Red spot on my puppy's belly

megnus
Novice

Jun 19, 2005, 3:37 AM

Post #1 of 10 (3391 views)
Shortcut
Red spot on my puppy's belly Can't Post

hi,

My litter (beagle) is only 10 weeks old. Last night he sleep outside of the house (usually sleep inside the hse) in the crate on my car porch. The next morning when i wake up i notice there is numbered of red spot on his little bro to belly part. anyone experienced this before? please advise..

chrisong
Doggyman

Jun 22, 2005, 5:24 AM

Post #2 of 10 (3369 views)
Shortcut
Re: [megnus] Red spot on my puppy's belly [In reply to] Can't Post

Orgaderm Spray

Product of Spain, 125ml.

The perfect solution for dogs skin disorder.
100% organic extracts from plants, fruits & seeds. No Chemicals.
Non-corrosive, non-cancerous & Mutagenic, non-toxic, non-irritant, no-side effect, biodegradable.

Has antibacterial, (G+ &G-bacteria) antifungal & antiviral properties. The organic components have moisturing, keratolytic, keratoplastic, antipruritic effects & provide the proper nutrients, such as peptines & amino acid for the dermal cells to regenerate & accelerates the healing of wounds. You can see powerful effects within a week.

Ingredients: Ascorbic Acid, Plamitic Acid, Mannose, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Glycerol, Peptines, Amino Acid, Citric Acid & Quercetin.

Indications: Pruritus, Acute & Chronic Dermatitis, Eczema, Seborrhea, Hot Spot, Superficial Folliculitis.
Dosage: Spray directly onto the skin with the lesion twice a day for 2 weeks. For maintenance, spray thoroughly on to the skin once every 2-3 days.

Delta_gate
Novice

Jun 22, 2005, 7:53 AM

Post #3 of 10 (3363 views)
Shortcut

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please try this out first!!! Before you send your dog to the vet and spend more $$$. It is highly possible that it is mosquito bites... My dog had a similar problem and he is a breed that have very very short hair. Go to a pharmacy and get this mosquito repellent called kellis only RM10. Spray on your hands before applying them cos most dogs don't like to be sprayed with any liquid... every night before you go to sleep. Check on him after a few days... trust me!!! I had spent close to RM1000 on medication, injection, food supplements etc. before I found out it was just mosquito bites..

Yours Truly,

Bobby Tan.

megnus
Novice

Jun 24, 2005, 1:10 AM

Post #4 of 10 (3348 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Delta_gate] Red spot on my puppy's belly [In reply to] Can't Post

hi bobby,

Thanks for the advice. It really works. The red spot on his bottom part start to get faded

since last nite.

Delta_gate
Novice

Jun 24, 2005, 5:48 AM

Post #5 of 10 (3334 views)
Shortcut

Glad to have helped! Skin problems are such a headache and heartache! Had such a bad experience with my dog, all this while i was blaming this and that and finally found out it's just blardy mosquito bites... hahaha... Loving your dog is really like taking care of a baby sometimes...

But hey... dogs are the only animals in this world that loves you more than it loves itself...give them a little and they give you back a lot!

Take care...

spooky
Novice

Jul 12, 2005, 7:58 AM

Post #6 of 10 (3268 views)
Shortcut

Hi Bobby,

My dog has red spots too....suspect they r mosquito bite. Mosquito repellent u say...won't your dog lick it ...is it harmful to dogs?

Au Revoir,

Spooky

In Reply To
Dear Sir/Madam,

Please try this out first!!! Before you send your dog to the vet and spend more $$$. It is highly possible that it is mosquito bites... My dog had a similar problem and he is a breed that have very very short hair. Go to a pharmacy and get this mosquito repellent called kellis only RM10. Spray on your hands before applying them cos most dogs don't like to be sprayed with any liquid... every night before you go to sleep. Check on him after a few days... trust me!!! I had spent close to RM1000 on medication, injection, food supplements etc. before I found out it was just mosquito bites..

Yours Truly,

Bobby Tan.

Delta_gate
Novice

Jul 12, 2005, 5:48 PM

Post #7 of 10 (3260 views)
Shortcut
Re: [spooky] Red spot on my puppy's belly [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there, this product called Kellis which you can get in a local pharmacy is supposedly made from natural ingredients (extracts from trees) so it should be harmless to dogs. Anyway my dog hates the smell, he just wants to get rid of it instead of licking it! hahaha...

Actually i am now using another product. I've installed an electric mosquito repellant which is odourless & smokeless so better from me dog and less tiring for me :> .... maybe you can try it. I am now using this product called mortien and i put it on timer for 8 hours a night (timer sold seperately can get at ikea). The product only costs RM18.00 and a refill is only about RM8. Once refilled it lasts for 60 nights. It works. By the way I bought this product from tesco.

Hope it helps. :>

Cheers!

spooky
Novice

Jul 12, 2005, 7:44 PM

Post #8 of 10 (3258 views)
Shortcut

Hi Bobby,

Merci Merci moi will go get the electric mosquito repellant tonite itself. Me poor dalmatian got bitten all over "sacre bleu". Merci again.

Au Revoir,

Spooky

In Reply To
Hi there, this product called Kellis which you can get in a local pharmacy is supposedly made from natural ingredients (extracts from trees) so it should be harmless to dogs. Anyway my dog hates the smell, he just wants to get rid of it instead of licking it! hahaha...

Actually i am now using another product. I've installed an electric mosquito repellant which is odourless & smokeless so better from me dog and less tiring for me :> .... maybe you can try it. I am now using this product called mortien and i put it on timer for 8 hours a night (timer sold seperately can get at ikea). The product only costs RM18.00 and a refill is only about RM8. Once refilled it lasts for 60 nights. It works. By the way I bought this product from tesco.

Hope it helps. :>

Cheers!

woof
Dog Kichi

Sep 28, 2005, 7:13 PM

Post #9 of 10 (3129 views)
Shortcut

Hey Delta,

Just wondering, me dog is having the same problem too, got little little spot on the under belly, tot of bringing her to Vet tonite. I too suspect it to be moskito bites, how do we differentiate between moskito bites and skin problem ?

Isit by regularity, frequency of growth around the skin n overally ?

Have not spotted any red spot on the skin part wif Fur yet, any comments ppl ?

Thanks.

In Reply To
Dear Sir/Madam,

Yours Truly,

Bobby Tan.

Yours in the World of Animal,
Woof Woof

Delta_gate
Novice

Sep 28, 2005, 8:16 PM

Post #10 of 10 (3122 views)
Shortcut
Re: [woof] Red spot on my puppy's belly [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm affraid it's difficult to tell whether the red spots are actual mosquito bites or something else. I think the most important thing is to examine your dog's parents.. are they both prone to skin problems? Did your dog recently came in close contact with any strays?

If you suspect something serious then it's better to send your dog to the vet. If it's not something really serious then try the mosquito repellent and monitor for a few days. If conditions did not improve then better hurry to the vet.

Hey I love to hear how people such as yourselfs care so much for your dogs... jolly good!! But please acknowledge my intentions is to suggest and help and you should always seek professional advise from your vet.

Warm Regards....

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my