IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Show and Championship:
Results of USDAA

milooh

Apr 14, 2003, 6:22 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1308 views)
Shortcut
Results of USDAA Can't Post

Ok, if anyone is interested, Milo did only two relays on April 12. He took first place in the first relay and second in the second relay. Today, he took first place in the Titling Class which is similar to a standard class in AKC and Regular in NADAC. This is the only run that matters which he got a Qualifying ribbon too. He took first place in Snooker and fifth place in Jumpers (knocked a bar) but had the fastest time. Sufi took first place although his time was .3 seconds behind Milo's. Milo's Jumpers time was 16.39 and Sufi's was 16.69. We had so much fun and we are going to Roy for an AKC trial next saturday and sunday. Hope your weekend was as good as mine.

Milooh
Rossie
www.jef-b.com/Dogs

arthur
ALPHA

Apr 14, 2003, 10:04 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1300 views)
Shortcut
Re: [milooh] Results of USDAA [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Milooh!

Ni Hoa! = (How are you in Mandarin)

CONGRATS to you, Jeff and Milo for a splendid performance at the recent trails Sly! Looks like you guys are pretty hot! For those of us here who are agility fans, it'll be great if you can explain briefly the terms used over there in the states. I can figure out the jumpers - all jump hurdles only right? But snooker? Crazy

Also, seems like there are several bodies that run agility trails..I picked up the AKC, NADAC and USDAA. It'll be great if you can explain briefly how these 3 organisations run their agility trails. What would be the ultimate title in the agility world?

BTW, Jeff gives very good advice on dog training. My schnauzers now can do a right turn no problem. Working on their left turns now. Smile

Rdgs Arthur

milooh

Apr 15, 2003, 1:47 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1293 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] Results of USDAA [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Arthur, thanks for the replies. Wo hen hao, ni neh? Its great that you read Jef's posts on the lab board. So does your MS do a right on the verbal command or hand signal still? I didnt even realize that anyone else read the posts except for Bobby's owner.

You posed great questions. I must admit that it would require a lot of reading, assimilating, comparing the rules, regulations and policies of each organization to briefly describe how these 3 organizations run their trials. So I let the clubs speak for themselves. Not that I dont want to answer your question though. So here are the links. www.usdaa.com/; www.akc.org/dic/events/agility/Agility_Brochure.pdf; http://www.nadac.com/...andbook_April-03.htm.

Maybe you can ask me more specific questions after looking up the websites. We learn as we go along. What we are more concerned about is having FUN with your dog. There are lots of people who dont know the rules of every club and often a single innocent mistake would disqualify them. Like one time, Jef had milo's collar in his pocket, milo had an excellent run but he was disqualified. You can't have treats, keys or toys too. Now I dont remember which club actually say that but really, its better not to have anything in your pockets.

As to the ultimate agility title, it really depends on what really matters to you as a handler. Some people stay in Novice forever and never move up their dogs for personal or health reasons. It also depends on what kind of dog you have. You have to understand the rules regarding participation and registration of dogs of each organization. A pure bred dog with no AKC regsitration papers are required to have a ILP number, which allows unregistered dogs of registerable breeds to compete in AKC Performance and Companion Events. But you can apply for ILP number even if your dog is not pure bred but looks close enough to a registrable breed and have been spayed or neutered.

As for Snooker, its quite hard to understand even for me and I dont really know what course Jef has in mind until he does it. Refer to the USDAA under Performance Standards to get an idea. And if your dog deviates from your decided course, you have to choose another one spontaneously without getting disqualified. The Judge blows the whistle if you are. Milo placed first in Snooker last year and this year so that's all I need to know. The key word is FUN.

I know its hard to answer all your questions even for someone like me who lives here and actually watching the trials live. Like I have been saying all this time, if you have DSL or equivalent, or cable modem, please feel free to click the video archives and watch the trials. Hope to hear from you soon.

milooh
Rossie
www.jef-b.com/Dogs

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my