Subang Boy

srion7
Novice

Mar 18, 2002, 8:36 PM

Post #1 of 18 (5349 views)
Shortcut
Subang Boy Can't Post

Hi there All!

This is a great site! Kudos to the organisers Wink...so glad to have chanced upon it! As a short intro, my name is Denning and I'm from Subang as implied. Have had dogs all my life from Chow Chows to Daschunds to Spitzs to mixes to currently Miniature Pinschers and a new Aussie breed called Tenterfield Terriers a.k.a Mini Foxies. Don't think anyone knows of them though as they have only attained recognition in Australia by the ANKC just this year. They look like Jack Russells but are smaller, much friendlier, and their ears are usually erect. For the curious, I've appended pics below along with my Min Pins and puppies I now have. If you want to know more about this exciting breed, check out these Aussie sites: http://www.geocities.com/ttcvic/ and http://geocities.com/neverlandkennels/

Anyways...really think this site is way cool. So again, well done!

Denning Tan
Attachments: LovelyDogs_amp_amp_Us.jpg (161 KB)
  Foxt-12.jpg (44.1 KB)
  Foxt-2.jpg (46.9 KB)
  p2.jpg (163 KB)
  Rex2.jpg (102 KB)
  Dog5.jpg (50.9 KB)

May
Old Hand

Mar 18, 2002, 8:41 PM

Post #2 of 18 (5346 views)
Shortcut
Re: [srion7] Subang Boy [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome to the forum, Srion. All your dogs look nice.
BTW, are you a student, working adult etc?

ginl
ALPHA

Mar 18, 2002, 8:53 PM

Post #3 of 18 (5344 views)
Shortcut

Hi Denning,

waaahhh soooo many dogs so little time....i saw a tenterfield puppies for sale ad in the Star paper not too long ago...was wondering what kind of breed they were...they're not the same as in Toy Fox terrier? coz Toy Fox terriers look like JRTs only smaller with erect ears as well....and your puppies ears in the pics are not erect yet? do they pop up as they grow older? They're cute by the way Smile....welcome to the forum!

srion7
Novice

Mar 18, 2002, 11:06 PM

Post #4 of 18 (5328 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] Subang Boy [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there May,

Wow...have a reply so soon...that's great!

I'm still studying actually...hope to be done in July, itching to work. Do you have any dogs of your own? Would love to see them. Ta!

May
Old Hand

Mar 18, 2002, 11:09 PM

Post #5 of 18 (5326 views)
Shortcut

Yes, I have. You can refer to my intro. Will post my pup's pictures later...What course are you studying?

srion7
Novice

Mar 18, 2002, 11:11 PM

Post #6 of 18 (5326 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Subang Boy [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello!

Like the dogs? They're really cute yah? But the best part about them is their personality and character....very warm and human, a real bundle of joy! You are right...they are like the Toy Fox Terrier which are from the States, but the Tenters are native Aussies. Their ears pop up as you said as they mature, but those that don't droop at the upper 1/3 point. Have not seen others like them here in Malaysia, but I have seen quite a few in Singapore. Thanks for asking about them...see you soon. Smile

srion7
Novice

Mar 18, 2002, 11:24 PM

Post #7 of 18 (5322 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] Subang Boy [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi May,

Am taking my CLP (the scandalous bar exam) in July...luckily for me I wasn't involved in last year's fiasco. How about you? Having fun with your pup? Hope you are...gonna do some work now. Till later then, bye!

Khoobg
Webmaster

Mar 18, 2002, 11:40 PM

Post #8 of 18 (5316 views)
Shortcut

Hi Srion,

Welcome to the forum. Great to have you on board.

Cheers

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

Andrew

Mar 19, 2002, 12:02 AM

Post #9 of 18 (5308 views)
Shortcut

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum and nice to have you here.

Andrew Wong
Miniature Pinscher, Born 22.12.2000

srion7
Novice

Mar 19, 2002, 12:39 AM

Post #10 of 18 (5305 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andrew] Subang Boy [In reply to] Can't Post

Great to find another Min Pin Lover. I love mIn pins too...have u seen my pics of them here? Will send you a few more of my recent pups...must send me pics of yours too yah? Would love to see them. My mum is pressuring me to sell 2 of my Min Pins but I'm adamant not to unless I find really good owners as they are so close to me and absolutely beautiful...very showy too esp. the males. Hope you like the pics atho I must admit they looked overweight in a few of them (Ooops!) Blush
Attachments: Daisy1.jpg (63.7 KB)
  DenningRichJoanneMyojo.jpg (199 KB)
  Lynn_amp_amp_Myojo.jpg (151 KB)
  p3.jpg (231 KB)
  p2.jpg (163 KB)
  Rex1.jpg (120 KB)
  Rex2.jpg (102 KB)
  Dog1.1.jpg (78.1 KB)
  Dog5.jpg (50.9 KB)

May
Old Hand

Mar 19, 2002, 12:50 AM

Post #11 of 18 (5303 views)
Shortcut

They are so cute.....how old are they and how much you intent to sell?

Andrew

Mar 19, 2002, 1:13 AM

Post #12 of 18 (5299 views)
Shortcut

Your min pin is nice. Well i wish I could put my min pin pic on this forum but i can't because I don't have any scanner but I'll find the way out.

I have only one and she's chocolate and tan. Sometimes she's quite noisyyy...

Andrew Wong

Andrew

Mar 19, 2002, 7:30 AM

Post #13 of 18 (5284 views)
Shortcut

Hi again...

I've seen all your minpin's picture...It's very nice...the black & tan pups ( Daisy1 ) looks nice.
How many min pin you owned actually?

Andrew Wong

srion7
Novice

Mar 19, 2002, 7:48 AM

Post #14 of 18 (5277 views)
Shortcut

Hi there Andrew,

Daisy looks great doesn't she? You can see her adult pics in Dog 5...that's her grown up but slightly overweight. I have 4 Min Pins altogether, 2 males, 2 females...2 red, 2 b/tan, and 2 Tenterfield Terriers....know why my mom is so mad at me now? :( hehehehe

Andrew

Mar 19, 2002, 8:10 AM

Post #15 of 18 (5275 views)
Shortcut

Hehehe...

I have a situation same like you also....well suppose that I have 5 dogs staying with me...but then because of the City Hall new regulation, my parents forced me to give away 3 of them...I don't want too at first but then I got no choice to give them away...and fortunately i can find a good home for them...OK before that, I have 1 minpin, 1spitz and 3 mixed breed (Havanese + spitz). The pure breed Havanese die oledi. Actually I'm planning to bring back another minpin BUT so unlucky....

My parents always got headache with me...I gave 2 of my mixed breed away only, and 1 of the mixed breed I still keep it.....I gave them away is not because they are not pedigree...there is some reason behind....So now I have 3 dogs with me....My parents promise me to get a bigger dogs for me if anything happen to my spitz....My mom favourite breed will be the Dalmation but not sure yet they'll get one of Dal or a Doberman or a GSD...This is the breed that they have in mind for the moment....

I'll breed my minpin later and that time I'm sure I to keep one...

Andrew Wong

srion7
Novice

Mar 19, 2002, 6:57 PM

Post #16 of 18 (5264 views)
Shortcut

Hi Andrew...we must arrange to meet up one day...know anyone else with Min Pins? They are a yappy lot I must agree, and people often mistake them for Chihuahuas too esp. when they are smaller. You planning to show your dogs? I intend to when I find the time to properly train them. One of my males have entered 3 shows when he was 1 year plus...did v well too with CCs and RCC...but have not been shown since then and he's almost 6 years now...quite old to show and he has white hair some more. Came from a pretty good line of imported dogs from Australia and US, but he was born here. Both his parents were champs too. But that fellow is such a glut and he eats like a pig...I try to control his diet, but when I'm not around and my dad does the feeding, he is so indiscriminate and lets him gobble as much as he wants! Must remind my dad again...

Anyways, did you go to the Mines show? I saw 3 v nice Min Pins there...2 males, 1 was the Phillippine grand champ owned by Mr. Chan, and the other the Thai champ owned by Mr. Khor, and another a female dunno owned by who. Chan's dog is really nice and won, although Khor's dog has a better gait I feel...slightly more showy, but the dog not as proportionate and handsome. If you want good puppies and are willing to pay, you can always pay them a visit in Ipoh. In fact I'm helping another friend, a Min Pin shower/ handler to choose a pup v. soon. Tell me if you wanna come along. Take care....ta!

Cool, Denning

Andrew

Mar 19, 2002, 8:26 PM

Post #17 of 18 (5256 views)
Shortcut

So far I don't know anyone else that own a minpin...and you are the first one from this forum...

Yeah..I went to the dog show at MINES on Sunday...I saw the minpin too but I don't know who is the owner is...they are beautiful....

We should arrange one day to meet up each other...I might learn something from you on this yappy dog since I just started keeping minpin just for 1 year plus...and i'm not showing her...well I never train her before but then I might breed her and choose one show quality pups and train it...My minpin has a good appetite too....I must control her..once she is like a fat pig and now getting better..I have a question for you, is it the female minpin's body will be slightly longer than a male?

You are right on people will mistaken minpin as a chihuahua when they are small but I think this won't happen to the dog lover, they sure can differentiate it....Once I brought my minpin to the vet and here come a guy and saw my minpin and he say "Wah, what a cute little chihuahua"...and before I say anything the doctor told him it was miniature pinscher not a chihuahua....I just smile at him...

By the way , when are you going to Ipoh with your friend. See if i can arrange my time to go with you guys...

I think you better reply in the "Chit Chat" section because this section is for member introduction...

Andrew Wong

leopui
K9 Maniac

Mar 20, 2002, 12:39 AM

Post #18 of 18 (5246 views)
Shortcut

Hi Andrew ... I just loves your remarks ...I think you better reply in the "Chit Chat" section because this section is for member introduction... very wise "recommendation"!!! Good On You Smile !!!
LEO PUI
Get REAL, Train REAL & Be REAL! Do RIGHT and FEAR No One!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my