Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
Please Help! Puppies out of control poo poo everywhere!

MargeSimpson
Novice

Jun 6, 2005, 8:53 AM

Post #1 of 8 (1425 views)
Shortcut
Please Help! Puppies out of control poo poo everywhere! Can't Post

Hi all ,

I have two 7 months old puppies named Sideshow Bob and Mr. Burns, you see the both of them are peeing and poo poo everywhere especially near the front door and almost just about everywhere especially in my room cos they sleep with me at night. How do I train them to poo and pee in the bathroom? I have tried wiping their urine with a cloth and wipe the cloth in the bathroom to leave their scent there but they still continue to do their business everywhere. Frown My parents are getting agigated with the smell and we are always fighting because of my pups. I love them both very much but i really dunno how to train them at all cos they dun listen and always just running around playing and chasing each other. Haiyoh!!!!Pirate

Toy
K9 Maniac

Jun 7, 2005, 1:43 AM

Post #2 of 8 (1405 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MargeSimpson] Please Help! Puppies out of control poo poo everywhere! [In reply to] Can't Post

sometimes, crating your dog is a good thing to do. of corse crating doesnt means all the time. this is bcs dogs normally wont pee or poo at the place he/she sleep, so if your dog sleep in the crate, once he is out from crate he will want to pee & poo. that is the time you will make sure he is inside the toilet until he finish doing his business. once he does it inside, you must praise him a lot & give him some treats. this will really help!

sallychuah
Canine Addict

Jun 8, 2005, 1:55 AM

Post #3 of 8 (1387 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MargeSimpson] Please Help! Puppies out of control poo poo everywhere! [In reply to] Can't Post

Helo,

U need more training to solve it. As they are puppies, they can learn more faster than older dogs so training would be very good for them. 1st really clean all those place that they used to do their business, each time after their meal, bring them to the toilet or the place u want them to do there. Try to bring them to toilet as many time as u can as puppies eat, drink and let it out more often them an adult dog. Show them, tell them, praise them if they do it at correct place. B4 u going to bed, take them to do it again, do not beat them, puppies cannot understand what u r trying to tell. Last but not least, be patient. Or get house breaking spray which can get it from pets shop. Good luck.

JuStiN'doGgIe
Canine Addict

Jun 18, 2005, 6:07 AM

Post #4 of 8 (1319 views)
Shortcut

erm, before u train them, u have to first know when is the time... usually pups will pee after sleep, play, eat... juz follow ur pups everywhere, or dun let them go too far form u... if they start to sniff around, quickly bring them to the toilet... if they did it right, praise them or give them treats... make sure u dun prasie them too much, just first few timesa enuf lkiao... if not they will expect u to prasie them everutie they did it... so reduce the praising n treats... hope my infos will help... good luck ya!

spooky
Novice

Jun 20, 2005, 9:13 PM

Post #5 of 8 (1299 views)
Shortcut

Bonjour,

I've got the same problem with my pup (3 months old), she would do it in the hall...sigh. So wat we did was to bring her out to the garden early in the morning, evenings, b4 going to bed at night and after meals. Situation have improved but she sometimes would pee in the hall. We tried using the spray but no success. We r monitoring the dog closely, so she would not pee in the house. Problem is she hates it when we leave her outside, she would be trying very hard to get into the house. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Wow u got 2 pups, quite a handful.

Au Revoir,

Spooky

pesky
Novice

Jun 20, 2005, 10:12 PM

Post #6 of 8 (1297 views)
Shortcut

Those are really interesting names for your pups. :) You will find many suggestions from many people with regards to toilet training. Please dont give up on your pups. They will learn in the end. Just a matter of how long and if you keep at it.

On another note (not meaning to discourage you or anything), for those who want to keep more than one dog especially if they are puppies. Try to get them one at a time. Allow the first one to bond with you rather than bond with the other dog(puppy) before getting the second one. Research has shown that by doing so they are more likely to listen to you.

MargeSimpson
Novice

Jun 21, 2005, 1:08 AM

Post #7 of 8 (1291 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pesky] Please Help! Puppies out of control poo poo everywhere! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi everyone!

Thanks everyone for replying my post but the truth is it's not working cos I've tried all the pointers. Please refer to my "Oh God! It's not working!" thread cos I tried everything but my pups are the same peeing and pooping everywhere. I am fainting here. Anyway Sideshow Bob was named that because of his ears that somehow remind me of Sideshow Bob's hair from The Simpson's show. Mr. Burns was named so because he's scrawny and he seems to have a very diabolitical face ehehehehehehe like always have his little plans of conquering more peeing and pooping spots! Recently apart from doing their crazy 'whole house circulated' dirty business, I noticed that Sideshow Bob is obsessed with yucky licking Mr. Burns 'arse hole', he just can't stop doing it to Mr. Burns like some possessed sex slave! (much like what Mr. Smithers from The Simpson's would fantasize of doing to the real cartoon Mr. Burns!) ehehehee

lapdog
Novice

Aug 12, 2005, 2:48 PM

Post #8 of 8 (1155 views)
Shortcut

Marge, at 7 months, you puppies are capable of holding it for many hours. First, get the peed on areas clean down to the subfloor. Order some good product online that has enzymes to destroy the urine smell.

Next, crate them at night and keep them on a leash all day, in the same room that you are in. Watch them and stop them from peeing by slapping a table and saying NO if you see them circling, sniffing or squatting.

Take them to toilet after eating, playing and chewing. Try to make it the same times every day. When they go, point to the spot and praise the spot they peed on. Act very happy.

If you are diligent and don't give up, they will be trained in a couple of weeks or so. If you find it too hard to watch two dogs at the same time, crate one and take turns letting them out.

Dont feel sorry for them and give up. This is only temporary. Once they are trained they can have their freedom and everyone will be happy. If you don't do it, if you give up, they will never train themselves.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my