Hi Everyone! - from Lady & me

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

michilly
Dog Kichi

Jul 11, 2005, 5:16 PM

Post #1 of 44 (1088 views)
Shortcut
Hi Everyone! - from Lady & me Can't Post

Hi everyone! Just wished to drop a little introductory note.

I've a 7-month old ACS (Little Lady)... cute as a button and naughty as an ACS can be Tongue.

Used to have a beagle, Buddy (see picture - haven't uploaded my Lady's pix yet), but he was puppynapped by my mom who volunteered to look after him for a while which has extended to forever now! Haha... but since he makes her so happy, I've agreed to let her have him!

Great stuff, this forum... been learning lots from all the topics posted!

Mich.

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jul 11, 2005, 6:11 PM

Post #2 of 44 (1080 views)
Shortcut
Re: [michilly] Hi Everyone! - from Lady & me [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi welcome you and your doggie to the the forum.

Hope you can share your experience with all the members as well. Wink

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

michilly
Dog Kichi

Jul 11, 2005, 6:26 PM

Post #3 of 44 (1074 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] Hi Everyone! - from Lady & me [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks!

Will try to share... but mainly my trial and error thingie... no expert knowledge! Wink

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jul 11, 2005, 10:24 PM

Post #4 of 44 (1063 views)
Shortcut

I am sure most of here are not really expert but just learn from our experience with the dogs. Sly

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

michilly
Dog Kichi

Jul 11, 2005, 10:53 PM

Post #5 of 44 (1056 views)
Shortcut

Hehe... true true.

Just wondering since your silky also kinda long-haired - do you ever take her out for walks? My little lady usually plays and runs about at home but occasionally I take her out to the park but I tend to freak out after the walk i.e. immediately showering her etc... hehe, scared kena ticks, fleas, etc... Laugh

I saw those cute little booties at the petshops. Wonder whether it'll help reduce risk of ticks climbing onto her little feet. I usually try to keep her off grass... hehe, but she seems attracted to those areas. Luckily she is quite kwai and listens to me most of the time.

MisterStan
Doggyman

Jul 12, 2005, 12:41 AM

Post #6 of 44 (1051 views)
Shortcut

hello hello

welcome to the forum.. i also got a beagle, 1 year plus.. hehehe..

beagle are simply cute..

michilly
Dog Kichi

Jul 12, 2005, 12:55 AM

Post #7 of 44 (1049 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] Hi Everyone! - from Lady & me [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you thank you... yes, beagles are super cute. But mine is no longer with me... with my mom now, I asked her to puppysit for me for a while and after that she doesn't wanna return 'cos he's just so cute! Now I get to visit him about once a week... Crazy

He's very intelligent but extremely stubborn la! When we catch him doing something naugthy, the "guilty" look he gives us is so adorable... very susah to stay upset with him.

Your beagle looks so lovely... and fit. My mom has overfed Buddy... now he is very cham... haha, have to be on diet Laugh!

michilly
Dog Kichi

Jul 12, 2005, 1:01 AM

Post #8 of 44 (1047 views)
Shortcut

Was wondering whether you can help me out? Been trying to update my profile... cos no longer have the beagle but each time I make the changes to the breed and save, when I check again, it goes back to the original input. Weird, huh...? Crazy

MisterStan
Doggyman

Jul 12, 2005, 3:54 PM

Post #9 of 44 (1024 views)
Shortcut

my beagle also da same.. caught him in action, and he will give the sad look..haiz... simply irresistable.. ahaha..

overfed? ahaha.. later ya beagle lazy to walk and run bcs too fat. hehe..

about your problem.. i also have the problem.. try to modify my profile and saved, but nothing change.. been complain to admin few times, but seem no action is taken.. haiz, leave it lah.. me faddup already..

(This post was edited by MisterStan on Jul 12, 2005, 3:55 PM)

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jul 12, 2005, 4:16 PM

Post #10 of 44 (1018 views)
Shortcut

Yes I take her for walk in the park, around my housing area or sometimes for a holiday. Don't be so scared. As long as your dog is clean should be ok. Sometimes no matter how clean your dog are still will tick or flea when the season comes. Don't shower your dog too much will reduce the antibodi.

You can use frontline for the dog is quite good and it will last 1 month.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

michilly
Dog Kichi

Jul 12, 2005, 4:35 PM

Post #11 of 44 (1009 views)
Shortcut

Haha... you know when he was really fat about erm... 3 months back (now slimmer already), he can even take breaks during walks and just lie flat on the ground! Very pai seh la... other walkers will just walk pass staring at me trying to talk to him and get him moving.

... even tried to carry him home... but to heavy to even lift up! Unsure Lucky now much slimmer... no more tummy!

Thanks for the info on the profile thingie... was going to give up anyway Wink.

michilly
Dog Kichi

Jul 12, 2005, 4:40 PM

Post #12 of 44 (1008 views)
Shortcut

Not to worry... I shower her only once a week... that's why she seldom leave the house Wink hehe... only get to go walk walk just before shower time.

Yeah... I'm a little paranoid cos she sleeps with me... and sometimes climbs and sleep on my head Unsure! Very eekky la if she has ticks!

Currently, I give her a body a complete feel test every day to feel for ticks! Her fur is so thick that I can't even see her skin... so can only feel for ticks!

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jul 12, 2005, 11:20 PM

Post #13 of 44 (1003 views)
Shortcut

I also shower my god once a week. My dog also sleep in my room. Keeping ticks away is good but is good for your dog to have regular walk. Just keep a good look. If your dog scratches a lot most likely there will be ticks.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

michilly
Dog Kichi

Jul 12, 2005, 11:36 PM

Post #14 of 44 (1000 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for the advice... I do like taking her out and will probably do it more often Wink

She used to scratch quite a bit and of course I thought it was ticks... but just that her skin seemed a little dry and with a bit of dandruff... then I put her on salmon omega oil... now she doesn't scratch herself much anymore! Yeah...

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 13, 2005, 6:57 AM

Post #15 of 44 (985 views)
Shortcut

michilly

welcome to this forum, nice to meet u. sometimes itchiness might due to the ingredients of dog food u give. Smile

Yang

Regards,

Yang

michilly
Dog Kichi

Jul 13, 2005, 3:48 PM

Post #16 of 44 (974 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] Hi Everyone! - from Lady & me [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Yang!

Thanks... I agree, so I actually switched the brand of kibbbles I feed my baby last month... overall it's better. Just that her poo is softer now. Sigh... harder to clean Tongue!

MisterStan
Doggyman

Jul 13, 2005, 4:31 PM

Post #17 of 44 (972 views)
Shortcut

my beagle also same.. when i feed him kibbles last time, he didn't have much stamina to run.. but since i change his food, he got better stamina to run.... and fit too.. last time he run a bit, and breathing heavily already..

hehehe..

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jul 13, 2005, 4:57 PM

Post #18 of 44 (967 views)
Shortcut

No problem. There will be a dogathon event next month in UPM you can bring your dog along for the fun.

Good solution giving salmon omega oil for the dandruff. Thanks for sharing this info I didn't know that. You really a big dog lover.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

michilly
Dog Kichi

Jul 13, 2005, 5:37 PM

Post #19 of 44 (962 views)
Shortcut

When in August? Cos 2 weeks in August I'll be in Indonesia Unsure. Hopefully I'll be around then!

Er... one word of warning... if you feed salmon omega oil and if your little babies like to lick people and stuff... your whole house will smell like fish!!! Like mine! Tongue Haha... my husband used to complain everytime I feed Lady salmon omega... he says our house has this "seang" smell, like fish market!

michilly
Dog Kichi

Jul 13, 2005, 5:47 PM

Post #20 of 44 (961 views)
Shortcut

Hhmm... what do you feed your beagle now?

My mom feeds Buddy (the beagle) er... kibbles during the day and night time he gets steamed chicken and some liver and some greens. He very ho meah one... get kampung chicken and all... better than me Frown! When he was with me last year... I tried raw food after reading that it's pretty good but very yucky la... cos he likes to take the bones out of his bowl and sit and chew. So the whole floor very bloody! Crazy so I stopped that after a week!

My Lady (the ACS), who is with me, gets kibbles but I give her eggs, fresh veg and fruits for snacks. Also, vitamins and supplements. She's not very fussy... so can even use green veg on it's own and she'll eat them like the yummiest thing on earth! Haha... lucky me Laugh

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jul 13, 2005, 6:08 PM

Post #21 of 44 (958 views)
Shortcut

If I a remember correctly is the first week of August.

I actually feed my dog with primrose oil. Is quite good to keep the coat beautiful. So your husband still don't mind then its ok.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

michilly
Dog Kichi

Jul 13, 2005, 6:20 PM

Post #22 of 44 (954 views)
Shortcut

My husband ar? Hahaha... he tries to act strict with my little baby... but a softy inside, so, definitely won't mind Laugh. Sometimes he marah marah her... she will follow him around then (from a safe distance) and then he cannot tahan... will call her and she bounce bounce over and all is forgiven. She's very good at twisting us around her little paw! hehe...Tongue

First week ar? I leave on the first week's weekend... I'll check the details (from where can I check ar?)... hopefully can make it la. BTW, what happens at a dogathon?

Was wondering whether you've tried out the ob. training org. by puppy.com? Was thinking of enrolling. Any good?

MisterStan
Doggyman

Jul 13, 2005, 10:20 PM

Post #23 of 44 (948 views)
Shortcut

my beagle very special one.. there is something he has that most beagle don't have, that is a whole bunch of saliva.. ahahaha.. and long floppy ears.. about what i feed him now.. at first i feed him nutro, then pro plan, and then eukanuba, and then rice mix with can food..

those kibbles make my beagle smelly, and the saliva is very thick like toothpaste.. so now i am feeding him rice mix with can food. and i think is the best for him and for me..

wah, your beagle get kampung chicken ? so nice..i heard that liver or any by-products is not good for furkids.. i also got give fruits and once in a while cheese.... they both love papaya and cheese.. hehe.. and even bread... ahahaha.. wonder what would they love in the future.. hehee..

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jul 14, 2005, 4:46 PM

Post #24 of 44 (938 views)
Shortcut

Wow. Your doggies is such an adorable dog. Lovely dog is sure to be love by all people. My dog when got scolding faster run and hide. Later faster come and jump my leg or jump to my lap if I am sitting.

Maybe you can try the UPM website. At dogathon is an event for dog and owner to run a marathon. Later of the day will have some games, beauty contest for dogs and also free vet consultation.

I haven't been to the training for this one. I been to a training organize by MKA 2 years back. I will say quite useful for beginner. Anyway my dog completed the course. But it seems that after the training my dog is still the same. Good as always. I think if your dog is a good temperament dog training doesn't really need to done in class. Just tell them what to do will be good enough.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

michilly
Dog Kichi

Jul 14, 2005, 6:52 PM

Post #25 of 44 (929 views)
Shortcut

Yeah... your beagle's pix have pretty long ears. So cute !!!!

Buddy's ears got shorter as he grew... hehehe... the ears didn't grow along! But you know, Buddy used to be very stinky too... then my mom gave him some biscuit for doggies called biscal (I think... can't really remember) and he stopped stinking so badly. I don't dare feed my Lady that cos I can't help but wonder what types of things they put in to make the dog stop smeliing bad!! On the other hand my mom has a spitz and she been feeding him that biscuit for years and years without problem Crazy.

Cheese? Hhmm... haven't tried that with my baby before. Will give it a shot. I used to feed my ACS wholemeal bread but then I noticed she got a bit itchy after a few weeks so I cut the bread out of her diet. I think she's allergic to certain types of grains. But Buddy didn't have that problem cos my mom feeds him bread occasionally and he seems OK. I guess it depends of the doggy.

Mich.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my