Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Litter box for your dog?

archer
K9 Senior

Apr 15, 2003, 12:22 AM

Post #1 of 7 (1034 views)
Shortcut
Litter box for your dog? Can't Post

This may sound a little weird, but has anyone trained their dogs to use a litter box? I would suppose that a litter box (if used) would probably only suit the toy breeds.

IMHO, I think that using a litter box would be better than paper training. Better in the sense that it may be more hygenic and would also be more convenient for the owners.

Read somewhere on the net that if te dog is litter box trained, it would be best to use litter made from compressed wood pellets. Anyone know where we could get those?
Cheers!

visit the pug thread...

adamchooi
Canine Addict

Apr 15, 2003, 4:12 AM

Post #2 of 7 (1021 views)
Shortcut
Re: [archer] Litter box for your dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Archer,

I've thought about the same idea before.I own a Shih Tzu and now he's already paper trained.I've decided not to use the litter box as cookie only pee on flat and solid surface.If u managed to train your dog to use the litter box,so share your method of training with us.Cool

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

archer
K9 Senior

Apr 15, 2003, 5:51 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1013 views)
Shortcut
Re: [adamchooi] Litter box for your dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there adam,

man I am still tryng to paper train yoda, he seems to have a mind of his own, a lil stubborn even Crazy

There's this site, www.doglitter.com. It's Purina's secondnature formulated for doggies.
Cheers!

visit the pug thread...

adamchooi
Canine Addict

Apr 15, 2003, 6:26 PM

Post #4 of 7 (1012 views)
Shortcut

Dear archer,

Maybe u can get a Jedi master to train him.TongueHave u checked out threads about paper training in this forum? It's very informative and should be able to help u.I've tried using those products that helps u train dogs,but i think it doesn't work. Sometimes, it takes as long as 2 weeks to train them.Cool

Happy Training! May the force be with u!

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

archer
K9 Senior

Apr 15, 2003, 6:32 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1010 views)
Shortcut

Hahahaha,

Yeh, I got thos letter training aids, dun work too. Ive checked out the threads on paper training too.

I Guess I'll use the force now ... Wink
Cheers!

visit the pug thread...

Trivor
K9 Servant

Apr 15, 2003, 7:33 PM

Post #6 of 7 (1003 views)
Shortcut

yup, same here. I spent 2-3 weeks to paper train Trivor. Its pretty difficult at 1st as both of you are new to each other. so, be patience :-)

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

timmy
Enthusiast

Apr 15, 2003, 7:39 PM

Post #7 of 7 (1003 views)
Shortcut

hi archer...i usedhousebreaking aid before, it didnt work for timmy, but he can trained in less tahn a wk time, on newspaper, even now i put a paper- absorbent mat for him, he still can pee/poo on it.

anyway there are still accidents happen sometimes- he loves to poo in front of my door or my mom room door- i have no idea y.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my