Home: Breed Specific: Toy Group:
Have u seen this--biewer yorkshire

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

yarfen

Jun 24, 2005, 5:01 PM

Post #1 of 40 (5777 views)
Shortcut
Have u seen this--biewer yorkshire Can't Post

hi all, i have go through a few website that introduce this breed(biewer yorkshire).wah!what a lovely dog!!Frown

their face is look like yorkshire but the body is white in colour with black mark..so cute and adorable..u can have a look at these website,if u found any others good website that introduce this breed, u can share with me too..Smile

i wonder malaysia got this type of breed...Frown

http://magnoliasmagnificentyorkies.com/BIEWERS.html

http://www.stellaryorkies.com/Harmony.htm

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/biewer.htm

Sydney
Doggyman

Jun 25, 2005, 2:21 AM

Post #2 of 40 (5752 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yarfen] Have u seen this--biewer yorkshire [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey that ykst is soo cute. Is it a mix breed or just pure? Takan ykst can have this sort of rare breed.

Can i put the history of it?

if cant then it's ok, i'll stick it here for info.

eastlandkennels.com/history_of_the_biewer_yorkie.htm

here's 1 of all the toy dogs

www.answers.com/topic/toy-dog

here's 1 of any biewer ykst

www.mysuperdog.com/directory/biewer-yorkshire-terrier.php

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

darenong
Enthusiast

Jun 27, 2005, 9:13 AM

Post #3 of 40 (5722 views)
Shortcut

cool dog ... looks like aust silky mix maltese or mix shih tzu hehe

nice doggie !

FrownFrownSimba - the Shih Tzu kingFrownFrown
http://spaces.msn.com/...lt&_c=photoalbum
Dogster me! @ http://www.dogster.com/?156485

Pets they said are men's best friend. Are men pets best guardian?

yarfen

Jun 27, 2005, 9:06 PM

Post #4 of 40 (5705 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sydney] Have u seen this--biewer yorkshire [In reply to] Can't Post

sure u can, it's great for us to know better of this breed ma..since it is sooo cute!!!Frown

in my understanding as i read through the history article,i think this biewer is a pure breed, it's just have a gene mutation in the yorkie.then after many years of breeding, they become like what we can see know.

from the first link that u posted,i found this paragraph which can explain the biewer is not a mix breed also..

The Biewer Yorkie was originally a piebald genetic recessive gene occurrence from 2 Yorkshire Terriers but unscrupulous breeders have tried to match the look of the Biewer Yorkshire by crossing the Yorkshire Terrier and the Shih-Tzu. The crossing will produce the parti/piebald/white markings from the Shih-Tzu influence after the second generation but these crossbred dogs would take generations before they would produce the hair coat and the facial features seen in the Biewer Yorkshire. If the dog being presented to you as a Biewer Yorkshire has very wavy and/or course hair, or the facial features or body style of the Shih-Tzu then it's highly unlikely that it is a true purebred Biewer Yorkie.

again, thanks for sharing with us this useful link oh!i will post again any new link that i found by then.actually this biewer is originated from german, so, many breeders are from german too..and the website also in german language..Unsurei cant understand German language la..Frown

yarfen

Jun 27, 2005, 9:15 PM

Post #5 of 40 (5702 views)
Shortcut
Re: [darenong] Have u seen this--biewer yorkshire [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,
but biewer is not a mix oh..the parents for 1st biewer is both yorkie..biewer is born becoz of gene mutation..amazing isn't it?Wink

i like it's tail, so long and beautiful!!Frown

darenong
Enthusiast

Jun 28, 2005, 4:18 AM

Post #6 of 40 (5692 views)
Shortcut

gene mutation ?!!!! WOW ! Frown amazing!!! Laugh

yarfen

Jun 29, 2005, 4:44 PM

Post #7 of 40 (5679 views)
Shortcut

Frown
u own a shih tzu?my bf plan to buy a shih tzu, is there any tips on how to choose a healthy shih tzu?shih tzu hair so long, is it very hard to take care?and will her hair shed?i heard some people say if rear a shih tzu, then all around the floor can find shh tzu hair,is it true for all shih tzu?or because of their feeding?

we saw one shih tzu in a pet shop last week, her(is a she) hair colour is just look like the one in your avatar,so cute..then my bf cannot tahan already,keep thinking to buy her, but i just afraid not enough time to take care all our doggie..we have 3 doggie already...Tongue

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jun 29, 2005, 5:04 PM

Post #8 of 40 (5675 views)
Shortcut

Shih Tzu generally you need to look at the eyes if they are clear. The ear must be clean. The nose must be a little wet. Then the puppy is healthy. If you look at the puppy and is not active better reconsider. Shih Tzu's coat is quite hard to take care. Need a lot of time to comb it. Shih Tzu will not shed hair unless got some problem with the skin or eaten something salty.

Buying dog from pet shop could be risky. Better consider properly before buying.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

yarfen

Jun 29, 2005, 5:37 PM

Post #9 of 40 (5670 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] Have u seen this--biewer yorkshire [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, thanks for your advice..actually i did read some thread on this forum saying that buying a doggie from pet shop could be risky, but kuching here quite hard to get a good breeder.because they seldom make advertisement on news paper, even got, also large breed puppy..so far i never see shih tzu breeder advertisement here. also, not many sarawakian in this forum too, i hard to find anybody to ask..Frown but i wouldn't rush to get one la..will think properly b4 i buy.

any comment on female(yaya) or male shih tzu?i now have one female terrier(the one in the picture) which stay indoor.another 2 male doggie stay outdoor..they play too rude, so i didn't mix yaya with them. so my bf think to buy a shih tzu to accompany yaya..since we dun have much time for her during weekdays.

darenong
Enthusiast

Jun 29, 2005, 7:09 PM

Post #10 of 40 (5661 views)
Shortcut

kitconnie gives good advise on how to take care the shih tzu .. i would recommend this breed but since u alreadi have a terrier ..why not consider getting a male terrier ?
about choosing the right shih tzu .. i dont really know how but it is advisable that u can see the parents of the puppy before u choose the puppy ... usually puppy will grow up much to be like thier parents .. watch carefully for the parents temperament and also the puppy's energy level ... if possible ask questions to seller regarding medical histroy and LOOK at the MEDICAL CARD for the health history if got .. u might get wat u want to know ... shih tzu fur need to be combed so that it wont get tangle up which eventually ended to be trimmed .... u can always cut the shih tzu's fur to puppy look(short) or keep the fur long for some nice photo sessions .... female shih tzu is harder to get nowadays especially registered ones ... or its expensive ... how much is it selling in sarawak ?
good luck in your decision !

Buying from pet shops expose the puppy to sickness viruses which some some can be airborne. Example of a deadly virus are heartworm and flu viruses ...there are cases where puppy have distemper problem and died within 10 days after brought back to buyer's house ... Always ask for returning option if u buy from petshop or make some security arrangements ... so good luck in making the right choice!

(This post was edited by darenong on Jun 29, 2005, 7:14 PM)

yarfen

Jun 29, 2005, 8:07 PM

Post #11 of 40 (5653 views)
Shortcut

thanks for your advice ya...so useful..
why choose shih tzu ah..my bf always prefer those long and white coat breed lo..he also dream to get westie la..but too expensive and i think imposible to get in kuching also.. but that is our dream dog, i will work hard and save money to get it..Tonguesomemore that one we saw really a very cute shih tzu puppy.

i think to buy male terrier also la(maybe one year later, just dun want keep so many puppy at the same time and now haven't work yet..cant afford too many doggie..Crazy)..but since my bf like shih tzu..so..as he like lo..but i am the one who take care of them la..he only will sayang2 them, so all my doggie not listen to him one..especially YaYa, always bully him, that's why my bf not prefer terrier liao..haha..Tonguehe likes those quiet and obedient dog, i think shih tzu is quite obedient all the time..??

the one we saw is female shih tzu puppy, not registered one, they sell for rm330. i never saw registered shih tzu b4 here even in pet shop, so i dun know the price for the registered one..i did saw some shih tzu in another pet shop last time, they sell on rm450(as the pet shop owner say, still can be less, but i din ask since i din plan to buy last time, not sure male o female too). and some other places also sell around rm300-rm400. maybe next time i can ask the price for the registered shih tzu la..then i let u know..em..people here quite strange, they sell male puppy higher price, as when i bought my YaYa, they offer for rm480, but the male terrier offer for rm680, both not registered one.Frownas they told me, people here prefer male doggie..

my yaya is not from the pet shop, but some sort of pasar malam,that uncle is middle person that help his friend to sell the puppies. o maybe i can go back to that uncle n ask about he know any shih tzu breeder o not hor..

anyway, i will let u know how is my searching later..

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jun 30, 2005, 5:14 PM

Post #12 of 40 (5642 views)
Shortcut

Last time there is a person from Sabah actually bought a silky from me and I send over to him by plane. I think is quite ok. Just have to pay RM200 for the air plane.

Normally I will prefer female rather than male is because male will mark your house. Female dogs most of the time will be more well behave in general.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

darenong
Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2005, 6:57 PM

Post #13 of 40 (5635 views)
Shortcut

its so cheap ler the puppy there ... over here in KL/Selangor u cant get a unreg puppy below 500 ! all will be above 500 for breeds like shih tzu male or female ....
hey since ur bf likes long coat .. he can consider maltese too or silky terrier ... both ar quite obedient depending u know its temperament cos not all dog in 1 breed is the same but generally their temperament can be predicted ... also provided u don cage them all the time and only let them out once a while .. or let them out for a while .... hope din confuse u ... Laugh

yarfen

Jul 1, 2005, 3:58 PM

Post #14 of 40 (5619 views)
Shortcut

yup..Sabah is always welcome penninsular doggie, while sarawak government ban the peninsular doggie b4 this. but the ban on import of dog and cat from Pen. Malaysia is just lifted now, effective 20 June this year. However, there are conditions to follow and the animal still need to be quarantined from 1 to 6 months depending on the compliance of import conditions. it's very kesian to quarantine the doggie so long time le.

maybe u can have a look on this thread where i posted the new rules of import doggie from penninsular to sarawak.

http://www.puppy.com.my/..._reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

yarfen

Jul 1, 2005, 4:25 PM

Post #15 of 40 (5617 views)
Shortcut

maybe people here prefer large breed gua..so the small breed puppy is quite cheap. i like maltese la!white n cute..Frown but my bf prefer shih tzu more lo..he just say no feel towards maltese..hehe..Tongue but i prefer maltese more actually..Frown

silky not white colour one ma..n i think my YaYa is quite look like silky already lo..some people say she is silky mix..but i duno la!hehe..Blushterrier breed very stubborn one la..hard to teach..but very smart..oh..too happy to share, this morning my YaYa go to pee pee and poo poo on the paper that i prepared for her...after my 2 days hard work to train..i sooo HAPPY!!!!my bf also say amazing!!b4 this i just let her simply pee and poo in the house..Frown i never cage YaYa la..she sleep with me one..but did cage her for this 2 days, coz wan to train her pee and poo on the paper lo. but after she really being trained, will let her out again.Frown

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jul 1, 2005, 5:29 PM

Post #16 of 40 (5614 views)
Shortcut

Yes that is right the quarantine is suppose to be for 1 month. The quarantine is really not that bad. So not to worry about it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

yarfen

Jul 1, 2005, 5:40 PM

Post #17 of 40 (5608 views)
Shortcut

never went to the place for quarantine here b4, so dun know the condition there..will go there and have a look if one day i plan to bring back any doggie from penninsular..Tonguemaybe my dream westie.. hoho..Tongue

darenong
Enthusiast

Jul 1, 2005, 6:35 PM

Post #18 of 40 (5604 views)
Shortcut

sabah and sarawak are known to some country to be rabies free and are welcome to export from sabah sarawak to thier country .. maybe thats why they ban peninsula animals ? since the ban is lifted its great for pet owners !!!! Frown

yarfen

Jul 1, 2005, 6:59 PM

Post #19 of 40 (5601 views)
Shortcut

yup, according to the officer that i email, the rabies virus is the main problem..even now the ban is lifted, but there still need a 1-6 months quarantine.. so i also cannot bring my YaYa back for holidays..since i always go back for only a week time..kesian for her to stand for 1 month(or more) quarantine just because of that 1 week holiday..

Sydney
Doggyman

Jul 4, 2005, 2:44 AM

Post #20 of 40 (5588 views)
Shortcut

Hehe, i've read about sum1 saying that it's a mix between a shih tzu and a yorkie. But i didnt know it's a pure breedSmileuntil i read read and read for a few times to understandSmile.

You can translate the german to the english version. There's a link there so u can translate. I would like to have one of this but where 2 get 1?

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

darenong
Enthusiast

Jul 4, 2005, 9:04 PM

Post #21 of 40 (5586 views)
Shortcut

hey sydney ... i think this web can help u translate german

http://dictionary.reference.com/translate/text.html

Frown

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jul 5, 2005, 4:31 PM

Post #22 of 40 (5579 views)
Shortcut

I am sure you will get one from the pennisular. Westie are quite expensive. If you plan to get one from penninsular maybe you can consider getting one from outside of the country.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

yarfen

Jul 5, 2005, 5:35 PM

Post #23 of 40 (5572 views)
Shortcut

sorry ah..i never keep the translator link..i will just use google to search when the time i wan to use the online translator..Blushanyway, i think darenong have give u a translator website already.. i never try this translator b4, but i have tried others translator which the translated outcome always not so accurate. it just what they translate make no sense.

1stly i also thought that they are mix breed la, because it is so unbelievable that 2 yorkie can come out with this so beautiful and look so different cuttie.Smile that is really amazing!!Frown

yarfen

Jul 5, 2005, 5:47 PM

Post #24 of 40 (5571 views)
Shortcut

yup..i know westie is very expensive there.. but they are really attractive to me..so i have to work hard and keep money lo.. gambatte!!!Laugh

get it from foreign country ah..em.. i just knew that import doggie from australia is dun need quarantine one.. will check for the price there 1st.. one of the petshop owner here have just import a pair of MS from australia..they are sooo cute!!! i think they might be the 1st pair of MS in kuching.. coz i never see this breed b4 here.. the petshop will keep them and breed them.. they are cost around RM3000++ and without cert.. i cant imagine how much their puppy will cost...Pirate

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jul 6, 2005, 6:00 PM

Post #25 of 40 (5565 views)
Shortcut

Yes Australian dogs doesn't need to go through quarantine. I have a MS in too. Normally local MS is only around 1100 to 1200.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my