Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
How to keep dog warm in winter outside?? house warmer??

Wozzza
Novice

Jun 13, 2005, 11:38 PM

Post #1 of 4 (419 views)
Shortcut
How to keep dog warm in winter outside?? house warmer?? Can't Post

anyone got any ideas how to keep a west white highland terrier warm in his dog house over winter where temps reach as low as 1 or 2 degrees celcius??

we cant have him inside the house else he will trash it and i dont wanna keep him in the cold in his dog house over winter.

he has a dog house that i have just lined with wool to help kepe him warm but i wanna keep him warmer by ways of some sort of heater or another method.

does anyone have any ideas for me?

(This post was edited by Wozzza on Jun 13, 2005, 11:41 PM)

ERN
K9 Maniac

Jun 14, 2005, 4:57 PM

Post #2 of 4 (395 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wozzza] How to keep dog warm in winter outside?? house warmer?? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi wozzza

not many ppl here own westie,Frown neither many ppl experient in taking care of dogs in winter. Most of the members here leave in just one sesson that is summer.

How old is your westie(s)?

Frown

View my photo album

last update, ZEUS & Shiki's 2nd off springs, 16/09/2008. Yes 9.16!

http://s56.photobucket.com/...%20Zeus%20N%20Shiki/

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g192/ERN2/Dogs

Wozzza
Novice

Jun 14, 2005, 9:09 PM

Post #3 of 4 (390 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ERN] How to keep dog warm in winter outside?? house warmer?? [In reply to] Can't Post

6 months. i wanna keep him warm but dunno how.

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Jun 15, 2005, 1:49 AM

Post #4 of 4 (381 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wozzza] How to keep dog warm in winter outside?? house warmer?? [In reply to] Can't Post

This forum is based in Malaysia. It is a tropical country that does not have have cold weather conditions. Temperatures are constant at between 28oC to 33oC.

I think you should get the help of an animal behaviourist to sort out your dog's destructive behaviour rather than find ways to keep him outdoors. In the long term it doesn't help your real problem which is your westie's behaviour.

In the mean time, if you have to keep your westie outdoors in winter, make sure that it's living area is draught-free and has some sort of warm air source that warms up the living area but the dog cannot knock over or get burnt by. A fan heater is good but is heavy on electricity consumption. Also make sure your westie has lots of warm blankets and a box to sleep in that has raised sides (westies like to be able to prop up their heads). Also make sure there is no bare concrete in the room. Concrete holds damp and this will cause arthritis in the long run for your dog. Cover all bare concrete with heavy cardboard and newspapers.

Which country are you in?

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my