Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Current Dog Related Issues and News:
Boy dies in hit-and-run while fleeing stray dog

nozzy
K9 Kaki

Jun 3, 2005, 6:14 PM

Post #1 of 23 (5533 views)
Shortcut
Boy dies in hit-and-run while fleeing stray dog Can't Post

There is another bad news for dog owners.

http://thestar.com.my/...21657&sec=nation

Nozzy

" Pantai + Chilli = Havoc"

jcjsjc
Novice

Jun 3, 2005, 7:30 PM

Post #2 of 23 (5522 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nozzy] Boy dies in hit-and-run while fleeing stray dog [In reply to] Can't Post

well.. we can only hope that people will not think that ALL dogs are gonna chase people, and that they will not hold us accountable for EVERY stray that bites or maul someone. Judging by the rules that are gonna be set, you would think that dogs are creatures of hell,,, or worse.

Sometimes i wonder if the public (and kids) should be educated on how to deal with dogs, and not only dog owners.

-----------------------------------------------------------
You know what? Barney's starting to show some sense..hehe..

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jun 3, 2005, 10:11 PM

Post #3 of 23 (5511 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nozzy] Boy dies in hit-and-run while fleeing stray dog [In reply to] Can't Post

well this kind of thing will continue happen if we dont become responsible to our pet..if you want a pet..keep them for live not when they cute only and then chuck them when they ugl..i sure walap this ppl in reallife..wassar!!!

Cheers ya,

Nicki the Devil live by the reputation of the name

boBby is a craz3 car PassaNger
Fat FaT other case Elegant Car GuEst
What make Me?
A LoYal huMan Driver.... Frown

NoBody is Prefect, Guess What i am Nobody
Nice to meet YOu

(Bobby+Nicky craze JT memBer)

BoBby San DogstEr
http://www.dogster.com/?158414

http://spykeaz-devil.blogspot.com/

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jun 4, 2005, 4:40 AM

Post #4 of 23 (5495 views)
Shortcut

Hmm.... I always get a feeling that these cases come about when the kids tease or call the dog..... I mean, I have comed across many many strays and neighbour's dogs ah, if I ignore or just stand still, the dogs will walk away.... if I call, they come towards me but if I scold them and look down at the floor, they back away..... I've been doing this since I was young, my dad thought me wan hehehehe..

But it's really a sad story, coz this time not bitten wor but chased till hit by car.... sigh....

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

sallychuah
Canine Addict

Jun 9, 2005, 12:13 AM

Post #5 of 23 (5467 views)
Shortcut

Sad... 1 son died still have 5 siblings, why worry.

I always see this kind of kids running around, teasing the dog then only the dog will chase, I always believe a dog won't simply chase a person or a kid. When I was a kid I always so scare a dog might chase me (I'm living in a kampung area) but each time I meet one, I'll either stand still or just pass through then the dog won't even bother to look at me. Those kids never learn, thinking a dog is dirty and other bad things the they get afraid when they meet one. They should learn more on dogs and other animals so that they won't get attack easily. Next time the authority should come out with a law, "Kids Let's Understand About Dog More".

(This post was edited by sallychuah on Jun 9, 2005, 12:20 AM)

daniel
Enthusiast

Jun 9, 2005, 5:25 PM

Post #6 of 23 (5455 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sallychuah] Boy dies in hit-and-run while fleeing stray dog [In reply to] Can't Post

yah the authorities will probrably teach them how to "kill a dog in self defence"

!!!!!WARNING!!!!!
DUN TALK TO ME IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED.
COS I'M A DAMM KWAILAN FELLA OK!!!

ERN
K9 Maniac

Jun 9, 2005, 6:45 PM

Post #7 of 23 (5444 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sallychuah] Boy dies in hit-and-run while fleeing stray dog [In reply to] Can't Post

I always chased by dogs trough out my childhood.

you are lucky, the dog did disturd you. I tried not to look at them, but still they chased me.

There was one incident which sometime wake me out in the mid night. Once I went to my neighbour's house to look for my father, there were at least 4 dogs sitting in front of that house. When I reached that house, the dogs suddently stond up and chase me, me so scrae and run across the road, like the kid in this incident. Luckily there was no cars or motobites in that normally buzy road.

There are incidents that still bother me after 30 over years and this is one of them.MadFrownPirateCrazy

Frown

View my photo album

last update, ZEUS & Shiki's 2nd off springs, 16/09/2008. Yes 9.16!

http://s56.photobucket.com/...%20Zeus%20N%20Shiki/

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g192/ERN2/Dogs

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Jun 9, 2005, 7:12 PM

Post #8 of 23 (5442 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ERN] Boy dies in hit-and-run while fleeing stray dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry about the kid and sorry about your bad experiences.

Unfortunately, most people do not understand the dog’s way of thinking and consequently react wrongly.

What wonders me most is that so many try competing with a dog on short distance sprint, but never heard that anyone ever won against a dog. Cool

Actually, it is easy when you can stay calm (dogs can smell fear and that might excite them), emphasize on stay. Nothing is more boring to any dog then someone standing around like a tree log. Chasing is fun – at least for dogs, but how to chase a tree log?

Sydney
Doggyman

Jun 9, 2005, 11:21 PM

Post #9 of 23 (5420 views)
Shortcut

Hmm.. if that boy shouldnt have ran, then the dog shouldnt had chased himFrown. Poor guy. How come the dog ran after him? Takan he got dog snacks in his handUnimpressed

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

robros
K9 Maniac

Jun 10, 2005, 12:24 AM

Post #10 of 23 (5413 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ERN] Boy dies in hit-and-run while fleeing stray dog [In reply to] Can't Post

maybe ada chemistry salah. dogs usually do not chase people without reason...unless anjing gila!! This mother's reason as "dog suddenly appear from nowhere and chase this bunch of boys" is unreal. The part bunch of boys got me thinking. What do young boys do when they get together? Up to no good? Tease dogs, cats, etc. Dare one another to pull the dog's tail and run away, maybe?

The boy's mother was not there and the samaritan only saw the part where the dog was chasing the boys but don't know why. Having said that, it's so sad. This incident only make non-dog lovers hate dogs even more. Only this time, I am glad it's not a rottweiler. I think the breed oledi got bashing teruk teruk lately. Malay boys are throwing stones at my rotties when they cycle past the house. They know my dogs cannot get at them because of the tall closed gate. What if the gate is open?

Aiyoh, people need to educate their kids not to kacau the dogs. No wonder my rottie benci kids. They need to teach this in school.

ERN
K9 Maniac

Jun 10, 2005, 12:31 AM

Post #11 of 23 (5413 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JoeSmith] Boy dies in hit-and-run while fleeing stray dog [In reply to] Can't Post

We found psyco in human being, this same to other animal.

My sister was bitten once by a dog which appeared from no where. Maybe you have not encountered it. There are many dogs [stray or with owner] along the road in my hometown. Whether they afraind or not or experient handling dog or not, ppl bitten by these dog is not unusual.

t.q.

Frown

View my photo album

last update, ZEUS & Shiki's 2nd off springs, 16/09/2008. Yes 9.16!

http://s56.photobucket.com/...%20Zeus%20N%20Shiki/

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g192/ERN2/Dogs

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Jun 10, 2005, 1:01 AM

Post #12 of 23 (5406 views)
Shortcut

Of course you are right. However, I feel that most dogs were ill-treated or neglected to become so mad to attack humans without reason. Unfortunately, the dogs might take revenge one someone weaker then the attacker was; hence turn against children, women or whoever crosses their way.

My former dog was attacked by a wannabe intruder who might have been on a bike. Ever since he is getting absolutely mad when he sees a biker. Do I have to put down a dog for this? Sure not, but I had to be extra cautious to ensure he never got a chance to chase a biker.

sallychuah
Canine Addict

Jun 10, 2005, 1:13 AM

Post #13 of 23 (5402 views)
Shortcut
Re: [daniel] Boy dies in hit-and-run while fleeing stray dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Mr.Kwailan,

Really want to kiil the dogs for defence meh?

daniel
Enthusiast

Jun 10, 2005, 1:20 AM

Post #14 of 23 (5396 views)
Shortcut

Lim be wa ka lu kong lar...

what to do. gomen is lidat mar.. who are we to say.. imagine lah.. if a dog owner mistake let out a dog and the dog tergigit orang. Automatik is the dog fault. put dog to sleep. owner just fine few hundred cukup lah. and ban rotweiler. (owner damm glad to pay man)

If in the near future, got more cases of owner keep mongrel and also terlepas the mongrel and the dog gigit orang.. then how?? cannot ban mongrel import mar cos it is natural resources no need import wan.. wat to do?? go round killing them lor..

opposition party now a days also want "bumi" votes.. you think they gonna care about dog issues and cause ill feeling to "bumi" voters ah??

!!!!!WARNING!!!!!

daniel
Enthusiast

Jun 10, 2005, 1:27 AM

Post #15 of 23 (5390 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hey Mr.Kwailan,

Really want to kiil the dogs for defence meh?

eee.. forgot to thank you.. you the first person here who acknowledge me as kwailan.. thanks hehehehehLaughLaughLaugh

errr.. that schnauzie pix in ur avatar is your dog ah?? fuiyoo... look very fierce lika wanna bite ppl wor... i see also scared.. dun bring it near me.. after bite me, have to ban schnauzer import liao... SlySlySly

!!!!!WARNING!!!!!

sallychuah
Canine Addict

Jun 10, 2005, 2:06 AM

Post #16 of 23 (5384 views)
Shortcut
Re: [daniel] Boy dies in hit-and-run while fleeing stray dog [In reply to] Can't Post

SlySlySly Mr.Kwailan,

Ya, I'm first to acknowledge u huh, u know why bcoz I'm Ms.Kwailan here. Kwailan leh.SlySlySly

sallychuah
Canine Addict

Jun 10, 2005, 2:15 AM

Post #17 of 23 (5382 views)
Shortcut

My dog look fierce huh, no la he's very gentle. dun ban my dog la, he was stolen Frownand still looking for him, guess the person who took him wasn't scare of his look leh.
Attachments: DSCN5777.JPG (92.7 KB)

daniel
Enthusiast

Jun 13, 2005, 5:59 PM

Post #18 of 23 (5304 views)
Shortcut

fuiyoo... you kwailan also.. i like... lets be friends... what is your e-mail?? i have something for you...

!!!!!WARNING!!!!!

sallychuah
Canine Addict

Jun 14, 2005, 8:13 AM

Post #19 of 23 (5270 views)
Shortcut

So so la.

My email contact_then my user name .

daniel
Enthusiast

Jun 14, 2005, 5:10 PM

Post #20 of 23 (5265 views)
Shortcut

dun have la.. you mail me la.. danielleo22 at the

!!!!!WARNING!!!!!

daniel
Enthusiast

Jun 14, 2005, 5:10 PM

Post #21 of 23 (5261 views)
Shortcut

you now have dog ah??? you want cute cute dog ah??

!!!!!WARNING!!!!!

Ich_liebe_Puppy
Enthusiast

Jun 20, 2005, 3:09 PM

Post #22 of 23 (5168 views)
Shortcut

Frown
I had a bad experience with dogs wben i was about 10 years. My big brother and I went to the happening place ot our kampong - it was a opera show. we went there cycle ther to buy my favorite food , rojak. When we passed by the attap bunglo house , two fiece dog came barking and chasing us. Walau so scare bicycle also fell down. We yell so loud for help, wa the che sin owner even ask the dogs to ush -ush -to bike us lah. He though we kachiu his dogs. Go home , cry n cry, rojak also no taste readi lah,

sallychuah
Canine Addict

Jun 20, 2005, 6:20 PM

Post #23 of 23 (5163 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ich_liebe_Puppy] Boy dies in hit-and-run while fleeing stray dog [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

I had a bad experience with dogs wben i was about 10 years. My big brother and I went to the happening place ot our kampong - it was a opera show. we went there cycle ther to buy my favorite food , rojak. When we passed by the attap bunglo house , two fiece dog came barking and chasing us. Walau so scare bicycle also fell down. We yell so loud for help, wa the che sin owner even ask the dogs to ush -ush -to bike us lah. He though we kachiu his dogs. Go home , cry n cry, rojak also no taste readi lah,

Aiyo, so sad ah. Wait, wait I need to laugh first heheheh, hahahaha LaughLaughLaugh. Sorry being rude.

So, can I know did u and ur older brother go back to tell the stupid owner that 'ush ush' the dogs to bite u? Dun cry la.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my