is my pug okay???

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

ahdrew
Novice

Jun 21, 2005, 6:59 AM

Post #1 of 31 (4499 views)
Shortcut
is my pug okay??? Can't Post

its happen too sudden... my daddy bought a female pug home last nite from thailand.. she is with a thailand cert... but without written anything but just the vaccine date.. chop.. n the code number sticker... n this is the first time i take care of pug.. i need a lot of advise .. n examine for me whether is my puppy okay or nto... here are some of her photo.. n please advise me what kind of diet... and training way for her?? issit easy to train??? when only i can train her.. she is 8 weeks old now..

[

(This post was edited by ahdrew on Jun 21, 2005, 7:03 AM)

darenong
Enthusiast

Jun 22, 2005, 4:16 AM

Post #2 of 31 (4472 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ahdrew] is my pug okay??? [In reply to] Can't Post

why not bring to vet and listen to what they have to say about bringing in dogs from thailand, usually they dont really charge for consultation but i think not all vet the same? ? u might be suprise might not ... i recommend u do more research on the breed and how to handle ... there r tonnnnnnnes of info on the web !!! good luck and keep the pug progress posted !

FrownFrownSimba - the Shih Tzu kingFrownFrown
http://spaces.msn.com/...lt&_c=photoalbum
Dogster me! @ http://www.dogster.com/?156485

Pets they said are men's best friend. Are men pets best guardian?

Sydney
Doggyman

Jun 23, 2005, 2:07 AM

Post #3 of 31 (4438 views)
Shortcut

HiFrowni may not own a pug but a dog owner has alot of responsibilities. Go to the vet for her regular check up. Or weight her some times so u can see the differences. If she's over weight, ask the vet about her diet.

b4 your dad bought your pug, what kind of food has she been eating? Probaly the dog will stick to the old normal food until old.

Oh ya, you can still train her bcs she is still youngSmile(donno how long it takes to train a pug)

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

ahdrew
Novice

Jun 23, 2005, 7:15 AM

Post #4 of 31 (4430 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sydney] is my pug okay??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Anyway.. my pug is having flu now.. my vet advise me to feed her mendicine day n night once... n the diet.. let sugar( my puppy's name) take as much as she can... when she stop.. leave the food.. dun force her to take it....... but then.. sometimes.. she poo a lot during night.. this is okay la.. but last nite.. she din poo .. n i care of her in the morning untill she poo.. but... few hours later.. she throw out... vomit..... issit normal for a puppy to vomit once a while???

i giv her the puppy food( small meat in a pack that worth RM 1.50) n together with bread....is this okay??

Shinya

Jun 23, 2005, 8:11 AM

Post #5 of 31 (4429 views)
Shortcut

I saw the pic that u put her in a basket right? Buya carte for her, So she will not run everywhere~ And DON'T GIVE ANY FOOD TO HER BESIDE PETFOOD~ Now she is still young, can't take too much other food, put hot water with the biscuit, so it will not be too hard, how old are she now? If she still keep vomit, bring her to vet, maybe she ate too fast so vomit or ate too much, try to give her less but few times, so she will not be too rush, feed her like 3-4times a day... If she still vomit, pls go to the clinic~ and also those meat, don't give them always, will make their mouth smelly and don't eat biscuit, that time u will be broke~ ahahahahaha~ anyway hope this will help you~

and join our fans page at www.facebook.com/Lolipet

chrisong
Doggyman

Jun 23, 2005, 8:26 AM

Post #6 of 31 (4427 views)
Shortcut

How come you put ur pug inside the basket? Go buy a proper crate or fence for her. That the first thing you need to do.

If you are worry about her health please don't wait anymore. Bring her to a vet to check her up.

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jun 23, 2005, 4:53 PM

Post #7 of 31 (4420 views)
Shortcut

Hi welcome to the forum.

Normally a healthy dog will not just vomit. When they vomit something is not right better check with your vet. There is a vet in bandar puteri, puchong which is quite good. You might want to check it. If she has gotten flu is best to give her some clothes to wear on. Normally pug eat a lot like my pug can eat 3 meals a day and won't stop.

As for dog food please don't give her the RM1.50 dog food there is no nutrition in the food. Please go to a pet shop and ask for good pet food. Normally I feed my dog with Nutro Choice. Eukanuba is fine for pug as well. Please don't buy brand like alpo or pedigree brand that is very bad for dogs.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

ahdrew
Novice

Jun 23, 2005, 5:45 PM

Post #8 of 31 (4407 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Shinya] is my pug okay??? [In reply to] Can't Post

thx for caring of her.. anyway.. im looking for a cage now.. i find out normally the cage for a pug takes about RM200 right?? im checking the price now.. it was so sudden my dad bought it home without any sign... n today is just her 4th day in my house...

anyway.. i bring her to see vet before.. i got mendicine for her every day n night... her meal is around day 1 time... night 1 time... issit okay?? the RM1.50 is just the meat with some watery stuff(not biscuit or cookie.. n its very veyr small packet.. 1 meal already took half packet gone..).. anyway.. i dun really see any other food suitable to her... err.. bout the dog food cookie.. if i mix with warm water still okay.. if i just giv her with cookie.. she will takes hours to finish few cookie.. coz her teeth very small now.. any idea of what food i should feed her???

oh ya... she takes her meal very very very fast.... is that the problem she vomit?? i think so.. so i hav to feed her 2 times(split the food) in an hour??? oh ya.. n how many time usually a dog poo in a day?? i only take care of her poo after her meal.. coz i keep observing her aftre her meal.. she really poo.. but sometimes she still poo at her sleeping place.. i cant manage to look at her 24 hours.... Last question.. is puppy poo always in watery form?? or like a healthy dog poo.. in a mount shape form??? my puppy alwyas giv out watery poo..

shirelo
Dog Kichi

Jun 24, 2005, 12:40 AM

Post #9 of 31 (4398 views)
Shortcut

Hi, ahdrew!

I have a pug too, now she about 5 month++.
Remeber, the first time i bring back my pug from my friend. She's smaller than yours. That day, after i came back from work, i found out my pug is very weak, has flu & high fever, Frown bcox my friend forgot to remind to cover the crate (bcox is my 1st time to have a dog & i live in condo, very cold). I bring her to pet shop to look for help bcox that time all the vet clinic were closed. Everybody said my pug will died soon. I'm so worried, & blame myself not a good mum. Lucikly, my friend told me to bring my pug to the pet shop in Sri Petaling, he will help me. Lucikly, the owner of pet shop has the medicine, he feed my pug some medicine and foods, about an hour, my pug can stand up. we were so happy. He gave me some medicine & told me how to take care my pug. Now, my pug is a super active gal. Laugh

Do u feed ur pug with milk & Nutri-Mat everyday? I feed my pug 3 or 4 times a day. Bcox I wan my pug grow fatter. Dun feed ur pug with human food! Frown

(This post was edited by shirelo on Jun 24, 2005, 12:42 AM)

shirelo
Dog Kichi

Jun 24, 2005, 12:46 AM

Post #10 of 31 (4394 views)
Shortcut

Pug won poo watery like diaherr. Depend wat u feed him. Dun feed human food. Frown

Feed him, dog milk (can buy in pet shop) with soft dog biscuits.
Frown

Always keep ur pug clean. Frown

Evon Tan
Dog Kichi

Jun 24, 2005, 1:41 AM

Post #11 of 31 (4387 views)
Shortcut

Hi! Can i know you stay where?? If you stay in KL, so i can a introduction a pet docktor for you, he is have experience of this case.
Normally the puppy below 4 months, i suggest feed her 4 times a day, every meal just give few only. If you feed the dog biscuit please put some water soaks until the biscuit soft. Please buy a Vitamin C for your dog, i forget the name, i think is call Nutrimat, this packaging like the toothpaste, yellow colour, the price is allow RM18-RM21.

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jun 24, 2005, 5:23 PM

Post #12 of 31 (4379 views)
Shortcut

Feeding a puppy is best to feed like 3 times a day. When you pug reach around 4 months old feed 2 times a day. After your pug reach 1 year old feed once a day. Pug can eat a lot so if you just give as much as you want most likely your pug will be like 10kg+

Give her dry dog food is good. Just mix with some warm water to soak it for 15 mins before feeding that will help. Don't give her the meat type of food is unhealthy. The type of dog food is important as well. Best to get some advice from pet shop or vet. Don't just simply give any food. When your dog poo is watery something is not right. Dog must poo nicely not too soft.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

ahdrew
Novice

Jun 24, 2005, 5:51 PM

Post #13 of 31 (4375 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] is my pug okay??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Nutrimat.. i heard of that before.. i hav 2 dogs... the 1st dog took that before.. becoz i adopt it from SPCA n he is very very weak when he reach home.. we feed a lot of nutrition stuff.. and a lot of attention.. now he is strong..

for my 2nd puppy, sugar. i brought her to vet(2nd time .. 1st time is becoz she flu).. n the vet said she is food poisoning... that why poo watery ... right after that.. i go to vet... n buy some puppy food... i hav 2 kind of puppy food now... 1st is meat with liquid.. 2nd is puppy biscuit... last nite i feed her with puppy biscuit with warm water. but she just drink all the water... n the biscuit.. take a bit only... i refill some water.. she drink all somemore

anyway.. i think i wont feed her 4 times a day.. 1st i dun hav time to look after her 4 times a day... i wake up at 7 ... feed her n take care of her poo training untill 8.. then come back in the evening... dinner time.. n then wait she poo again... before sleep.. look at her again.. see whether wann poo o rnot.. thats all.. normally day time.. only my maid look after her... n dun feed her.. coz dunwan she to poo.. is this okay???

p/s : is bread okay for a dog???

pingpong
Novice

Jun 25, 2005, 10:44 AM

Post #14 of 31 (4352 views)
Shortcut

Hi! Welcome to the wonderful world of pugs! They are so adorable. As a puppy, I fed pingpong 3x a day and he was fed with royal canine. They are lots of other brands of dog food around and it is very IMPORTANT to start them with good food. It is the foundation of their growth. Recomended brands would be royal canine ( a bit expensive ), eukanuba ( Pingpong is eating the senior lamb and rice ) and blackwood ( haven't heard anyone complain about it, I am now using it for my border collie look alike mongrel, Milka and my JRT look alike mongrel,Momo ) and I mix Science Diet can food for Milka and Momo.

As for the poo, it is very IMPORTANT to monitor their poo, watery poo is not a good sign especially to pups Sugar's age. It would lead to dehydration which can kill and it could be parvo virus which you want to avoid. Early symptoms are depression, loss of appetite, vomitting, high fever and severe diarrhea. Poo can be either grayish or fluid and bloody. SEEK treatment IMMEDIATELY. While waiting to seek treatment, feed pup with lots of fluid like chicken soup ( only the soup ) and 100plus without the gas or rehydrating salt drinks. Parvo can still attack pup who are vaccinated. I know this because just lost 9 dalmatian pups because of this. Just be careful.
Pingpong pooed every 4 hourly when he was a pup. He was 3 months old when I got him. I know that because I had to set the alarm so that I can put him back to his pen to poo. That was how I house trained him.
It is not neccesary for you to buy Sugar a cage. You may get a play pen if your maid doesn't mind cleaning up after each poo and pee. If she minds then get a cage where the poo and pee will be in a tray. This is temporary unitl they are house-trained.
Pugs needs attention. They crave for your attention. If you haven't time to spend with them, then it would be advisable to give it away to someone who has the time. They stick to you like leach. They are like your shadow.
Come join us at pug gatherings where you meet all the different shapes, sizes and looks of pugs and their owners. Information and stories of our pugs are shared freely and our stomachs are filled at this gatherings.
As for vets, I would recommend DR. Yeoh at Tmn Megah ( expensive but experienced ),DR. Irina Toh ( Puchong ), DR. Vijay ( Healing Room, Subang Jaya ), DR. Netto ( PJ Govt Vet ), DR. Khor, DR. Lau, DR. Cheng ( UPM Govt Vet ). The good thing about govt vets are they are not profit orientated. Cheaper than the rest but the waiting is like any govt body!
At the moment, the pugers are very busy at work and normally they will the first to answer your mail. I hope my information is sufficient for the time being. Always happy to help a pug. PUGS ARE FOREVER! Frown

Sydney
Doggyman

Jun 25, 2005, 9:32 PM

Post #15 of 31 (4339 views)
Shortcut

If your dog got flu, well that's common for a dog. Sidney(dog name) had a flu a few days ago but he recovered.

Vomitting once a while.... it's common but the dog have to take some grass to soothen the throatAngelic

Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

ahdrew
Novice

Jun 26, 2005, 5:28 PM

Post #16 of 31 (4333 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pingpong] is my pug okay??? [In reply to] Can't Post

anyway.. i always feed sugar with puppy dog food with water.. mean soak into water for 5 mins.. then let her take it .. n i wanna train her for not simply eat thing.. so .. everything i hav prepared my food.. i hold her for long time... when i release her.. i say "take" .. so that i wish she only eat thing when i say take.... is this okay???

i bought a cage for my sugar... it may cheap ... RM 75.. voyage 400.. DOGIT brand..but i think its suit sugar ... but sugar doesn't dare to go in.... even though i bring all her stuff in.. but 5 mins later.. she took all out again..( i use some board to block the wet kitchen..s o that she has space to run around when we are busy.. anyway.. ill post sugar's playing space later..

im so glad that sugar know when to poo already... last nite n this morning.. i let her take her meal alone... but i see from far.. after she finish.. she walk around.. n pee poo on the newspaper... hehe... it save me so much work... i wish she understand all my teaching.. hehe... if i wanna train her peepoo after meal.. 1 day 2 meal.... HOW MANY TIMES A HEALTHY PUG HAV TO POO??? 2 times after food?? 4 times a day?? last nite she poo 2 times after meal...

ahdrew
Novice

Jun 26, 2005, 8:07 PM

Post #17 of 31 (4332 views)
Shortcut

this is her new home.. n toilet...

see how pretty she is.... hehe

see how poor she feel.... thats y .. i use a board to block her .. so that she dun run anywhree.. but can in n out her home...n toilet

Enjoy ..everyone.. any comment or extra opinion??

ahdrew
Novice

Jun 27, 2005, 2:03 AM

Post #18 of 31 (4317 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sydney] is my pug okay??? [In reply to] Can't Post

What kind of thing i hav to extra careful.. for example. .beagle hav to take care of his ear... n pug?? i think the layer of his mouth always dirty ... is that any other problem happen on pug??

err.. .what kind of treat i should buy for my puppys?? or not neccessory to buy treats for a 2 months pug?? if u dun mind.. please show me a picture of it.. becoz im quite new on those brand stuff...

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jun 27, 2005, 5:06 PM

Post #19 of 31 (4303 views)
Shortcut

I think that is still fine to feed at least 2 times a day. No worries about your puppy eat too little. Sometimes after they are sick will eat less later should be ok. If you notice your puppy drink a lot of water that is not a good sign. It could be your dog is not healthy. Don't feed your dog with bread. No human food at all.

Pug are prone to skin problem so you must make sure it is clean always. Must clean the area around the face and also the body where the skin is folded up.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

(This post was edited by kitconnie78 on Jun 27, 2005, 5:15 PM)

ahdrew
Novice

Jun 28, 2005, 8:19 AM

Post #20 of 31 (4276 views)
Shortcut

can i know any reasonable pet shop around subang area?? or ss2??

i bought a IAMS treats for my little sugar.. she likes it a lot...

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jun 28, 2005, 6:41 PM

Post #21 of 31 (4272 views)
Shortcut

In SS2 there is a pet supply shop called sea park pet supply. You can go and check it out. It is a wholesale shop and is cheap. A lot of products too.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

ahdrew
Novice

Jun 29, 2005, 6:09 PM

Post #22 of 31 (4249 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] is my pug okay??? [In reply to] Can't Post

haha.. im buying my goods there so far.. but i wonder if there another better shopkeeper and better price or not.. seems to be okay.. hehe...

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jun 30, 2005, 5:17 PM

Post #23 of 31 (4235 views)
Shortcut

The shop that I mention they are big whole sale shop. The price is really cheap. Most of the pet shop in KL get their supply this shop so it is a little cheaper than normal pet shop. The lady boss in the shop is a very nice person. If you are new comer she will surely help you out and give comment.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

Sydney
Doggyman

Jul 4, 2005, 3:23 AM

Post #24 of 31 (4203 views)
Shortcut

Pugs mouth are like that. It's normal bcs my dog also like that i guess, i cant see well. I think the layer if for the teeth if the theeth gets to big for the mouth so then got another layer. Or it's just dirt(can wipe it off)

For pugs... hmm.... jaga them properly. Dogs from any age except the ones which havent opened their eyes and left a few weeks old cant eat the snacks. They're too young to eat. But from 5 months - any months and above can eat the snack.

The brands stuff ar.. Laughyou can find them at any petshops or the hyper market. Those famous brands of snacks such as purina, jerhigh and pedigree are always sold at the hypermarkets. You just have a sharp eye to spot those.

Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

lilo_pug
Novice

Jul 5, 2005, 2:14 AM

Post #25 of 31 (4191 views)
Shortcut

Hi, your Sugar is so cute, she looks just like Lilo when we just got her. She is going to be 2 years old soon.
Well, pug is an adorable dog. But you have to tolerate with their shedding problem. Most pugs are double coated. SO they shed a lots. Besides this, they can't tolerate to the hot weather. Should be kept indoor with ventilated environment. Last few months, the air quality here was so bad, my Lilo suffered from sneezing and coughing. Scared me to death, I brought her to the vet. Luckily she's OK. Just need to keep the air circulate inside the house, especially when the air quality is bad= hazy. Remember not to bring your dog out for walk when it's hot, and don't expect them to walk too long, they can't take it. They will pant heavily. They tend to pant more and pant louder than other breeds. I think you know this. Their eye is very fragile lor, because it "pop out". So be extra careful. My lilo has a small accident last year, she hit the door accidentally, and hurted her eye, she couldn't close her eye, then we sent her to vet, the vet had to stitch her eyelid together to make her eye closed. luckily she's OK in 10 days.
Anyway, you can search through internet, lotta information about pug.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my