Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Bowlingual - doggie barks to human language?

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 10, 2003, 7:52 PM

Post #1 of 20 (1572 views)
Shortcut
Bowlingual - doggie barks to human language? Can't Post

I read the article in the Star InTech today about "Bowlingual", a gadget by the Japanese that's supposed to translate our doggie's barks to our language!! The article said that they are retailing it in US for USD$120, about RM456!!!

Wonder if it really works that well. I wouldn't mind saving up for a few months to get that gadget to communicate with Sparkle! WinkWink I think it's pretty cool!!

What's next....they will come up with a gadget to translate human language to doggie barks?? hehe...then we can literally communicate with our furkids!! Laugh Sly Smile

Trivor
K9 Servant

Apr 11, 2003, 1:01 AM

Post #2 of 20 (1544 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] Bowlingual - doggie barks to human language? [In reply to] Can't Post

Can we get this in Malaysia? most gadgets cannot find in Malaysia... Not to say lousy but no market...
Or we can import from Japan/ US :-) Already in the market?
So good to understand what Trivor wants... heeheee

~ Trivor ~
~ SC & Low, mama and dada ~

May
Old Hand

Apr 11, 2003, 1:23 AM

Post #3 of 20 (1544 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trivor] Bowlingual - doggie barks to human language? [In reply to] Can't Post

It's in the Japanese market last year and the company are planning to promote the gadget to US...the big dog market. Hopefully by that time we can order online ler....hehehe. Anyone going to Japan???

(This post was edited by May on Apr 11, 2003, 1:25 AM)

yazi
Novice

Apr 11, 2003, 7:22 AM

Post #4 of 20 (1540 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] Bowlingual - doggie barks to human language? [In reply to] Can't Post

more info:
www.jinjapan.org/kidsweb/cool/02-10-12/bowlingual.html
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/1480010.stm
mdn.mainichi.co.jp/features/0109/20010911dog.html
[A Dog is the only thing on earth that luv you more than you luv yourself ;p]

adamchooi
Canine Addict

Apr 11, 2003, 7:39 AM

Post #5 of 20 (1538 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yazi] Bowlingual - doggie barks to human language? [In reply to] Can't Post

Make sure u get the US version though unless u understand japanese.LoL

Interested to get one as well.Hope that it really works.

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

boon
Doggyman

Apr 14, 2003, 4:53 AM

Post #6 of 20 (1522 views)
Shortcut

What's Fido saying? 'Bowlingual' will translate

(CNN) -- A high-tech dog collar called 'Bowlingual' is being promoted to pet owners in east Asia as a device that translates barks into human words.

CNN NewsPass VIDEO Bow-wow. A high-tech dog collar translates barks into remarks. CNN's Andrew Brown reports (September 9)
Play video

A Japanese language version of the technology will launch in Japan and Hong Kong later this month, and the manufacturer eventually wants to add an English translation model, too.

Want to know what your dog does while you're away? Bowlingual can record barking from a dog that has been left alone all day and analyze the sounds for the owner. The device will also remind owners when their pets are due for their health shots.

CNN's Andrew Brown reports on the translator that gives insight into canine conversation.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 14, 2003, 5:28 PM

Post #7 of 20 (1514 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Bowlingual - doggie barks to human language? [In reply to] Can't Post

so not fair - we always get left out when they come out with cool gadgets like these. You guys think Pets Wonderland might consider taking some in to 'test market' here??

Wah...and what's next on CNN? An interview with the doggie?? Maybe you'll see a celebrity's dog appear in David Letterman or Ali G's show soon...kekeke

edser

Apr 14, 2003, 6:08 PM

Post #8 of 20 (1510 views)
Shortcut

Hahaha cshellz,Laugh a talk show with doggie and interview, i think i will be totally awe too and it is too scary...what might they be telling??????

Well, if you are reallly interested, you might be able to get one from Japan but you might just have to learn what it means in Japanese, Well, i might be able to help, i have check with my japanes friends as they might go home for a holiday sson and maybe they can help, one of my friend just came back and help my bf to get some nintendo's stuff, very cheap but i think i can only help if it a small quantities and advance payment or maybe you could order online, delivered to her address in Japan and she will help me to carry it home...still considering but things like this are alway sold out....so maybe i need to ask her to order on behalf of me... but just trying, no promises.... can you forward me the link to the website, so i could print it and passed it to her, I think it will coz something like Rm 450????Shockedexpensive but no harm having one here in Malaysia....HEHEHEHEHE

bout the language, i know some, so maybe be the giunea pig...

Smile
Serina
owns Enzo, then Zeno, now Zoe'n.....later Nezo,Ozne, Noze, Zone, Ezno, Onze, Zeon etc. anymore?

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 14, 2003, 8:37 PM

Post #9 of 20 (1503 views)
Shortcut
Re: [edser] Bowlingual - doggie barks to human language? [In reply to] Can't Post

I think I'll wait and see some testimonials first b4 I get it. Aiya...if not I'll blow nearly RM500 on a gadget that might end up being Sparkle's chew toy!! heheh Wink Smile So serina...u going to try it out ah??? kekeke WinkTongue Tongue

But if this picks up here I'll definitely get one!! Imagine all our doggies talking to us when we have gatherings and jungle walks~!! haha...then the male doggies can practise some pick up lines too!! hehehe WinkTongue

edser

Apr 14, 2003, 9:44 PM

Post #10 of 20 (1500 views)
Shortcut

hahahaha, i agree cshellz,

wait till our doggies learn to court girls and bitch(polite phrase) and what will we do... aiyo too funny.LaughLaughLaugh

But Rm 500 is too steep isn't it? But do you know the brand coz i have friends in Japan at the moment with dogs and maybe i could ask them about it.

regards serina

Smile
Serina
owns Enzo, then Zeno, now Zoe'n.....later Nezo,Ozne, Noze, Zone, Ezno, Onze, Zeon etc. anymore?

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 14, 2003, 9:56 PM

Post #11 of 20 (1499 views)
Shortcut
Re: [edser] Bowlingual - doggie barks to human language? [In reply to] Can't Post

erm....i read it from the papers. It's just simply called "Bowlingual". mebbe u can check out the links Yazi posted above Smile

edser

Apr 15, 2003, 8:09 PM

Post #12 of 20 (1488 views)
Shortcut

Hi Serina & Enzo,

i think its a waste of moneyCool Our baby enzo don't even barkWink. I think we should wait until the Jap invented a gadget that translate human talk to dog wordsCool

EdvardWink

Smile
Serina

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 15, 2003, 8:24 PM

Post #13 of 20 (1486 views)
Shortcut

Wah edvard and serina....took me a few seconds to figure that you are both using the same nick!! Crazy Tongue hehe..

haha...serina, then u have to teach Enzo how to bark first b4 u can get the gadget.

Sparkle doesn't bark much except during playtime and sometimes when we are snacking he's like trying to 'tell' us to pass him his share too! Wink

edser

Apr 24, 2003, 7:08 AM

Post #14 of 20 (1464 views)
Shortcut

HI cshellz,

long time since huh???Wink Well, Enzo does bark abit!! and Edvard how dare you say your Enzo do not bark!!!! he is not mute!!!!Mad Well, he does bark when he sees us home or when we have to go for work!!!! On food wise, he will not coz, he knows mama can be mean if he disturb us during our mealtime!!!! VERY FIERCE!!!!!

But i think the bowlingual could be useful, someday with more improvement. ENZO BARKING NOWShocked Grandma came home.GreetingWink

But I think that their eyes, say so much that no need for any words!!!!

Smile
Serina

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 24, 2003, 5:06 PM

Post #15 of 20 (1461 views)
Shortcut

hi Serina,

u're right. Our doggies do talk to us through their eyes....we can always tell if they are afraid, mischievious, sad or 'merajuking' right? Wink Just the other day my mum scolded Sparkle for pooing in the kitchen (he hasn't done that in a loooong time but he suddenly did Crazy) When my mum was scolding him and saying "bad dog. Cannot do here" he was just sitting at a corner looking down at the floor. My mum also no heart to scold liao. But the moment she finished, he ran to me and just sat in my lap and looked at me....his small eyes were red and he had tears!

Richie's eyes also used to turn red and teary whenever we scold him for anything. Unimpressed

edser

Apr 28, 2003, 5:15 AM

Post #16 of 20 (1447 views)
Shortcut

Yeah, i agreeWink so much..

They do have meaningful eyes, don't they. Just yesterday papa edvard told me that Enzo was so adorable coz, mama is sick and coughing, so i need my sleep and he keep sneaking up on me and sniff and kiss during my sleep. papa just told him ' no , mama is sick' then he just stop and sleep contently beside me. He does not disturb me or jump on me the whole day, in fact giving me a look when i have my coughing fit...lovely eyes they all have don't they???

Smile
Serina

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 28, 2003, 7:23 PM

Post #17 of 20 (1442 views)
Shortcut

HI serina,

wah...Enzo really 'kuai' la. But u better take care of urself leh....got SSSAAARRRSSSS around...Crazy

Get well soon ok? WinkTongue

ilovedog
New User

Apr 30, 2003, 12:54 PM

Post #18 of 20 (1437 views)
Shortcut

Do dogs understands how people feels? Are they becoming or should I say "shifting" to human nature; like expression, act and differenciate what is wrong and what is right? They longer they stick to you, the more "human" they are. Sorry to ask these questions. I really don't know anything about dogs as I never own a dog until now but I would to have one as a friend. The reason I joined this website forum is I want to get some answers and advises before I get one. Unsure

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 30, 2003, 11:45 PM

Post #19 of 20 (1432 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ilovedog] Bowlingual - doggie barks to human language? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi!! Smile

welcome to the forum. Why don't u introduce yourself in the "Members Introduction" thread so that more of us can get to know u.

Anyway, I do believe that dogs do understand how humans feel. In fact, some dogs are so good with their senses they are able to sense changes in a human's mood. Well, to a certain degree dogs can start to accommodate into our lifestyles and each dog owner's lifestyles are different. BUt they are pretty adaptable animals. HOwever, dogs will still be dogs - u will still have problems initially with biting of furnitures, accidents with their pee & poo, fur shedding, falling sick...etc.

It's like taking care of a baby Smile But if you love dogs, u'll find this (owning a dog) to be one of the best experiences you can get in a lifetime.

And u're in the right place. This forum really provides a lot of guidance and help in taking care of a puppy/dog. Do read through as much as u can...from where to buy your dog and where to AVOID buying your dog from (ie the pet shop in Petaling Street) to taking care of the dog throughout its life.

Have fun here...and don't hesitate to ask if you have questions Wink

edser

May 1, 2003, 5:05 PM

Post #20 of 20 (1424 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ilovedog] Bowlingual - doggie barks to human language? [In reply to] Can't Post

Cshellz, i do agrea with what you say in answer to ILOVEDOG.

Dog is still dog, but they do become adaptable to us and try to understand us but nevertheless, i guess it is a two-way communication, we two must learn to listen to understand because our little furkids do have a mind of their own too. I once, learnt from a ver nurse, she told me dog is the best animals because when you bought them, you became their leader in a way. (you see wolf family live in pack)you are the leader, the master and because of your love to him, he exchage it with his loyalty and compassion to us. She also told me, she hope that dogs know how to be angry to the bad master but because most of them are more loyal than having to keep anger within, they just follow and become depressed. So i guess, we have to be fair and not miused their loyalty!!!! Because they care, DOG care.....

Welcome to you and hope you enjoy! Wink

Smile
Serina

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my