Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog Rescue and Adoption: PAWS:
What I think that can improve/increase adoption at PAWS.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

npk
Dog Kichi

Jun 29, 2005, 5:14 AM

Post #1 of 51 (3349 views)
Shortcut
What I think that can improve/increase adoption at PAWS. Can't Post

I am looking to adopt a dog. If there are photos of the dogs and cats at Paws up for adoption are posted here, it will help.

I am sure many who are looking for a dog/cat would like to know what to expect before going over to Paws.

Therefore, a constantly updated list of dog/cats(with photos) is available, it will help to increase the adoption rate of Paws.

This is just my opinion and hope others can throw in some ideas to help PAWS.

NPK

einochan
Enthusiast

Jun 29, 2005, 7:55 AM

Post #2 of 51 (3341 views)
Shortcut
Re: [npk] What I think that can improve/increase adoption at PAWS. [In reply to] Can't Post

hie there npkFrown

well, i think u can go to PAWS and see for yourself the puppies and adult doggies they have there. hmm..u have to interact with the furkids to know what sort of dog u want. think post photos not so effective..must go see for yourself Smile

if u have free time, do go help out there also..those furkids need some human companionshipFrown

Laugh My dogs own me - Hunter, Sandie, Duchess and Boy. Sadly missed - Toffee (13/3/00 - 24/4/05)
Sadly missed - Duchess Nov '98 - 1 Nov '06

npk
Dog Kichi

Jun 29, 2005, 8:19 AM

Post #3 of 51 (3331 views)
Shortcut
Re: [einochan] What I think that can improve/increase adoption at PAWS. [In reply to] Can't Post

einochan,

I agree with what you are saying but sometimes, some many like to know if there is a breed/color/sex that they are looking for.

A constantly updated list(with photos) will help them to decide if they should take a drive over to Paws to take a closer look at the dog that they are looking for.

I am aware that the potential owner must spend sometime with the dog before making a decision.

I am going over to Paws to see if I can find a Labrador. I saw SPCA website and there is a female beige lab that caught my eyes. I will go over there too after PAWS.

You see, PAWS need to have more people coming forward to adopt the furkids.

For instance, you are sitting at home, say 1hr drive from Paws. You want to adopt a Beagle/Male/below 2years old. What do you do? Drive 1 hr to Paws and find out that they don't any?

A list will lure the potential owners to come over to Paws. He/ she may end up adopting a GSD that is so attached to him/her during the visit.

Do something to make these people come over to Paws.

NPK

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 29, 2005, 9:02 AM

Post #4 of 51 (3326 views)
Shortcut
Re: [npk] What I think that can improve/increase adoption at PAWS. [In reply to] Can't Post

npk

you have a potential idea in mind, the next step is take action? well PAWS has their own website, but i think they might not be free to post at every forums such as puppy.com, so they need volunteers to go & snap photos then post here. glad there are ppl like you who stil concern & contribute ideas.

anyway during the time when we doing rescue, my humble opinion is the principal of a shelter is important too. if a shelter holds a strong & good principal, ppl will preffer to help the shelter. Smile

personally i really hope there is a shelter where dogs wont being put to sleep... ... Crazy

Yang

Regards,

Yang

einochan
Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2005, 1:30 AM

Post #5 of 51 (3292 views)
Shortcut

Frown npk..

i get your point Frown will try to take more photos next time i go there.

cheers
Wink

Laugh My dogs own me - Hunter, Sandie, Duchess and Boy. Sadly missed - Toffee (13/3/00 - 24/4/05)

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 30, 2005, 4:16 AM

Post #6 of 51 (3278 views)
Shortcut
Re: [einochan] What I think that can improve/increase adoption at PAWS. [In reply to] Can't Post

einochan

wow, you are the 1st to take action, congrats! give you a prize, hehe..

Yang

Regards,

Yang

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 1, 2005, 6:18 PM

Post #7 of 51 (3242 views)
Shortcut

Hi ...

If you would like to help with increasing rate of adoption at PAWS ... by taking and posting pixs of the puppies ... The next time you are at PAWS, speak to the Shelter Manager, and he will give you a hand.

PAWS is fixing the website right now ~ doing a redesign and update ... will probably be ready sometime soon. Ask the Manager if you can contribute your pixs to the website ...

Just a thought ~ getting pixs up is not so difficult. Keeping the pixs updated & current takes a lot of work. But glad you are prepared to give it a go.

Cheers Smile

papadog
Novice

Jul 7, 2005, 6:34 AM

Post #8 of 51 (3196 views)
Shortcut

Is it a Malaysian thing? A pedigree...everyone wants one...they go to shelters on the off chance they might find one...a lab, a rotty, a beagle but ask them to adopt a stray? Well...that would not be the done thing would it? After all can't brag about that. To all those people who have adopted a non pedigree from a shelter and love them to bits. I salute you! Frown

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 7, 2005, 7:08 AM

Post #9 of 51 (3193 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] What I think that can improve/increase adoption at PAWS. [In reply to] Can't Post

surchinmy

do u always at PAWS? Smile

Yang

Regards,

Yang

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jul 7, 2005, 11:18 PM

Post #10 of 51 (3174 views)
Shortcut
Re: [einochan & leecy] What I think that can improve/increase adoption at PAWS. [In reply to] Can't Post

Frown
Are you going to PAWS anytime next week?? I probably will go there to snap some picture...want to come along...want ppl to teman lor...

Cheers ya,

Nicki the Devil live by the reputation of the name

boBby is a craz3 car PassaNger
Fat FaT other case Elegant Car GuEst
What make Me?
A LoYal huMan Driver.... Frown

NoBody is Prefect, Guess What i am Nobody
Nice to meet YOu

(Bobby+Nicky craze JT memBer)

BoBby San DogstEr
http://www.dogster.com/?158414

http://spykeaz-devil.blogspot.com/

einochan
Enthusiast

Jul 8, 2005, 9:24 PM

Post #11 of 51 (3151 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nicky_spykeaz] What I think that can improve/increase adoption at PAWS. [In reply to] Can't Post

FrownHello Nicky!

well, i think i'll be going tomorrow (saturday) because my aunt is considering adopting a furkid Wink

it will be her first time caring for a dog and so i'll be helping her if she decides she'll go for it.

what day are u planning to go next week? let me know time and day then maybe i'll be there to meet u Frown

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 8, 2005, 9:46 PM

Post #12 of 51 (3149 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nicky_spykeaz] What I think that can improve/increase adoption at PAWS. [In reply to] Can't Post

nicky

im currently at penang wo.. Laugh

Yang

Regards,

Yang

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 14, 2005, 2:47 AM

Post #13 of 51 (3090 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] What I think that can improve/increase adoption at PAWS. [In reply to] Can't Post

Ah .. no not always ... sometimes ... Cheers Smile

Shinya

Jul 18, 2005, 5:54 AM

Post #14 of 51 (3044 views)
Shortcut

Hi! I would like to share some of my exprience here~ Last month I went to PAWS with my friend, we thought to snap some picture to post it up to the forum, before we taking the action, we thought to inform them what are we doing before we do... So I went in to the office and talk to them, i guess one of them is the manager, sitting at the table and discusss with me~ He said I cannot take any picture of the dogs there, coz some of them is not ready to put of for adoption, so i reply hm that I wil only take pictures that the dogs are ready for adoption, then he said if we are really doing our job, maybe we can write some information to the forum, and telling them what breed/sex/colour they have there... But I guess everyone from out station, won't you want them to come to Subang for look at the dogs or pups and don't even know is there any dog or pup that they are looking for~ Then he explain with me that he really want to coparate with us, said that they facing some problem, and need to solve it before all this job could done... So he ask me to leave my contact number to him, and when they are ready they will give us a call, I just don't understand why until today I stil not yet a call from them~

and join our fans page at www.facebook.com/Lolipet

einochan
Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2005, 6:22 PM

Post #15 of 51 (3035 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Shinya] What I think that can improve/increase adoption at PAWS. [In reply to] Can't Post

hieya there

i guess u might have spoken to edward, the big guy behind the counter. he's a really nice fella, very helpful. maybe they've been busy. u can always drop by when u are free to check and see if thet are ready to be photographed. when u plan to go, u can let me know, maybe i'll come by to help.

take care,

cheers

cOsmiC
Novice

Jul 19, 2005, 12:00 AM

Post #16 of 51 (3023 views)
Shortcut

Hi Einochan

I went to PAWS a couple of weeks ago with a friend, to enquire whether we can put 8 stray pups there for adoption. You see, we came across 2 litters of pups at our office compound and have been finding homes for them. Believe me, we have tried so hard - putting up posters @ supermarkets and vets etc. Our efforts have been futile. The management of our office compound started hinting that the pups shouldnt stay here much longer; which is why my friend and I ended up at PAWS.

We had a look around and spoke to Edward, the manager. You mentioned that he is a nice chap, but I beg to differ. We introduced ourselves (politely, mind you) but Edward's replies did not reflect a hint of politeness. He told us loudly and bluntly that we will lose all our rights to these pups once we surrender them to PAWS. We were ok about that BUT when I asked him if there is a timeframe for the pups being there, meaning if they'll be put to sleep should nobody wants them; Edward replied "Yes, I will cook them in my curry". Can you imagine an animal shelter manager joking about something like that? C'mon. take your job more seriously! As he said that, he just looked around the room at the volunteers (girl guides from a secondary school), as if he just made the joke of the century.

My friend and I thought that Edward had been working at PAWS for a long time, hence "hardened" by reality... but he proudly said that he's only been there for 3 weeks. can you believe that? What a shocker.

Anyways, we have yet to find homes for all of the pups - there are 6 left up for adoption. Pls pass the word around. I've got photos of them. After much hoo-hah, they're currently housed at a children's orphange in Taman Seputeh. Again, I can't keep them there for very much longer.

cOsmiC*

einochan
Enthusiast

Jul 19, 2005, 12:45 AM

Post #17 of 51 (3019 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cOsmiC] What I think that can improve/increase adoption at PAWS. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hie there cosmic

hmm, it shocks me that he can be so insensitive. well, the times i've been there, he seemed nice. i wonder why he was acting this way. yes, he is new there and just took over the place recently. maybe he was trying to appear funny to the kids or something. but i do not think there is a time frame for euthanasia of pups. they only put sick and diseased dogs down. puppies are rather quicky adopted i reckon.

could u pls send me the photos of the available pups? or maybe u can post it here. that way we all get to see them.

pls dont let anyone deter u, if u have the time, do come and help out at PAWS.

regards,

EINO

(This post was edited by Admin on Jul 19, 2005, 9:49 AM)

cOsmiC
Novice

Jul 19, 2005, 2:29 AM

Post #18 of 51 (3012 views)
Shortcut

Hi Einochan!

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah I can't believe Edward's attitude. I wouldn't mind helping out at PAWS but I certainly don't want to see his face again or even give him the time of my day.

I've forwarded a compilation of the puppy pics to you, as I have yet to read the guidelines for putting up adoption post on the forum. Would appreciate it if you could help me out. Check out the details of the pups in your email :)

On top of looking for homes for these 6 pups, i found ANOTHER pup by the drain near my house and I am caring for it right now. Been going house to house looking for its owner but it's starting to dawn on me that someone might've just chucked her out. She was frightened and lacked confidence... She's better now, judging by the mischief she gets up to. Unfortunately I can't keep her as I already have a dog (the mongrel with the world's best fur...hehehe..).

Cheers!

cOsmiC *

einochan
Enthusiast

Jul 19, 2005, 7:28 AM

Post #19 of 51 (3008 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cOsmiC] What I think that can improve/increase adoption at PAWS. [In reply to] Can't Post

hie there! Frown

aww, i'm sure there's room for one more pup! i have 4! i used to have 5, but one of my precious furkids died accidently in april. my entire family was heartbroken for a while.

where are u staying? are u staying alone? or with family?

hmm..i'll take a look at the pics ASAP and try to post them up in the adoption forum. will let u know when i do!

cheers!
EINOFrown

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 19, 2005, 7:38 AM

Post #20 of 51 (3003 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] What I think that can improve/increase adoption at PAWS. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Ah .. no not always ... sometimes ... Cheers Smile

at least u got the heart Smile

Yang

Regards,

Yang

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jul 19, 2005, 5:57 PM

Post #21 of 51 (2987 views)
Shortcut

HI Cosmic,

Just my point of view... not to defend or anything but ... just what cross my mind ok.

I have been to PAWS also SPCA have seen through 3 shelter manager change in PAWS personally met them n talked to them.

In my opinion, i wud rather have a shelter manager who CAN make a light joke at times rather than have a sour face fella (like what I got from SPCA) who doesnt even wants to bother answer my question or even look at me for any time of the day given.

His joke might not be appropriate but pls think on shelter manager role too. Seeing animals comes in day in day out....being mishandled by those MPXX fella, put to sleep either puppies or older dogs, managing the whole compound with all the mess left from previous managers, handle numerous calls,enquiries from the public, manage the people in there, food, donations and etc is not easy job. Pls note also PAWS does not have sufficient manpower at the moment in time so everything falls into the shelter manager's shoulder.

I think the hardest role for the shelter manager would be seeing dogs in their hands being put to sleep. The last manager, she ended up being depress most of the time due to the pressure of seeing the dogs being put down time and again and left. If as a shelter manager you dont put yourself in an aloof kinda way then what we the public will be seeing is a depress person or a person who have sour face day in day out.

He might have lots of pressure on the day you went over and need some light joke to soften his day.

PAWS does not simply put down any dogs/puppies only those who is infected with deadly virus and sickly pups... otherwise they too will try to save as many possible.

FYI, he is a loud and blunt person so thats his personality. Working there long or short term even for 3 days you will be hardened by the sight you seen. Try being there yourself 1 whole day ... i think then you will get what i mean. Please do give edward the benefits of doubt on his actions too ya.

Anyway, good job ur doing there ok.... try posting your adoption post in the forum here and who knows .... soon all of them will be able to find good homes Smile Good luck to you kind hearted soul !

cheers,
minglmy

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 19, 2005, 8:11 PM

Post #22 of 51 (2976 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] What I think that can improve/increase adoption at PAWS. [In reply to] Can't Post

minglmy

if im not mistaken supposingly they have to kill those healthy ones too, through my experience i realise that the adoption rate there is far more lower than surrendering, thus sadly those healthy ones & even pups also have to be killed.

for those dog lovers who really wish to safe lifes, i will say this is wat pressure & sadden them most, & if the manager is this type of person , it is understandable he act like that to cosmic. Unsure

In deed, i do hope he act like that towards all the ppl who wish to surrender their animals, so that they know it is not a good thing to do or at least discourage them. Smile

I really hope there will be a shelter who practices no kills, I do tried hard last time, but it is not easy. when u able to solve the problems, other problems sets in. & sadly, all caused by humans but victims are the pity animals.

Yang

Regards,

Yang

cane_pazzeco
Dog Kichi

Jul 19, 2005, 9:27 PM

Post #23 of 51 (2973 views)
Shortcut

FrownFrownFrown
solly for interuption- this my humble opinion

"To give without any reward, or any notice, has a special quality of its own."
Author:Anne Morrow Lindbergh

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get � only what you are expecting to give."
Author:Katherine Hepburn

"Waste no more time talking about great souls and how they should be. Become one yourself!"
Author:Marcus Aurelius

I go to PAWS to help the animals . Who cares how people treat me. Focus is on the animals not how human treat me lah.

Frown

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 19, 2005, 9:37 PM

Post #24 of 51 (2967 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cane_pazzeco] What I think that can improve/increase adoption at PAWS. [In reply to] Can't Post

cane_pazzeco

true, very true. even last time maha them always look at us like aliens but we juz ignore them lah, let the animals there eat good good food. Tongue

Yang

Regards,

Yang

einochan
Enthusiast

Jul 20, 2005, 8:46 PM

Post #25 of 51 (2928 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cane_pazzeco] What I think that can improve/increase adoption at PAWS. [In reply to] Can't Post

hie there!

yea, true. keep up the positive attitude Frown

EINO

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my