hmm..just wondering..

einochan
Enthusiast

Jun 22, 2005, 7:57 PM

Post #1 of 23 (2146 views)
Shortcut
hmm..just wondering.. Can't Post

hieya,

i was just wondering, is it safe for me to go help in PAWS alone? are the workers there mostly males? i want so much to go help but this has always bugged me Unsure

i adopted my first dog from there 7 years ago, and she's still with us! wonderful dog! so if any of u've been there recently, let me know if its safe for a lady to go there alone...

thanks!

Laugh My dogs own me - Hunter, Sandie, Duchess and Boy. Sadly missed - Toffee (13/3/00 - 24/4/05)
Sadly missed - Duchess Nov '98 - 1 Nov '06

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jun 22, 2005, 9:47 PM

Post #2 of 23 (2138 views)
Shortcut
Re: [einochan] hmm..just wondering.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi !

Yes its safe to go to paws alone. There is a lady caretaker there called Noraini so please do not hesitate to help out. I used to be there often too but not of recent months due to work commitment and others activities.

PAWS need all the help they could get and with the change of comittee member they have turn to be so much better but still need ppl like you and me to support them as n when needed.

cheers,
minglmy

einochan
Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2005, 8:19 AM

Post #3 of 23 (2102 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] hmm..just wondering.. [In reply to] Can't Post

hie!

sounds good, think i'll make my way there sometime later this week. i have some time in my hands so it'll be good. i've been wanting to do this for a long time but always something holding me back. hope i'd really go this time (and not end up shopping or something!)

thanks ming! is that your name? which year did u graduate in taman petaling? who knows..we might know each other..lol

cheers and rgds

Laugh My dogs own me - Hunter, Sandie, Duchess and Boy. Sadly missed - Toffee (13/3/00 - 24/4/05)

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 23, 2005, 8:48 AM

Post #4 of 23 (2100 views)
Shortcut

einochan

It is great to hear that there is somebody who wish to contribute to these poor animals. well, i have been there recently and what i discovered is the place had changed much better. maybe is due to the change of comittee?

the workers there very sayang the dog, and i can see they try their best to put more cages for pups, but still hope no putting to sleep...

if u do drop by there, do tell us about ur experience ya.Tongue

Yang

Regards,

Yang

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jun 23, 2005, 5:26 PM

Post #5 of 23 (2086 views)
Shortcut

Hi !

Yes ming is my name :) I graduated in 1995 what abt u ? well, I'm planning to go to PAWS sometime next week either on saturday or sunday. Care to join in ? this time got no excuse of not going with a date with me over at PAWS LOL !

cheers,
minglmy

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 23, 2005, 7:41 PM

Post #6 of 23 (2075 views)
Shortcut

minglmy

hope that you can share your experience & encourage more ppl volunteer there ya, i notice you know a lot of people here

Yang

Regards,

Yang

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jun 23, 2005, 9:15 PM

Post #7 of 23 (2067 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] hmm..just wondering.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Leecy,

experience n encouragement is not needed if you have the "heart" to do things for the dogs as your conscience will prompt a person to do things either by helping in terms of money or otherwise.

Knowing ppl in PAWS or not is unrelated too. What I know is the dogs n cats there is in need of help by anyone and everyone days in days out.

Action speaks louder than words.

cheers,
minglmy

einochan
Enthusiast

Jun 24, 2005, 6:40 PM

Post #8 of 23 (2026 views)
Shortcut

Frown leecy nd ming!

i'm planning to go there today, a little later. will bring old newspapers there i think. will see how it goes.

ming, u graduated 1995? means u're 2 years older than me Tongue yea..maybe i'll join u next week..we'll see how. got JT anytime soon ah?Frown

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 24, 2005, 7:20 PM

Post #9 of 23 (2020 views)
Shortcut

minglmy

yah, this is very true, learnt about this a little ready. Tongue

Yang

Regards,

Yang

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 24, 2005, 7:25 PM

Post #10 of 23 (2019 views)
Shortcut

einochan

i think you will feel the big difference there Tongue

Yang

Regards,

Yang

einochan
Enthusiast

Jun 25, 2005, 1:55 AM

Post #11 of 23 (2000 views)
Shortcut

ming and leecy!

i just came back from PAWS. spent about 4 hours there earlier. there's 5 burmese workers there and some of them are really friendly. i met dr nadzariah, mr edward and mr charles there. they were really nice and helpful Wink i didn't do much today la. just went there and played with the dogs and refilled their water bowls. the pups fought alot..and it was really cute to watch them.

i got all muddy and dirty! hahaha..luckily i was just wearing flip-flops so i didnt mind getting a little wet. i was muddy from top to toe but by the time i was heading home, everything dried out so i could still drive without dirtying the seats and steering wheel

there was this lady i met. she had to bring her dog to PAWS about a month back because she was moving into an apartment. sigh..she says she comes every week because she feels so bad for leaving her dog there Frown she was crying...sigh..poor lady.

well, it was a really wonderful experience for me and enrishing too..i'll definitely go back next week. bring more newspapers and maybe some dog food. dr nadzariah was telling me to try to come up with something to encourage people to adopt. any suggestions?

people, i'd like to encourage everyone to try to give some of their time to these animals. they lack human love and affection..Frown

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 25, 2005, 11:54 AM

Post #12 of 23 (1984 views)
Shortcut

einochan

Do you snap any photo of animals there? well i think it will help if you post some photo & tell ppl got what animals to adopt. Smile

Yah. do you went to the cage at the back where there are many cats? Me & my gf clean up the litter boxes before but i think the litter wood they are using is too dusty, anyway we dont mind & we do clean up but this had stop others from cleaning.. erm, do you realise that or i think too much? Tongue

hmm... do you realise any difference there?

Yang

Regards,

Yang

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jun 25, 2005, 6:38 PM

Post #13 of 23 (1977 views)
Shortcut

PAWs is working on some programs to make the adoption program to have a better adoption rate. As a dog lover, you get to see lots of happy and sad moments at places like these....

Glad that you enjoyed your experience there :) uncle charles is a nice fella too.

cheers,
minglmy

Liz Tay
Dog Kichi

Jun 26, 2005, 1:11 AM

Post #14 of 23 (1964 views)
Shortcut

Hi leecy

just to say that we realise the cat litter is too dusty but that is all that has been available from the present contact.

Next week we are getting in a new type from a commercial supplier, more towards shavings, which is being bought and delivered - but like many things we just have to try and see what works best for the cats and for the cleaning. PAWS would love a new supplier of FREE woodshavings (not dust) but we have no working lorry to carry it. Sawmills will often give free but you have to go and bag it and transport it yourself. Not easy without a lorry.

If you wish to help, do you know of any sawmills (not too far from PAWS) that may have supply for us? Please ask around family and friends for contacts. Then at least, when we get wheels, we can fetch it if this new supply proves too costly.

Thanks, Liz

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 26, 2005, 6:57 AM

Post #15 of 23 (1950 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Liz Tay] hmm..just wondering.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Liz Tay

ic.. actually i really understand PAWS' situation & i am glad to see the condition there is turning much better.

hmm... as i am juz a student, i dont have much contacts. anyway, i know some pet lovers, will always ask for help whenever i can.

Liz Tay, are you always at PAWS? sorry as i dont really intro myself to the people there. juz like to go there clean up then sit there whole day watch at the animals. Tongue

Yang

Regards,

Yang

Liz Tay
Dog Kichi

Jun 26, 2005, 4:44 PM

Post #16 of 23 (1934 views)
Shortcut

Hi Leecy

Yes, please do ask around for the timber sawmill contacts. You may be surprised who your friends' parents are or who they know!

I am a volunteer and have no fixed times at PAWS these days. Sometimes I am there for some reason or another almost every day - it just depends. You can always ask the lads or the office staff if I am around. Otherwise Edward, the new office manager, is a good person to talk to if you want ideas on what needs doing.

Thanks, and hope to bump into each other at PAWS one day!

Liz

(This post was edited by Liz Tay on Jun 26, 2005, 4:45 PM)

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 26, 2005, 5:16 PM

Post #17 of 23 (1927 views)
Shortcut

Liz Tay

I always see a foreign lady at PAWS, is she a volunteer too? she is very kind.

Yang

Regards,

Yang

einochan
Enthusiast

Jun 29, 2005, 7:40 AM

Post #18 of 23 (1875 views)
Shortcut

Frown everyone!

its nice to know there are many people who care much for animals. sigh, i'll be going there again soon. hope to see one of u there! Frown

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 1, 2005, 6:22 PM

Post #19 of 23 (1848 views)
Shortcut

Wink ... I think the foreign lady you see at PAWS is LIZ ... *Sly* ... and YES ~ she is kind!

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Jul 1, 2005, 6:23 PM)

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 1, 2005, 7:31 PM

Post #20 of 23 (1841 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] hmm..just wondering.. [In reply to] Can't Post

surchinmy

oh, so i think i talked to her few times ready! hehe, im very secretive 1 leh, always go there but never introduce myself 1, hehe.. last time when maha gang is there, i criticise them til i kena shoot back half dead! thats y i need to be secretive, hehe..

Yang

Regards,

Yang

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 5, 2005, 7:18 PM

Post #21 of 23 (1798 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy, Liz Tay] hmm..just wondering.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Well ... think things have changed for the better since "those days" ... so ... hopefully your suggestions are better received now ...

Do introduce yourself to Liz ... Smile

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Jul 5, 2005, 7:19 PM)

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 12, 2005, 10:13 PM

Post #22 of 23 (1741 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] hmm..just wondering.. [In reply to] Can't Post

surchinmy

yah, i agree things really turned a lot better, & MOST of the ppl there are good. Smile

Yang

Regards,

Yang

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 14, 2005, 2:46 AM

Post #23 of 23 (1711 views)
Shortcut

Glad you think so too ... Cheers Smile

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my