Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
Can i have a JRT in an apartment?

lkryan
Novice

Jul 15, 2005, 12:21 AM

Post #1 of 6 (946 views)
Shortcut
Can i have a JRT in an apartment? Can't Post

Hi. I'm planning to get a Jack Russell Terrier, but i was wondering if i can have it in an apartment or in-house most of the day. I can only come back in the evening to bring him out for walks or jogs. Also, what are the things that i should take note to choose a good JRT? what is the standard price and where is the best place to buy one? i dont want to get cheated.

I'm currently staying in KL, in a house. But may move back to Penang next year and most probably staying in an apartment if you're wondering why i ask about both venues.

MisterStan
Doggyman

Jul 15, 2005, 12:41 AM

Post #2 of 6 (943 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lkryan] Can i have a JRT in an apartment? [In reply to] Can't Post

hello IKRYAN

JRT are active breeds and are playful.. if you can spend most of your time with JRT and are able to handle JRT's activeness and playfulness, then you can get one... just some advice.. hehee...

lkryan
Novice

Jul 19, 2005, 8:52 PM

Post #3 of 6 (904 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] Can i have a JRT in an apartment? [In reply to] Can't Post

I can spend time playing and going out with the dog after work. the only concern is that i'm not around during the day.

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Jul 19, 2005, 10:27 PM

Post #4 of 6 (902 views)
Shortcut

Not impossible, but will b difficult n truly demanding if u dun hv d time 2 gv ur JRT enof exercise n play. C thread ‘Can JRT b trained 2 live in a condo?’ under ‘Terrier Group’ column 4 some insights in apartmt living with a JRT.Wink

As 4 any puppy, shld look 4 playfulness, alertness, responsiveness, agility n movement. Markings (brown, black or tan) shld preferably b confined 2 d head n base of tail ie. predominantly white. Head n body build should b in proportion to give an impression of a small, hardy and tenacious hunting dog. Comes in long legged n short legged varieties, n 3 diff coats – smooth, rough n wiry. Shld cost around RM1200 to RM1800. Think ppy.com sometimes has a recommended breeder list 4 JRTs.

Feeling groovy? ... den take a peek at 'GroovyDogsJustWannaHvFun'

lkryan
Novice

Jul 20, 2005, 5:44 PM

Post #5 of 6 (889 views)
Shortcut
Re: [groovemaster] Can i have a JRT in an apartment? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks you, guys!

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Jul 21, 2005, 7:47 AM

Post #6 of 6 (871 views)
Shortcut

Just a couple of other things 2 look 4 in a JRT. Ears shld preferably b floppy ie. folded down with d tips around d corner of d eyes. Tail shld ideally b cropped but sufficiently long enof 2 allow a good grip by d owner 2 pull d JRT out from foxholes during hunts. Dey shld also look alert, full of vigor n play. But dese mayb difficult 2 c n judge ven dey r still pups.

Happy hunting 4 ur perfect rascal

Feeling groovy? ... den take a peek at 'GroovyDogsJustWannaHvFun'

(This post was edited by groovemaster on Jul 21, 2005, 7:49 AM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my