Post #1 of 7 (2999 views)
Shortcut
Breed/Specialty/Championship Show@P.J.Selangor Can't Post

(1) Boxer Championship Show Padang Merbok,Jln Gasing,P.J. 17th-Nov. 5.30PM
(2) GSD Specialty Show [Venue/Date/Time Same as above]
(3) Rottweiler Specialty Show[Venue/Date/Time Same as above]

Admission free.

(1) GSD Breed Show [Padang Merbok/Dec-8th/5.30PM]

188th&9thAll Breed Championship Dog Show[Pisa Complex Penang] [December-30th 9.00AM-4.30PM.]

Anonymous
Anonymous

Nov 20, 2001, 8:25 AM

Post #2 of 7 (2989 views)
Shortcut
Re: Breed/Specialty/Championship Show@P.J.Selangor [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Derrick,

I was at the GSD Specialty Show at Padang Merbak and saw that this show is quite different from other normal dog competition. While competing, I can see that the owner has to run with their GSD and what are special merits the judge is looking at when deciding on the winner ?

Derrickok
Novice

Nov 20, 2001, 8:07 PM

Post #3 of 7 (2984 views)
Shortcut

Hello Jenn
I am so glad to hear that U've taken an interest in some dog shows. Basically, there are three to four differences between an All Breed Championship Dog show and a speciality show. They are as follows:-
1) I am sure U've noticed the ring has 2 lanes an inner and outer. The handler/exhibitor runs the dog in the inner and another person is also running slightly in front of the dog calling and attracting the attention of the animal. This is called 'double handling' which is NOT permitted in an ABC show[All Breed Championship Show].
2} Before each dog is allowed to participate, the animal has to be scrutinised by the show officials to make sure that the animal has no missing teeth. If I am not mistaken,42 teeths the animal must have.
3) U must have noticed that the judge when inspecting each animal, he physically measured the animal with a gadget to make sure that the height of the animal conforms with the standard.
In all dog shows, the judge will look for a 'perfect dog' but you know and I know there is no such an animal. So he will look for one that is nearest to a perfect dog, which if it is translated, (a) It must conform to the breed standard in size, colour,temperament, general appearance. (b) Soundness in movements from the front section and also at the hindquarters.A GSD being a working dog must be sound in movements. Any flaws in gaiting you could kiss your chance of winning bye bye.(c) I have come across advertisements in the newspaper selling puppies with such captions-"GSD puppies from imported parents MKA registered with birth certs;big head, big bones and big size" To me this is utter rubbish. As you know the GSD is a double coated dog, that is to say it has an undercoat which is soft and woolly and a outter coat which is long and straight. The judge would not know if the dog is under weight or over weight. The only way to find out is to run his hand over the rib cage, to determine who well condition is the animal. Same applies for the shoulder muscles.
Are all these infos useful to you or not?
Bye Bye.

Gin
Novice

Nov 22, 2001, 5:47 PM

Post #4 of 7 (2977 views)
Shortcut

Thanks Derrick. With the understanding of the Speciality Show from your posting above, I will definitely be able to enjoy those show more in the future. Thanks again for your time in posting a reply to my post. :-) Jenn was my the other name

Derrickok
Novice

Nov 22, 2001, 8:41 PM

Post #5 of 7 (2968 views)
Shortcut

Any time any thing, so long I can help you in whatever way I could.
So I see U are also enjoying the best of 2 worlds. Gin is you and Jenn is also you. May I ask Gin=Ginger & Jenn=Jennifer?
Right or wrong?
There will be one hell of a BIG & MAJOR show on March 17th next year at The Mines Resort. It is of International Standard.
Will keep you inform if you are interested, may be will bring you along to handle my dogs on that day.
Regards.
Derrickok.

jason
Enthusiast

Nov 23, 2001, 10:13 AM

Post #6 of 7 (2964 views)
Shortcut

eh ... please keep me informed too about the International exhibition. I'm looking forward to it also. May be I can meet you there and see how you look like ... hehe ... joking!!

Derrickok
Novice

Nov 23, 2001, 10:42 AM

Post #7 of 7 (2963 views)
Shortcut

I'll give you a brief description NOW.
GRUMPISH [censored] LOOKING OLD-MAN!!!!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my