Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Fence

.Lab
Enthusiast

Jul 28, 2005, 10:03 PM

Post #1 of 15 (2488 views)
Shortcut
Fence Can't Post

Where to get a sturdy fence for Labrador mix? The black fence in pet shop my dad say too flimsy can fall over if she try to stand on it. He say maybe get kennel but not sure if contractor will do it. Suggestions?

.Lab Frown Frown

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hazel = A Terror in Disguise!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

robros
K9 Maniac

Jul 29, 2005, 8:02 PM

Post #2 of 15 (2454 views)
Shortcut
Re: [.Lab] Fence [In reply to] Can't Post

all depends on your budget and asthetics. Do you want a permanent fence or something you can dismantle easily. For the size of your dog, I would think that permanent fence is more logical.

You can get a contractor to fix a metal grille fence or a chainlink fence which will be cheaper of the two. The metal fence will be nicer looking as you can choose the design but more costly than the chainlink fence.

My sister had hers done as she has 2 hyperactive labradors. On the other hand, you can build a kennel as an alternative to the fence.

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Jul 29, 2005, 8:13 PM

Post #3 of 15 (2450 views)
Shortcut

Hi, very much depending on your budget and if you prefer permanent or removable solution.A kennel is not a real alternative to the problem since you can’t keep the dog all the time in the kennel; thus, still need to do something about the fencing.

.Lab
Enthusiast

Jul 30, 2005, 12:48 AM

Post #4 of 15 (2425 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JoeSmith, robros] Fence [In reply to] Can't Post

My dad is looking for a permanant fence and a kennel as that area has some sun in it. Am hoping to throw away her chain by the end of the year. Do all contractors do this?

.Lab Frown Frown

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Aug 1, 2005, 5:19 PM

Post #5 of 15 (2406 views)
Shortcut

I would guess that one would search for a shady place to be, especially when living in Malaysia. CoolAll contractors can build a fence. Your dad has to find the “right” one for you.

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Aug 5, 2005, 4:04 AM

Post #6 of 15 (2379 views)
Shortcut

My dogs fight... tried all methods but all failed and I don't want to let them tear at their throats coz very bloody.

Now they are seperated with a fence that we called those gate contrators to make for us. Also, we called a different contrator to build a dog kennel at another end. That was like 6 years ago hahah.... but it works.

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

Amanda85
Doggyman

Aug 5, 2005, 4:15 AM

Post #7 of 15 (2378 views)
Shortcut

i tried that black fence before. its will only works for small puppies.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

.Lab
Enthusiast

Aug 6, 2005, 4:15 AM

Post #8 of 15 (2364 views)
Shortcut
Re: Fence [In reply to] Can't Post

He say at the end of the year try to get. No money or something. But the chain too heavy for Haze and will cause her collar((getting too small. Birthday next month so getting her new collar)) 2 rub against her neck. She always irritated and scratch there.

.Lab Frown Frown

PSY
K9 Kaki

Aug 7, 2005, 10:17 PM

Post #9 of 15 (2338 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Not sure of the fence and thingy but it looks to me you are or wish to keep your dog at a particular place for a moment in time. Try this for now, get one of those retractable leash, use a good choke collar that do not cut (in short avoid those few dollars crap), tie the handle up about three feet off the ground and that is it. Your dog now has an area to run and when goes back to back to his favorite spot the leash will retract and will not cut the dog's neck plus will not tangle up it's legs.

Not sure the above will help before you get your kennel and fence.

.Lab
Enthusiast

Aug 9, 2005, 12:01 AM

Post #10 of 15 (2328 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSY] Fence [In reply to] Can't Post

Well.. there are a few problems with that:

1. A retractable leash is pricy, to my dad whose eyes could pop out at RM40+ for a leash..

2. She will chew it. Happened before.

3. The grass garden area is where the kennel will be. No shade and if she stay at the tile area, smelly. My dad isn't a good cleaning person. Her chain is around maybe 6-10 feet long. I think 10. And she thinks she has to 'clean up' and gobbles it down. Eww..

4. 3 feet? Ahh no place thats why. Its around 5 feet off the ground and I read thats bad Crazy

Hoping to get kennel and fence soon.

.Lab Frown Frown

PSY
K9 Kaki

Aug 9, 2005, 6:22 AM

Post #11 of 15 (2323 views)
Shortcut

Well, you do have problems. A lab is not the type of dog for you as they are smelly due to rthe dual coat they have and garden they do love to dig due to instinct oh the biting is because they are bored. For biting "Kwan Loong Fung Yau" is really good and works. Put the oil at the place you do not wish it to chew and then rub a "dab" on his nose, that should do it, As for digging there is away but it can be cruel to some people. Anyway, all the best.

WendyS
Enthusiast

Aug 10, 2005, 8:19 PM

Post #12 of 15 (2317 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Fence [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Hun,

My husband wants to build a kennel also, can send me a picture of your kennel & fence or not, for our reference, sum_yw@hotmail.com. Thanks.

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Aug 11, 2005, 6:09 AM

Post #13 of 15 (2308 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WendyS] Fence [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok, will try and get it soon.Actually, the fence is just a divider... but strong enough to hold the dogs in.

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.

WendyS
Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2005, 8:33 PM

Post #14 of 15 (2304 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Fence [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks so much....my email is if you don't want to post the picture here....

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Aug 11, 2005, 9:09 PM

Post #15 of 15 (2299 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WendyS] Fence [In reply to] Can't Post

No problem Wendy, will get it soon for you once I get back my digicam. Anyway, it's easy and simple for any gate contrators to make. The dog kennel/pen might need a proper contractor to do lah.

(This post was edited by crazymouse_yyh on Aug 11, 2005, 9:28 PM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my