SIGH

einochan
Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2005, 7:10 AM

Post #1 of 17 (1799 views)
Shortcut
SIGH Can't Post

Hi everyone,

I went to PAWS today with my aunt. Helped out during feeding time for the puppies, prepared food, fed them the food and water. sigh, i still get upset whenever i get there Frown they look so skinny!

there was this hit-and-run case and this lady found this doggie a week ago and i think she took the dog to the vet. it had a broken backbone so the hind quarters can't be used anymore. there was nothing the vet could do for the doggie so she brought him to PAWS, crying. i felt so sorry for the dog, as it was a good-mannered and friendly fella. i played with him for a while and i nearly cried as he was so gentle. PLEASE, if anyone would want to help him, go to PAWS and see Edward, or they'll euthanize it soon Frown sobs, wish i could take him home. i nicknamed him Fighter. sigh, i've attached his photo here.

Laugh My dogs own me - Hunter, Sandie, Duchess and Boy. Sadly missed - Toffee (13/3/00 - 24/4/05)
Sadly missed - Duchess Nov '98 - 1 Nov '06
Attachments: Fighter.JPG (64.7 KB)

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Jul 10, 2005, 12:25 PM

Post #2 of 17 (1780 views)
Shortcut
Re: [einochan] SIGH [In reply to] Can't Post

Einochan, it may seem terrible but this dog is better off being put to sleep. It may seem a heartless course of action but is more humane and compassionate than letting it suffer a life of helplessness and pain.

This dog is suffering physical pain from its shattered spine - semi-paralysed. At the most basic level, this dog will not be able to pee or poo properly because it has no control of it's lower limbs. The health implications go on considerably further.

Killing this dog may seem horrible but so is love without compassion.

This dog has already suffered for over a week. The woman who found him and took him to the vet did not have the compassion to do the hardest thing of all - let him be euthanised. She is obviously aware that the dog is beyond veterinary help but would not be "responsible" for putting the dog to sleep. Instead, she took the dog to PAWS for them to do the "dirty" work she had no courage to ask the vet to do. She has been cruel because she has not been compassionate.

If you really want to do your bit for this dog, be there for him when the vet puts him to sleep and help to bury him. Then go home and do your best to make sure your dogs never run out to meet the same fate as this unfortunate dog. And drive carefully so that you will never be the cause of this type of pain to a dog.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

einochan
Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2005, 11:10 PM

Post #3 of 17 (1770 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gus-Gus] SIGH [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi gus-gus,

yea, i know what u mean..think it'll be too painful for me to be there for him, i'll cry for sure, non-stop and i wouldnt be able to drive after that. sigh, i'll just say a little prayer for him.

well, i actually saw this programme on one of the documentary channels and it is actually possible to help quadriplegic dogs. but maybe it is not feasible here. they actually attach wheels on the hips and the dog can move around using his front legs and they turn out to be rather happy. maybe deep down inside i was hoping someone would help him that way..oh well..

thanks for the advice. take care! i will be going back there again soon..

Laugh My dogs own me - Hunter, Sandie, Duchess and Boy. Sadly missed - Toffee (13/3/00 - 24/4/05)

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jul 11, 2005, 2:28 AM

Post #4 of 17 (1765 views)
Shortcut
Re: [einochan, Gus-Gus] SIGH [In reply to] Can't Post

Heart is always good but sometimes doing the "right" thing is not always easy. I have seen lots of US mags with those wheels attached to hips but over here ? I doubt that we can find it unless someone willing to import it in from the US. Even with the wheels attached, there is lots of other things that have to think abt eg : training owner n dog on the use of the wheels n etc.

Sad to say, here ? no one wud bother, some.... they wud prefer to just dump the dog to PAWS or SPCA and then leave it at that and PAWS n SPCA have to be the one doing the job.

If there is means n ways, I'm sure any vet wud not put the dog down. That is always the last options for a good vet. Poor dog, suffering n all. Its always the dog who suffers and being victimize due to human's ignorance.

Eino, what time did u go over ? I was there on saturday with some friends.

cheers,
minglmy

einochan
Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2005, 4:57 AM

Post #5 of 17 (1756 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] SIGH [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi mingSmile

well, i was there at about 1+ and stayed till about 3+. were u there at that time? dr cheng was still there when i left i think.

yes, people here would not invest that much time, patience and effort in saving a dog that is lame for life and in similar situations. its sad aint it? if i was in a position of money and power, i will definitely adopt the dog and try my best to give it a comfy life till the end. but like gus-gus said, sometimes its better to put it down if it is in pain. i doubt Fighter was in pain, he seemed happy and was trying to jump at me while i patted him. sigh..oh well..

ming, are u going any of the weekdays? let me know, maybe we can help out together and have a drink after that or something.

take care

cheers,
EINO-chan

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 12, 2005, 6:27 PM

Post #6 of 17 (1722 views)
Shortcut

einochan

there are still ppls here, in malaysia who willing to care about dogs. i do know somebody who willing to pay a lot, i mean really a lot for stray dogs. this person only take in dogs who need care for eg. handicaps & he does plan to care for the dogs for the entire life time.

anyway he cant take in any dog for the time being, as you know, if there is a space for ppl like that, they already rescue another. there are many ppl work silently, so dont give up, YOU also can help as much as you can.

Yang

Regards,

Yang

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jul 12, 2005, 9:32 PM

Post #7 of 17 (1705 views)
Shortcut

HI !

I was there earlier abt 11+ and didnt stay for long due to we went after JT and the kids was in the car waiting for us.

Sorry weekdays definitely not able to be there as I'm working :)

cheers,
minglmy

einochan
Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2005, 6:18 PM

Post #8 of 17 (1667 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] SIGH [In reply to] Can't Post

hello there ming

Oh, after JT..yea, probably u didnt stay that long la. yea, working days a bit difficult la. i'm still studying so its easier to drop by. i'll probably drop by only during weekends now that my semester has started. anyways, do keep me posted if u wanna drop by.

take care.

papadog
Novice

Jul 24, 2005, 2:53 AM

Post #9 of 17 (1577 views)
Shortcut

hi, if the dog can use its front legs, you may be able to take it to "lassie" which is in Langkawi. They only take dogs which have problems. Check out their web site at

best-of-langkawi.com/lassie/

When I used to work at the vets "lassie" took a puppy with 3 legs. It depends on how much you are willing to do for this dog. It will require a lot of work to arrange transport etc...but the dog will have a good life at Lassie. Good luck

einochan
Enthusiast

Jul 24, 2005, 5:49 AM

Post #10 of 17 (1568 views)
Shortcut
Re: [papadog] SIGH [In reply to] Can't Post

hie papadog

thanks for the info..never heard of this organization..now that i'm aware of it, i'll know what to do when i encounter doggies like this. i wonder if Fighter is still at PAWS..will check on him next time i go there.

thanks again.

cheers

EINO

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 24, 2005, 8:07 AM

Post #11 of 17 (1565 views)
Shortcut
Re: [papadog] SIGH [In reply to] Can't Post

papadog

u r a vet? Smile

Yang

Regards,

Yang

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jul 27, 2005, 5:47 AM

Post #12 of 17 (1501 views)
Shortcut

Hi !

yes during working hours it'll be hard for me to go over. For working group like me... just gotto do it in the weekends but unfortunately I have limited hours in the weekends due to work and trainings LOL !

Sometimes not easy to juggle n squeeze time but always try my best.

cheers,
minglmy

shlee
Doggyman

Jul 28, 2005, 5:54 PM

Post #13 of 17 (1457 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Just wanna share my feeling here. When i opened your pic for the dog, i really feel like crying. He seems so pity and suffering. He is too thin! I guess he has sufferrred a lot before being surrendered to PAWS. I strongly wish that he can be adopted by a good owner. I will pray hard for him!

*****Pls help to look for my MiMi (refer to my avatar for her pic)*****
*****MiMi, where are you now? I miss you.....*****

kathleen.tay
Canine Addict

Jul 29, 2005, 9:13 AM

Post #14 of 17 (1419 views)
Shortcut

Hi Eino,

I have visited Lassie and MAS Kargo website. I dont mind communicating with Lassie and find out more on how to fly Fighter to Langkawi. From what I see from MAS Kargo website its RM 80 per kennel for Class 4 (domestic animals ie. dogs & cats) and some misc charges.

As long as the transport charge is not more than RM 300, I dont mind helping Fighter out, if this means he will have a good life at Lassie and with assurance of him not suffering due to his injuries.

Please do let me know... you may call me at 012 - 378 7811.

Regards,

Kathleen
A Dog Never Lies About Love

einochan
Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2005, 5:26 PM

Post #15 of 17 (1404 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kathleen.tay] SIGH [In reply to] Can't Post

hie there kathleen Unimpressed

well, since i've started the semester, i havent had time to go over to PAWS. I dont know if they have kept Fighter or not. sigh, most likely not. he was all bruised and wounded on her hinds because she was dragging them as she shuffles across the rough ground.

I would think Mr Edward would not keep him around for long. hmm..maybe we can ask finnstar if she's going to PAWS..she's on a break now and i met her in the puppy.com forum also. sigh.

I'll give u a call if i get wind about Fighter.

cheers

EINO

kathleen.tay
Canine Addict

Jul 29, 2005, 6:16 PM

Post #16 of 17 (1402 views)
Shortcut

It's so sad.... I have just called PAWS and spoke to the Chinese uncle(Edward's off day) . According to him, Fighter has been put to sleep.

I feel so sad.... But the most we can do now is to pray for him and may his soul rest in peace. May God Bless Him and deep down we all know that he is at the Rainbow's bridge.
A Dog Never Lies About Love

einochan
Enthusiast

Jul 30, 2005, 7:43 AM

Post #17 of 17 (1383 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kathleen.tay] SIGH [In reply to] Can't Post

FrownFrownsigh, poor Fighter. He was so spirited when i met him. Yes, lets hope he's at a better place now. Thanks all for the posts and concern over him.

Cheers,

EINO

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my