs it might take longer. It all depends actually. But there is a kind of spray found in most pet shops to help you toilet train your puppy. Spray it at the place where you want your puppy to poo poo and the scent will attract him to go there everytime he wants to poo poo. I dont know how well it works though cause I have never personally tried that.

Good luck in getting a dog.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my