First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

chyme
Novice

Jun 16, 2005, 4:35 AM

Post #1 of 126 (4700 views)
Shortcut
Buying a BT Can't Post

Hello,

I am getting a BT and I would like to know what should I be aware of. Things like how to know whether the dog is of pure breed, any illness,

whether the dogs have been vaccinated, dewormed and so forth. What are the things that I should look out for before I make my decision to buy the dog?

Any advise anyone?

Cheers!

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Jun 16, 2005, 8:39 PM

Post #2 of 126 (4681 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chyme] Buying a BT [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Chyme... BT a Miniture or standard BT? Where r u from? I'm from Penang.

The common problem seen on BT is skin problem, but this problem is not really a problem if you maintain the cleanliness of the cage, try not to feed your BT with beef or beef products as according to the vet, this might be the reason causing BT skin problem.

BT is cute and energetic, they need lot of exercise as well.

My friend has a BT with "One Eye Jet" marking selling for RM2500.00 and another "One Eye Jet" selling for RM1900.00 only. Both are male pups (2 months old)

chyme
Novice

Jun 16, 2005, 8:55 PM

Post #3 of 126 (4680 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kevin Chuan] Buying a BT [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

I am frm Klang. Actually I saw this advertisment on the star papers and this guy is selling his BT. I think it's standard one. I will be meeting him this sat and I just want to know what are the things that I should be looking out for. Whether it is a pure breed and so forth.

Where about is your friend? Is he/she still selling the BT? Is it possible for me to have a look? If the dogs are in Penang then I will have to forget about it.

Cheers!!

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Jun 16, 2005, 10:28 PM

Post #4 of 126 (4674 views)
Shortcut

Well... the pups are in penang.

Ok, the BTs that commonly seen in Malaysia are in white colour, or white with black marking. It is very hard to find a BT with colours like brown, brindle or yellow in our country. BT that with pure white might have hearing problem or may be deaf, this is due to the genetic problem.

So when you buy a BT pup, try to test it by trickle you finger softly beside its ear, if it respond to the trickle sound that means it is ok, if not don't buy it. The most expensive BT I saw (local breed) were sole at RM2900.00 in Penang, in KL may be more than that... it was a one eye jet male pup. But if you talking about a import BT, the cost will be much much more highier, example; My friend bought a BT from Thai, with cert (I don't know how he got it with local import license and certificate even this breed has being banned many years ago) at RM7k +. This dog names NICK, it is white colour and no marking at all.

In KL, this breed will cost around RM1700.00 to RM2800.00 depends on the marking. I owned 1 BT many many years ago and unfortunately she is not suitable for breeding due to its heart problem, she died 7 years ago. I'm now into American Staffordshire Terrier.

Hope these could help. good luck!!

chyme
Novice

Jun 17, 2005, 12:28 AM

Post #5 of 126 (4670 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your info.

Actually, the other day I called up this guy that sells BT frm the papers too... but he is selling it for RM4K!!!!! SO expensive ler... really over my budget... I really cannot afford to buy that.....

Actually my friend had a BT too, but i think the dog ran away or got "dog-nap" cause my friend's dog like to follow other ppl and likes to jump into other ppl's car. So i think it was very easy to "dog-nap" him. Poor thing... but he was so so cute!

Cheers!

ERN
K9 Maniac

Jun 17, 2005, 1:05 AM

Post #6 of 126 (4668 views)
Shortcut

Hi

BT nice breed, i will sure get one when I have bigger space. now packed with westie and AST leow.

look properly, get the one that you are really like.

Kevin have a friend with 16 BTs of which 2 are "tua pok toh" leow. Klang lang know hokkien rite? miss that one you got 2 more chances at least.Wink

Can you imaging 16 BTs luan luan chao luan luan zhong luan luan zh'ng at you garden???!!!! Hua!!! end of the world men!

keep us inform, when you got the BT and share with us your experience. o.k.

Frown

View my photo album

last update, ZEUS & Shiki's 2nd off springs, 16/09/2008. Yes 9.16!

http://s56.photobucket.com/...%20Zeus%20N%20Shiki/

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g192/ERN2/Dogs

(This post was edited by ERN on Jun 17, 2005, 1:13 AM)

chyme
Novice

Jun 17, 2005, 1:35 AM

Post #7 of 126 (4661 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ERN] Buying a BT [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Yeah sure I understand ler... Klang mah.....

Anyway, I dont know whether I will get the BT or not, cause I have to wait for the seller to call me. He is from Taiping one, but he said he will come down to KL to show his puppies. IF he really comes down and I can find a suitable one I will definately get it. Else, I can always keep Kevin's fren's BT in my mind. If I really want it, may b I will drive all the way down to pg to get it. At least now I know who has BT, and where to get it.

Cheers!!

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Jun 17, 2005, 7:46 PM

Post #8 of 126 (4653 views)
Shortcut

Hi chyme,

That guy from Taiping want to sell his pup for RM4K / pcs, he must be crazy!!!

You can actually pay for 2 pups if you get from me at that price. I notice that most of BT breeder are from northern... do you think so?

chyme
Novice

Jun 17, 2005, 9:50 PM

Post #9 of 126 (4647 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

The 4K one is another seller... he told me the BT's parents are from Australia and Philipines.

This taiping seller said his BT is from Uzbekistan, Russia, Thailand and another country I forgot what's the country already. Taiping seller is selling about 1.8K ler.... so I think it's so much cheaper. I am waiting for his call/sms on whether he will come down to KL or not this Sat.

Yeah I think alot of BT are from Thailand... dont know why.... issit a popular breed there?

Your friend dont sell his BTs in KL? only in Pg?

How do I know whether the puppy has been dewormed, or vaccinated or not? I scare after I buy 2 mths then mati how? Or how do I know whether it's pure breed or not? Nowadays I am looking at a lot of BT puppy's pic. Hehehe... hopefully I can see whether it's pure breed or mix breed.

Cheers!

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Jun 17, 2005, 11:49 PM

Post #10 of 126 (4639 views)
Shortcut

Well a BT pups will look exectly like its parents... their unique look makes then very easy to differentiate whether it is a pure BT or a mix BT. Remmenber if you are buying a pure white BT at RM1900.00... that to me is expensive.

Lots of BT breeders claims that their dogs are from XX country or parents imported, then you may ask them to show you the certificate or import permit by Jabatan Haiwan Malaysia, how true will it be...??? I have no commands.

To me, if I want to buy a BT, I will look at the parents... 1. The parents; whether its head narrow enough, tail, marking, and overall body build-up. 2. The pup must be active. 3. No hearing problem 4. If you are buying a male pup, check its testicle (must have 2)Wink... don't play play har... after its can't mate in the future.

You may ask the owner whether the pups has already vacinated or de-wormed or not... for vacination (double vacination is OK) but dewormed have to consult the vet (afraid the pup may can't take it if you double dewormed)

OK, we have a semi-pro in the forum into BT... he is Jack_MBT... try to get his advise if you wish to know more on BT.

chyme
Novice

Jun 17, 2005, 11:57 PM

Post #11 of 126 (4636 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Hey thanks a lot for your advise... hmm... but I dont think I am able to see the parents wor... cause the parents will be in Taiping....

Anyway... I am waiting for the guy to call/sms me ler... until i got a reply from him only I can see the pups... as for now.... I have to wait lor.....

Wait for the weekends for my good news ler.. keeping my fingers cross!

Cheers!

vinkuan
Enthusiast

Jun 19, 2005, 8:44 AM

Post #12 of 126 (4626 views)
Shortcut

hey, i have seen those BT that u are goin to buy, i personally visit his place, very nice pup, but there are only 2 pup with nice marking (at least to me) both of them with one eye jet, my fren bought one of it, i brought him there, which is a male, so it only left one female one eye jet bt there......hope u get that one, if u think of owning a dog for 10 years compare to 3 hours drive to taipaing, i think 3 hours drive is not that hard...pay a visit to his place to look at those pup dam and sire, remember, a tiger can never be born by cat, make sure u a get a nice pup from a pair of nice BT

did i mention those bt that i visited have dam from rusia and sire from thai???and they are located in taiping beside a kedai runcit

===================================

Photos.......(Last Update- 08/09/05)
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gordenthebox/

chyme
Novice

Jun 20, 2005, 8:10 PM

Post #13 of 126 (4610 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinkuan] Buying a BT [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

No wonder he never replied my sms ler.... sigh ! He didnt come down, so I didnt get to see ler.. wow... his pups all so laku ar? So now

left one only lor... sigh !!! I've never been to taiping b4 mah... after get lost how? INstead of 3 hrs become 30 hrs...ekkekek

Anyway, I am glad that your friend got one of the pups ler... may be I will have to wait for next time lor. Unless, he calls me la.... sigh !!!

I envy your friend so much... you should call me to go together also mah!!!!!

Cheers!

Jack_MBT
Enthusiast

Jun 25, 2005, 10:16 AM

Post #14 of 126 (4587 views)
Shortcut

Hey Kev.... I like that Semi-Pro BT ...Frown

Hey very sorry bout the Pups deal, was trying to push him to let go but seems like his daughter got attached to the pup.
Will cont ' to stir and push him a liitle bit, should have give hime the money when he said ok the other day .... hehehe.

Hi Chyme... u are from Klang ar ... me too wor. !!! am at Bayu what bout you. ..??? May be we should meet up one day...!!! Frown

In Reply To
Panda is COOl.......Jack the GREAT !!! :)

http://photos.yahoo.com/johnny_ooi

chyme
Novice

Jun 26, 2005, 4:43 AM

Post #15 of 126 (4578 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jack_MBT] Buying a BT [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Oh... Bayu arr.. quite near my place lah.. I am from Happy Garden. What dogs do you have now? I heard you are BT expert wor.... issit true?

Cheers!

chyme
Novice

Jun 26, 2005, 4:47 AM

Post #16 of 126 (4577 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Never mind about the pups ler... I am sure next time sure can get one... just a matter of time. May be now also not a good time for me to get one ler... Later ler.. no hurry .. until I can find the right BT.... heheheheh

Cheers!

Jack_MBT
Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2005, 6:28 AM

Post #17 of 126 (4575 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi,

Oh... Bayu arr.. quite near my place lah.. I am from Happy Garden. What dogs do you have now? I heard you are BT expert wor.... issit true?

Cheers!

Happy Garden ....!!!! cool. Expert of amateur yes Frown

chyme
Novice

Jun 26, 2005, 6:36 AM

Post #18 of 126 (4574 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Is that picture your dog? Do you still own an BT?

Cheers!

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Jun 26, 2005, 7:32 AM

Post #19 of 126 (4572 views)
Shortcut

Hey Peng yu... No problem lar... I still can go for Plan B... if not I have another option Plan C... hahaha... get your male to Pak Cheng with mine.

guess what?? glng675, ERN, his wife laypin and I met up today... we had a very long talk this afternoon, also took them to few pet shop in the island after lunch. We were talking about dogs the whole afternoon, but can't be perfect without you dude.

I'm going to KL next week monday... thats gonna be a one day trip, if your friend change his mind... give me a call then,. glng675 will help me on the Plan B anyway, if we make it, then I will be your Panda's Grandfather ... hahhah!!

Wish me good luck!!

Jack_MBT
Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2005, 6:48 PM

Post #20 of 126 (4570 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hey Peng yu... No problem lar... I still can go for Plan B... if not I have another option Plan C... hahaha... get your male to Pak Cheng with mine.

guess what?? glng675, ERN, his wife laypin and I met up today... we had a very long talk this afternoon, also took them to few pet shop in the island after lunch. We were talking about dogs the whole afternoon, but can't be perfect without you dude.

I'm going to KL next week monday... thats gonna be a one day trip, if your friend change his mind... give me a call then,. glng675 will help me on the Plan B anyway, if we make it, then I will be your Panda's Grandfather ... hahhah!!

Wish me good luck!!

Hey thats great too. So expect to see more AST contigent in no time. .....Frown

Jack_MBT
Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2005, 6:54 PM

Post #21 of 126 (4569 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi,

Is that picture your dog? Do you still own an BT?

Cheers!

Yes that's my AST, and yes i do have a BT but is a Miniature BT. Look the same just smaller in size and easier to handle.

Jack_MBT
Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2005, 6:58 PM

Post #22 of 126 (4568 views)
Shortcut

Hey Chyme, Classified from 'the star' selling BT wor from klang some more wanna take a look ar .... If you do pls give me a call we can go together ... 0. 1. 2 . 2 .7 . 7.
.3 . . 7.... 8 ....... 0 ......

chyme
Novice

Jun 26, 2005, 10:00 PM

Post #23 of 126 (4564 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Yeah I saw that too but I thought it meant Bull Terrier American Pitbull no ar?? I thought it was not BT wor... so I didnt call the guy to check.

WHat is Plan A , Plan B and Plan C?

Cheers!

chyme
Novice

Jun 27, 2005, 6:11 PM

Post #24 of 126 (4552 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Hey your dog in the pic wearing some suit issit? or issit like tat one?? Your MBT male or female? Ever consider to have generations for him/her?

I want to go see your MBT la...

Cheers!!!

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Jun 27, 2005, 8:11 PM

Post #25 of 126 (4549 views)
Shortcut

Hey chyme... you may fall in love with AST if you see it personally. AST is a great breed, it is tough, brave, adorable, active and love children... since you still get yourselve a BT yet... you may consider getting an AST.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my