Home: Breed Specific: Gundog Group:
New Pup Lab... Need Pointers ^^

streal0410
Novice

Jun 18, 2005, 7:15 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1029 views)
Shortcut
New Pup Lab... Need Pointers ^^ Can't Post

i am getting a new pup lab... any advices for me be4 i get them in a few weeks time?? about the vaccination... i need to gif em straight away or on the 6th month???

streal0410
Novice

Jun 20, 2005, 8:43 AM

Post #2 of 5 (1006 views)
Shortcut
Re: [streal0410] New Pup Lab... Need Pointers ^^ [In reply to] Can't Post

by the way... any1 thing in particular i can do about the chewing a? cuz if it chew a lot... then my comforter and blankets which usually long and it'll dangle means... chew chew chew and i'll be frozen solid... hahahaha... anything i can do to prevent that other then making my bed by folding the comforter instead of lying it nicely like hotel??

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Jun 23, 2005, 4:25 PM

Post #3 of 5 (975 views)
Shortcut

new pup...wah so nice. enjoy cause they grow very fast.

ok the shot. normally you will get the pup when he is 8 weeks. actually no need shot until 3 weeks to 1 month after. just during this time, dont bring him out of the house, dont expose him to other dogs. normally the mother's milk will protect him from disease. if you get from breeder and he is no more nursing with his mother, then give him the 1st shot straight away. not sure, ask your vet, but pls dont bring your doggie to the vet in fear of infection.

chew chew, pls buy him toy for him to chew, if he wants to chew your bed, just give him his toy, sort of like trade in like that. don't "biasa" him on your bed if you dont want him to chew your sheet. young pup need to be trained but too young, don't train so hard yet cause you want to build a bond first. let him has his way, instead of correcting him, pick him up and put him down from the bed and give a toy. maybe a week later, you can teach him "no".

he will always try to nip you and puppy's teeth very sharp but dogs communicate with their mouth. pls dont slap your pup till he goes "flying" across the living room. patience is the key. practise make perfect. they are like little children, say 1000 times then it will get inside their head. pls remember that dont let the dog run your house, it's your house and he has to live by your rules. also he is going to grow big, so it's also best to start simple training early.

have fun!

p/s - i love puppy's breath!

streal0410
Novice

Jun 24, 2005, 4:55 AM

Post #4 of 5 (962 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelsey] New Pup Lab... Need Pointers ^^ [In reply to] Can't Post

hehehe... flying across the room??? i dont think i got the heart to do that... mayb i'll just push the pup away from me la... :P i dont mind the dog on my bed... but i think i need to toilet train it first... be4 my bed become... a swamp :P

toys... i'll get a few a few days be4 i get the pup :P hehehe.. looking forward to the pup la... so bloody anxious :D

about the shot... i dont think it is advisable to like... let him out be4 3 motnhs old or the second vaccination right??? it is still on mummy's milk now~ and the breeder will give the first jab~ but my neighbour have a pog... pariah 1... i takut la... later kena anything from my neighbour's dog... u think its good to let my dog stay in my house then leaving him outside a? cuz my neighbour's dog might just come over... as there's a hole soemwhere near the fence :( i dont want to let him out le~ hahahha

anyways... thansk for telling me :D ppl hee are so kind =]

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Jun 24, 2005, 4:33 PM

Post #5 of 5 (957 views)
Shortcut

actually best keep your pup in the house after the first jab. wait for 1 month and give the 2nd jab.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my