Tricks!!!!!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Aug 5, 2005, 7:27 PM

Post #26 of 46 (1411 views)
Shortcut
Re: [janthk] Tricks!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink Yup, dey r more likely 2 b distracted by d other dogs so guess u’ll hv 2 practice ur tricks in between training classes, ven other dogs r present.

Feeling groovy? ... den take a peek at 'GroovyDogsJustWannaHvFun'

janthk
Canine Addict

Aug 8, 2005, 8:42 PM

Post #27 of 46 (1386 views)
Shortcut
Re: [groovemaster] Tricks!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Congratulations on winning the trick competition during the Dogathon. Groovy performed really well. You had his undivided attention the whole time. I especially like the trick where he was standing on your back. That was an awesome trick. Wink

I am so glad I chicken out at the last minuteBlushBlush If I had entered Scruffy he would probably run off and end up with me chasing him. That would have made a funny trickTongueTongue

Need to train Scruffy some more and hopefully next year can join loh.

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Aug 9, 2005, 1:12 AM

Post #28 of 46 (1380 views)
Shortcut

Ha ha Wink thanks 4 d support. No big deal lah, doesnt take much 4 him to climb all over my back…I’m sure all dogs r dying 2 do d same 2 deir owners.

Scruffy’s really eager n playful so with some consistent training, d tricks will come naturally n he’ll den b ready 4 some nifty competition moves.

janthk
Canine Addict

Aug 9, 2005, 2:46 AM

Post #29 of 46 (1364 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for the encouragement. I really enjoy training Scruffy and he is a fast learner. I just need to train him with other dogs around more often and also to maintain his attention. Hopefully as he gets older, he will be able to pay more attention and get less distracted. TongueTongue

Yvonne999

Sep 12, 2005, 10:22 PM

Post #30 of 46 (1300 views)
Shortcut

http://www.koreus.com/...ien-bien-dresse.html

Teach groovy n scruffy this... SlySly

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Sep 13, 2005, 12:34 AM

Post #31 of 46 (1293 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yvonne999] Tricks!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ha ha, hv seen dat ‘Skidboot’ trick on Pet Star, Animal Plant. Cool n excellent trick n recommended 4 very patient dogs. Groovy’s got no patience…Tongue

Yvonne999

Sep 13, 2005, 12:50 AM

Post #32 of 46 (1289 views)
Shortcut

Teach him to cycle... www.koreus.com/media/chien-velo.html

+ All this tricks... http://www.k9events.com/new_videos/ssd_hifi.wmv (3MB)

(This post was edited by Yvonne999 on Sep 13, 2005, 1:43 AM)

janthk
Canine Addict

Sep 14, 2005, 7:10 PM

Post #33 of 46 (1265 views)
Shortcut

Hi Yvonne,

Thanks! Those are some really cool tricks.

Looks like Scruffy still has a long way to go in so far as learning the tricks are concern. I will try my best to teach him and maybe have him perform for you some day ya.

At this point, some of the tricks he knows are Twirl, Weave, Through, Hi-Five and Low Five, Shake hands, Roll Over, Take A Bow, Bang (Play Dead), Around (He walks around me lah), Hoop (Jumps through Hula Hoop), Kiss, Beg, Hug, Dingo (Some weird dance move with him jumping up and wriggling his body then sits down). I am in the process of teaching him Back Up, Crawl and Shy (With his paws touching his face). However, I am having some problems teaching this. Some books says to squirt water at doggy face and they will touch with paw but it doesn't work on Scruffy as he loves water and just starts to play. Does anyone has any idea how to get the doggy to touch paws to face? Would much appreciate any advice.

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Sep 14, 2005, 9:23 PM

Post #34 of 46 (1258 views)
Shortcut

ShockedShocked Cycling trick, is dis 4 real or is it a camera trick! Thanks 4 d links, really enjoyed d JRTs in d clips/ ads…cool.

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Sep 14, 2005, 9:25 PM

Post #35 of 46 (1257 views)
Shortcut

Hi Janice, Scruffy’s building up on his repertoire, great stuff! Must show us d next time especially d Dingo move. D ‘Shy’ trick – can try 2 touch his eye or nearby area with ur hand/ object n he’ll naturally reach 2 paw it. Tricky n needs lotsa practice, dis 1. Smile

janthk
Canine Addict

Sep 15, 2005, 12:14 AM

Post #36 of 46 (1251 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for the tip. Will try with Scruffy later to see if it works. It is so funny when I try to teach him this particular trick. He keeps chasing the water instead of pawing his face. I always end up laughing till I cant continue teaching.Laugh I think will try to tickle his face with feather to see if it works.

He is learning fast but still not as good as Groovy lah. Still cant get his attention for long. Cant wait to join you guys with Agility though. As it is, he jumps around the house all the time. And when I am lying on the floor, the cheeky rascal will jump over me. Hey! Come to think of it, that can be groomed into another trick huh? If only I have another doggy to lie still while he jumps over the dog. TongueTongue

Yvonne999

Sep 15, 2005, 1:07 AM

Post #37 of 46 (1241 views)
Shortcut

Are you gals going for moonwalk??
If yes, show me then on Saturday...

I will show you what my Happy cannot do.. Frown

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Sep 15, 2005, 1:34 AM

Post #38 of 46 (1240 views)
Shortcut

Smile Ha ha, can just imagine him going 4 d spray instead. Feather is a good idea. Jumping over d owner is a great trick, better use it 2 good effect. If u can combine with some frisbee catching moves, u’ve got it made! Check out dis site 4 some really cool freestyle frisbee n jumping moves, events.purina.com/dogs/events/index.aspx?medialist_11

If he does it naturally (jumping over u), take advantage of it…most tricks r best taught by incorporating deir natural behavior or movements. Hence, u always c JRTs running n jumping in circles round deir owners under d pretext of performing tricks.

Groovy tried jumping over a row of dogs b4. Cleared 3-4 dogs but attempted 1 too many n pijak on a GSD at d other end…naturally d GSD wasnt happy Blush . U’ll need extremely calm n stable volunteers 4 dis.

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Sep 15, 2005, 1:37 AM

Post #39 of 46 (1239 views)
Shortcut

Will b there, c u den. Wat type of dog is Happy? I'm sure she has some hidden talent 2 share. Wink

Yvonne999

Sep 15, 2005, 1:41 AM

Post #40 of 46 (1234 views)
Shortcut

American Cocker Spaniel..

janthk
Canine Addict

Sep 15, 2005, 9:05 PM

Post #41 of 46 (1221 views)
Shortcut

Good news! I tried the shy trick with a feather last night with Scruffy and it worked! He finally brought his little paw to his face to swipe. Now just need to keep doing it till he gets it.

Wow! I was so impressed with the video clips. I dont think Scruffy can ever be that good. First of all dont have the compound to train him. Can only do simple tricks where an apartment space will suffice. I noticed Groovy performed the standing on owner back trick like in the video. How did you get him to jump on your back?

Another question. I am trying to teach Scruffy crawl. But he does not get it. I ask him to down then lure with treat to get him to crawl but he keeps standing up. How do you get him to crawl? Any idea?

As far as frisbee is concern, he refuse to catch it. He just sits there and stare at me when I throw the frisbee. Is there a particular type of frisbee to use? How do you get the dog interested in the frisbee?

As for jumping around, he is really good at that. He jumps like he has springs on his paws. He is good with the hula hoop and jumping over obsticles. Haven't tried with other dogs yet. The next time we meet up maybe can try getting Scruffy to stay down and Groovy to jump over him.

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2005, 9:02 PM

Post #42 of 46 (1192 views)
Shortcut

Jump on back - easier if u hv some1 2 assist as u’ll need some1 2 show Scruffy d move, whilst u r kneeling down ie. 2 direct him towards ur back n hop onto ur back. In d beginning, may need 2 assist by lifting him up on2 ur back as well. Make sure u r as close 2 d ground as possible n remain very steady ven straightening ur legs. Need some space 4 dis, so better 2 try in d park. Best 2 wear thicker cotton tops 4 grip, also make sure his nails r trimmed.Wink

Ven he’s accustomed 2 d move, ur kneeling down with back towards him will b d cue 4 d trick. Preferable 2 add a hand signal/ command as well.

Crawl - hvnt attempted dis move b4 but can use a low coffee table or cushion held bout 1 feet from floor. Get him 2 down on 1 side n den tempt him 2 move/ crawl 2 d other side with treat/toy. He will need 2 crouch down 2 get thru. After awhile, can try d crawl proper.

Frisbee - u r rite, need 2 get him really interested in d disc 1st Shocked. C thread www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=204930

janthk
Canine Addict

Sep 24, 2005, 3:35 AM

Post #43 of 46 (1178 views)
Shortcut

OK. Sounds easy enough since Scruffy is so jumpy. But I need a second person to help lure Scruffy. Any volunteers?

Yvonne & Misterstan, huh what is that? Oh you wanna volunteer to be help me train Scruffy izzit? OK. Accepted. Let's try tomorrow. TongueTongue Anyways, I think you guys should do it too cause you are the only 2 priveledge people to have seen Scruffy perform his tricks. LaughLaugh

And you know what happenned to his frisbee? It is now has like a million teeth marks on it cause he decided that he likes it better as his chew toy. So now have to buy new one loh. Any particular brand or kind that you can recommend?

Amanda85
Doggyman

Sep 24, 2005, 4:20 AM

Post #44 of 46 (1177 views)
Shortcut

i bought those veli cheap punya frisbee from petaling street shop....cost me RM1.50 onli....so if damaged also never mind.....

but my previous dog kinki seldom catch it in the air.....usually she will wait till it get down 1st...seems like she afraid that it will hit her head....Crazy

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Sep 26, 2005, 10:38 PM

Post #45 of 46 (1155 views)
Shortcut

Crazy Yah groovy used 2 do d same 2 his frisbees ie. chew toy. So hd 2 sacrifice a few 2 get him interested. Nowadays, not so keen on frisbees n will gv up after 1 or 2 catches…prefers d ball instead.

Like Amanda said mayb buy a few cheap plastic discs as reserve. Can also try d foam 1s (similar to padded cloth) or d light nylon (with heavier outer ring). Hv seen d foam 1s but not d nylon 1s in Msia. Dese r not so easily chewable.

If u r looking 4 a really durable disc, can try Nylabone but expensive n dun float very well.

shyeow2
Canine Addict

Nov 19, 2005, 7:48 PM

Post #46 of 46 (1105 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Good news! I tried the shy trick with a feather last night with Scruffy and it worked! He finally brought his little paw to his face to swipe. Now just need to keep doing it till he gets it.

or u can tape a paper on their forehead... easiest way i found just blow air directly into their eyes.. Wink
Frown Frown Visit My Blogs!! http://peonythestormrider.blogspot.com/
http://jojothemalaysianmongrel.blogspot.comFrownFrown

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my