Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
Introducing a new puppy to an adult dog

cocomo
Novice

Jul 30, 2005, 1:33 AM

Post #1 of 2 (637 views)
Shortcut
Introducing a new puppy to an adult dog Can't Post

I'm thinking of getting a puppy to keep my current dog company. But I'm afraid that both the canines couldn't get along well. What is the best way to introduce a new pup to an adult dog? To invoid injuries, I really need some guidance on this.

Thanks a lot.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dog Obedience Training

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jul 30, 2005, 8:30 PM

Post #2 of 2 (618 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cocomo] Introducing a new puppy to an adult dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmmm... I have read a book and it gave a tip. How about asking a friend to bring a dog around to your home, see how your dog gets along with other dogs, best if you have someone with a puppy. If your dog acts friendly and plays a lot, then it's good to get another puppy.

Is your dog a male? How old is it?
If less than 3 years old, best is you get a female dog is your dog is a male so you won't have dominance or aggression problems in the future. Remember, a spayed female is a great dog to have. I know coz I have one too.

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my