Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
Newbie in d forum..! I'm a Shih tzu lover... :)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jul 7, 2005, 4:44 PM

Post #51 of 73 (793 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aricalaw] Newbie in d forum..! I'm a Shih tzu lover... :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes what you mention is true sometimes buying from petshop doesn't mean they are bad. It depends of where the dogs come from. Sometimes a good petshop might get unhealthy dogs from a bad breeder that we won't know. The shop in petaling street is the worst petshop there is in KL. Lucky your dog is still healthy until now. Almost half the time the people who bought dogs from this shop lost (dead) their dogs.

Just one point I will add in. The petshop in Taipan is quite good I will say but I seen some bad dogs there as well. Free jabs is a must no matter you got it from breeder or petshop. Taking a dog to the vet and check doesn't necessarily will tell you if your dog is sick or not. Some pet shops give some medication to their dogs to keep them "look" healthy. No one can tell if the dog is unhealthy. Most likely is after you bring back the dog for 2 or 3 days then you will really know.

If you are looking for quality dogs the best is still getting from reputable breeder.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jul 7, 2005, 4:46 PM

Post #52 of 73 (789 views)
Shortcut
Re: [michellechen] Newbie in d forum..! I'm a Shih tzu lover... :) [In reply to] Can't Post

No problem. If you have more question please feel free to ask. If I can answer you will try my best.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

aricalaw
Novice

Jul 7, 2005, 5:43 PM

Post #53 of 73 (776 views)
Shortcut
Re: [michellechen] Newbie in d forum..! I'm a Shih tzu lover... :) [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Thx 4 ur comments... Ur puppy is REALLY, really cute... Wht's her name? Sh'e Sooo adorable... How much u bought her 4?

Her name is KIKI. Smile I bought her for RM 900.

ARL

aricalaw
Novice

Jul 7, 2005, 5:49 PM

Post #54 of 73 (775 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] Newbie in d forum..! I'm a Shih tzu lover... :) [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
The shop in petaling street is the worst petshop there is in KL. Lucky your dog is still healthy until now. Almost half the time the people who bought dogs from this shop lost (dead) their dogs.

Yes, I agree, there are the worst! Only thing is they have so many dogs there, that's why people likes to go there and just select. I was like that too, got 'CONNED'. One day, I was there, one of the Shih Tzu was inside one of the glass compartment, on the top portion. Somehow I think they didn't close the glassdoor properly, and the glassdoor opened while the puppy was leaning on the glassdoor, and all I heard was a loud sound hitting the ground!!! My god! He's so small, and fall from such a high place, I was so worried the other one will fall down too and just went to catch it in time, while the guy there just pick up the puppy and put him back. Me and my mother kept asking, don't you have to examine the dog and see if he's okay? He just said, "well, he looks ok, he's still playing. If he's playing, means he's ok" Mad I was so angry. From then on, I know they don't know how to take care of the puppies there. ARL

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 7, 2005, 6:01 PM

Post #55 of 73 (775 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aricalaw] Newbie in d forum..! I'm a Shih tzu lover... :) [In reply to] Can't Post

aricalaw

i agree with you, no matter it is from petshop or breeder, as long as the condition is good, it will be better. there are good petshop, there are bad breeders as well. Wink

Yang

Regards,

Yang

BoyGeorge1
Dog Kichi

Jul 7, 2005, 8:44 PM

Post #56 of 73 (771 views)
Shortcut

The other day I went to Taman Desa park (every Saturday - a lot of ppl bring their doggies there either for jalan jalan or for training ....) I saw a lady with 3 shihtzus .... two pretty big and l smaller one ... seem to be very active and aggressive ..............

My cousin sister has a ShihTzu - very lovable - she kept her ShihTsu's hair very long -- wellmaintained.... very nice and long ..not easy to jaga when one is working full days job ...... she is a housewife so not so bad ... got plenty of time to do dog grooming....

He who cheers me up when I am down
He who comforts me when I am sad
He who brightens up my day ............

MisterStan
Doggyman

Jul 8, 2005, 1:24 AM

Post #57 of 73 (769 views)
Shortcut

hihi

what color is your shih tzu ?

aricalaw
Novice

Jul 8, 2005, 5:56 PM

Post #58 of 73 (762 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] Newbie in d forum..! I'm a Shih tzu lover... :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Kiki is tri-colour. White, brown and grey.

MisterStan
Doggyman

Jul 8, 2005, 6:12 PM

Post #59 of 73 (755 views)
Shortcut

ic ic.. hehe.. all shih tzu's r cute when they r small and even cuter when they are big..

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jul 8, 2005, 7:46 PM

Post #60 of 73 (749 views)
Shortcut

The owner of the petshop is irresponsible. They won't care for the dog. What they wanted is profit and that is all that matters. That is the reason some of the dogs are sick and they quickly sell them away before anything happen. Luckily dogs are prone to hit themselves here and there, most of the time they won't get hurt. The people of the shop doesn't really love the dogs just wanted to sell them.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 8, 2005, 10:21 PM

Post #61 of 73 (743 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] Newbie in d forum..! I'm a Shih tzu lover... :) [In reply to] Can't Post

connie

hmm... i have to agree there are lots of petshops are looking for profit, which business didn't? & sadly there are as u said dont care abt the dogs, juz care abt profit that is bad & disgusting! Mad

anyway there are petshop owners who love & care for dogs too, for eg. i met 1 at sunway, she sayang every of the dogs at her petshop, & dont mind to sponsor food for stray dogs as well.

my humble opinion is, to but a dog, breeder or petshop is not the main consideration, the important thing is is the person who sell u cares abt the dogs. Smile

Yang

Regards,

Yang

aricalaw
Novice

Jul 12, 2005, 5:42 PM

Post #62 of 73 (736 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] Newbie in d forum..! I'm a Shih tzu lover... :) [In reply to] Can't Post

My Kiki just passed away yesterday morning, from Parvo Virus. It is all my fault, I didn't take good care of her. I think she must have infected the virus from the Pet Shop during boarding. I heard that there are many parvo virus going around now, so for the time being, don't bring your dogs out, to the clinic or to the pet shop.

I brought Kiki to the clinic immediately when she had diarhhae, but the vet said that she only had large intestine infection. When she became weaker and started vomitting the same day after I got her back from the clinic, I could not wait any longer and brought her to the animal hospital immediately, and they tested her parvo virus positive within 5 mins, and that was Sunday. Just yesterday morning, she lost the battle.

To everyone out there, I want to let you know, that don't bring your pets for boarding at anywhere, not even the clinic. The safest place is the animal hospital, they are very professional and careful. They even asked me for the clinic I went to to make sure they clean their place immediately since I brought my dog there. Imagine, if the clinic wasn't informed and someone brought their pets there to the clinic, what would happen?

And, if your dog is sick, do bring to the animal hospital, not the clinic, as the clinic doesn't have the proper equipment for accurate diagnosis.

Frown NOW I WANT MY KIKI BACK!!! Sob sob....

peck_gek
Novice

Jul 13, 2005, 9:21 PM

Post #63 of 73 (727 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BoyGeorge1] Newbie in d forum..! I'm a Shih tzu lover... :) [In reply to] Can't Post

hi BoyGeorge1

may i know wat breed is yr puppy?

thks... peck_gek

Ich_liebe_Puppy
Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2005, 9:47 PM

Post #64 of 73 (722 views)
Shortcut

So sorry to hear the sad incident. Hope to get over this difficult moment quiclky n thankks for the reminder. May God be with you.

michellechen

Jul 25, 2005, 1:33 AM

Post #65 of 73 (694 views)
Shortcut

Omigod.., I'm SOoo sorry 2 hear tht... Poor Kiki... Unsure

Which pet hospital did u brought Kiki 2?

Then izit safe if v buy cage or playpen fr petshop? If sum of d pets in d petshop is infected by virus, is their stuf clean n safe 2 b used 2? Sorry 4 askin such silly question, I'm really clueless bout all all these... Better 2 look like an idiot now than 2 regret later...
-michelle-

aricalaw
Novice

Jul 25, 2005, 5:32 PM

Post #66 of 73 (683 views)
Shortcut

Thanks Ich.

Michelle, I brought her to the Animal Medical Center at Jalan Tun Razak. Very professional there. I suggest that if anything happen, or just for vaccination or checkup, don't go to pet shop because if they can't detect any previous dogs have any parvo virus or other viruses, and they treat other dogs next, it's just soo.... I don't know. I lost my confidence. The AMC had to inform the clinic I brought her to about this and asked them to clean up the place quickly, but thinking about other pets going there after me and before they clean up, just make me so worried.

For Parvo Virus, it's only transmitted through direct contacts with the faeces of the infected dogs. So if the toys, stuff or whatever touches it, and then other dog came in contact with those toys and stuff, will also get it. So just to be careful in this. Other types of virus could be airborne.

BoyGeorge1
Dog Kichi

Jul 26, 2005, 5:58 AM

Post #67 of 73 (672 views)
Shortcut
Re: [peck_gek] Newbie in d forum..! I'm a Shih tzu lover... :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi

BoyGeorge is a maltese - he is about 6+ months old now -- his fur is supposed to grow to be about 8 inches long or so when he is an adult -- he has no undercoat though so when he is damp / not so dry - he looks so small and fragile.

Goldii
Dog Kichi

Jul 26, 2005, 6:12 AM

Post #68 of 73 (670 views)
Shortcut

Hi aricalaw,

So sorry to hear of KiKi We know how you feel as we lost Xiao Mei's Dad in February and we

still grief our loss. We were away and just got back (back to this site too).

Please read about BARF. Nature's care is still the GREATEST!! There is No other way to care for

your dog. Believe me. We made many mistakes on Goldii. We gave Goldii the best that we 'think'

it was good for him. Do not forget, all animals are created by nature. We 'think' we know better.

Xiao Mei is 100 per cent on BARF. No drugs, No antibiotics, No biscuits, No supplements, Nothing

artificial . If I have a choice, I would not even give Xiao Mei her annual jab! A weak immune system

in animals and even in humans, is VERY dangerous.

(To all those who want to convince me otherwise, please do not react to this.....I will not respond

.....we are still grieving ) BARF-ing on Xiao Mei gives us hope. You got to see her health!!!!

Pls do call us 012-218-3308 Klang

Regards,

Goldii

peck_gek
Novice

Jul 26, 2005, 8:46 PM

Post #69 of 73 (643 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BoyGeorge1] Newbie in d forum..! I'm a Shih tzu lover... :) [In reply to] Can't Post

hi

BoyGeorge got MKA? he looks so cute ..

i bought a puppy fr a pet shop, the pet shop ppl told me tat the pappy i bought is maltese. but as i know, isn't maltese fur is not so thick & more er? and the size is small ma..

and my puppy...money now is 6 mths, male, weight: 4kg. his' fur is thick and fluffy. i don't think he is maltese. how do u think? can u giv me some comment? wat breed is my puppy?

thanks...

BoyGeorge1
Dog Kichi

Jul 27, 2005, 5:55 AM

Post #70 of 73 (636 views)
Shortcut
Re: [peck_gek] Newbie in d forum..! I'm a Shih tzu lover... :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes - Boy George has got MKA. I bought him for RM1,680.00 from pet shop - he was s adorable and I could not resist -- so I bought him loh! - the cert says his name was originally NgBoonKhim Mario -- urgh! what a name! I called him Boy George instead.... I think Boy George's weight is around 4 lbs-- but then I have not weigh him since two months ago. The last time he was weighed at the vet was two months ago and he was only 2.8 lbs then

Your pup look like Maltese alright -- but at 4 kg or 4 lbs? he is more or less the same age as my maltese.- what about his fur - is it long - it should be long with no undercoat - so when he is wet (after bathing) he should looked only as big as a chihuahua - but with his fur all fluffy - he would look at least double the chihuahua size

peck_gek
Novice

Jul 28, 2005, 12:32 AM

Post #71 of 73 (626 views)
Shortcut

hi,

ya..when money' body is wet, he is small.Sly but money's weight really at +-4kgs. george boy's weight is 2.8Ibs?? that means only 1.3kg? but george boy looks more weight er...? em...mayb the actual size is small than the size which i look at photo.

i wish to c more george boy's photos, mind to share with me?
ya, he looks attractive. no wonder u could not resist to buy him. how is george boy temperament? for my money, he is very naughty and active.can't stand er.. i hv 1 more shih tzu, 1.5yrs old, he is well-behaved

cheers!

(This post was edited by Admin on Jul 29, 2005, 3:27 PM)

lovlyn
Novice

Aug 9, 2005, 7:03 AM

Post #72 of 73 (613 views)
Shortcut

i'm so sorry about your Kiki...i just bought my new shih tzu Coco...she was pretty deprssed when i bought her back but she's more lively now just homesick that time.....i was also afraid she was sick...

i have some experience with pet boarding too...i also bought from the pet shop in petaling street...i don't anymore...it really is the worst...most of their puppies are from thailand i think...

don't be so sad...maybe later can get another puppy lor...

Sydney
Doggyman

Aug 23, 2005, 11:43 PM

Post #73 of 73 (604 views)
Shortcut

What? he's fine but he have weird habits like breakdancing on my mum's, sis and my bed. And he'll do his crying face on it. Is this normal?

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my