Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Bringing my dog out of M'sia

boxfish
New User

Jun 3, 2005, 8:41 PM

Post #1 of 12 (1330 views)
Shortcut
Bringing my dog out of M'sia Can't Post

Hi, I am from S'pore, my wife is a Malaysian, she has a Golden back in Penang. Does anyone knows

what are d documentation work need to be done in order to bring her Golden to S'pore? Apart from

that, we also intend to get another Golden, where can I find a Golden's breeder in M'sia?

Thanks

Mandy_Goldie
Novice

Jun 4, 2005, 3:22 AM

Post #2 of 12 (1311 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boxfish] Bringing my dog out of M'sia [In reply to] Can't Post

HI,

Try checking out the "breeder list" on this website. I've just seen some really beautiful goldens there.

PSY
K9 Kaki

Jun 4, 2005, 4:31 AM

Post #3 of 12 (1309 views)
Shortcut

Hi Boxfish,

To export a dog to Singapore one needs to :

1. Get an Import License from Singapore, time to check your dog in 08:30 hrs to 10:00hrs, only on week days. Point to check in is Tuas.

2. Dog must be micro-chipped, check in with the goverment vet in Malaysia for a blood test whereby the blood will be send to Ipoh for screening and will be back in a week. Do note before you send your dog to the goverment vet, do make sure it has got all it's jabs, consult your vet on this matter. Apply for your export license. Puppy must be at least 12 weeks old.

3. Go to your own vet and get a general health report from him/her.

4. There is a time period you are required to take your dog into Singapore. so do plan well in advance because once you start you have to make sure the dog travel because you will be wasting your expenditure. The amount is not alot but it is still a waste.

On a personal note, do bring in your goldie but not advisable to bring in a pup unless that pup is very very special in terms of bloodline. The dog do suffer in quarantine which is a month. I must admit the dogs are not particular very nice, the times I have visited shows but on another note the obedience and agility training quality in Singapore is of the highest standard. There is no offence intended here but a personal observation. In fact my dog trainer is a Singaporean.

I exported a Weimaraner from Malaysia to Singapore, it is a very rare breed hence but a golden with no outstanding pedigree I would advise you to do that.

All the best do hope the above is of some help.

Toy
K9 Maniac

Jun 7, 2005, 12:27 AM

Post #4 of 12 (1279 views)
Shortcut

Try to adopt from shelters, they are pitiful...

boxfish
New User

Jun 9, 2005, 9:31 PM

Post #5 of 12 (1239 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSY] Bringing my dog out of M'sia [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Thanks for d info. I appreciate it

Kowie
ALPHA

Jun 10, 2005, 2:34 AM

Post #6 of 12 (1223 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

is the proceedure the same for exporting to the UK?

Frown Kowie, Ah Kow & Whitie Frown

PSY
K9 Kaki

Jun 10, 2005, 4:08 AM

Post #7 of 12 (1218 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kowie] Bringing my dog out of M'sia [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

The general procedure is the same. There are also people who can do it for you.

crystalyong34
New User

May 6, 2006, 2:12 AM

Post #8 of 12 (1091 views)
Shortcut

Hi

Could you mind telling who can help out with exporting dogs out of Msia ? do u know any agents that does it? I am planning to bring over my baby, a 4 year old Maltese over to singapore.

thanks in advance

PSY
K9 Kaki

May 6, 2006, 2:20 AM

Post #9 of 12 (1089 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crystalyong34] Bringing my dog out of M'sia [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Got a slight shock as my posting was some time ago, nevermind. Do give me a call at 019 231-1032 and I shall pass the infor to you or contact me at liteweimer @ yahoo . com As you may well be aware I cannot type the contacts on as it would be edited.

yeangsy
Novice

Jun 26, 2006, 8:39 PM

Post #10 of 12 (991 views)
Shortcut

hi there if Singapore is the country u want to bring your dog or puppy i got a few site which might help you.. Check them out and email them for the latest requirement just in case. Personally I think u need to plan your date carefully because dog entering singapore do require qurantine for 30 days. Beside that, they are quite costly too.

These are the website you shall need,

1. http://www.ava.gov.sg/...CAT293w_feeattd1.doc (singapore)

2. http://www.ava.gov.sg/...tedPrd/PetsPersonal/ (singapore)

3. agrolink.moa.my/jph/ (malaysia)

cutiejezz
Dog Kichi

Dec 21, 2006, 11:35 PM

Post #11 of 12 (822 views)
Shortcut

Hie PSY,

I've read through some post and you have some ideas on bringing doggie out of M'sia. I'll be going to US soon so do you have any ideas on helping me regarding this matter.

I love my furkid so much and i wouldnt want to leave her alone her..im seeking many many ways to bring her with me..I need your advice & help if you have any information for me.

Btw, are u still contactable via 019-231 1032?

ANyhow, i really HOPE someone out there can give me some advice onto this matter.

Thanks!!

PSY
K9 Kaki

Dec 22, 2006, 4:08 AM

Post #12 of 12 (813 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cutiejezz] Bringing my dog out of M'sia [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Yes, my number is the same do give me a tinkle.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my