shih tzu...

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

JuStiN'doGgIe
Canine Addict

Jun 1, 2005, 2:48 AM

Post #1 of 78 (3869 views)
Shortcut
shih tzu... Can't Post

hi! i'm buying a dog soon, and it will be a shih tzu, or shih tzu mix... erm, my budget is around400-500... 500 maximum, coz im using my own money to buy... where can i get it for a low price? i cannot afford more than rm500, coz i only have 400... my mum give me a bit, coz she doesnt agree to buy a dog... please help me!

timmy
Enthusiast

Jun 1, 2005, 3:37 AM

Post #2 of 78 (3855 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JuStiN'doGgIe] shih tzu... [In reply to] Can't Post

hi justin, i have a suggestion, y not get a short fur dog like pug, jack russel..? because shih tzu has long fur, u need to groom him or send to groomer evry mth , the expenses is higher as u need spend on grooming ( rm 60-80 for one time) , and shih tzu tend to have sensitive skin,eye problem, then the medical bills will be very high too ( like my shih tzu, i spent at least rm 200-300 for every 3 mths to see the vet due to his sensitive skin, n he needs special food).

so with ur budget, i would advice u get other breed, or u can get shih tzu, but be prepare to spend on his medical and grooming fees. such expenses u wont be able to see now but the bills will come once u get it..:)

JuStiN'doGgIe
Canine Addict

Jun 1, 2005, 6:14 AM

Post #3 of 78 (3849 views)
Shortcut
Re: [timmy] shih tzu... [In reply to] Can't Post

oh... thanks a lot timmy... but i've just changed my mind, i'm going to spca tomorrow! hopefully there r toy dogs there... pity them oso... hehehe...

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jun 2, 2005, 4:48 AM

Post #4 of 78 (3828 views)
Shortcut

Wah, good for you! SPCa got a lot of toy mix breeds that really need someone to adopt. Salute you!Wink

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

JuStiN'doGgIe
Canine Addict

Jun 2, 2005, 8:11 AM

Post #5 of 78 (3818 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] shih tzu... [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, i went to spca today... oh God, the dogs there... pity them, stuck in the cage... n the smell... awwwww... most of the dogs there r big... n agressive! n there's a dog, with 5 pups... damn cute, but i cant adopt, coz it will grow big... then i saw a terrier mix dog, quite cute, n sweet... so i told my mum, im gonna take that dog... so we ask the woman in the office(short hair) she told us that someone will inspect our house... n then she ask how big is my house, my mum told her that we r living in apartment... she dun let us adopt it... coz we r living in apartment... *sob sob* so erm... do u know where can i buy cheap shih tzu or mix... i know min pin is qwuite cheap, n i liek it too, but my mum say its too active, n she dun like it... my budget is below RM500... 500 is ok... without cert better, coz cheaper... :P

stupid spca!FrownFrownFrown

timmy
Enthusiast

Jun 2, 2005, 4:23 PM

Post #6 of 78 (3813 views)
Shortcut

then look for star newspaper classified column, call all the breeder, some do sell without cert at rm 500! but u have to negotiate

JuStiN'doGgIe
Canine Addict

Jun 2, 2005, 6:13 PM

Post #7 of 78 (3803 views)
Shortcut
Re: [timmy] shih tzu... [In reply to] Can't Post

oh, i read it everyday, n so far i've called many shih tzu breeder... cheapest also RM700... n pekingese mix shiuh tzu also RM700... i'll try to talk to my mum, for a min pin... even i i get a shih tzu for a very cheap price, i still have to pay a lot more, like vaccination, heartguard, grooming, food, crate... n etc...

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jun 2, 2005, 9:22 PM

Post #8 of 78 (3792 views)
Shortcut

Hmm.... one time I came across a breeder selling with MKA for RM500 but it was like few months ago.... but let me see what I can find. If it's mix shih tzu with terrier ok? Coz I got friend who's shih tzu mix might have puppies... but I dunno willing to give away or not .....

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.

JuStiN'doGgIe
Canine Addict

Jun 3, 2005, 2:28 AM

Post #9 of 78 (3783 views)
Shortcut

hey... thanks a lot... but i dun it anymore... i just bought a toy poodle pup today! it is so cute... i bought it for RM500, its cheap coz that guy is a home breeder... anyway, its a male, n i havent name it yet... any suggestion?

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jun 3, 2005, 2:41 AM

Post #10 of 78 (3779 views)
Shortcut

Wah... you just got a Toy poodle? Congrats!!! Must celebrate Heehe..

So what colour is it? Yah RM500 is cheap... wah, like that me also wan ahahahah... But I can't take anymore... 5 dogs enough for me liao hahaha....

To name it, what you do is come up with a list you like your dog to be called and then try calling the dog.... if the pup respond and to you the name sounds nice ah, give loh. I named my shih tzu Willy after Free Willy movie coz he black and white like the whale..... I named my boxers Rexx coz he look fierce, my other boxer Toby coz Scooby don't sound nice... Tammy for my lab coz she so sweet and Boxen for my mix breed coz he has a boxy and funny attitude. Take your time lah, no worries. YOu sure cannot sleep now coz got new puppy to play hahaha...

JuStiN'doGgIe
Canine Addict

Jun 3, 2005, 4:26 AM

Post #11 of 78 (3775 views)
Shortcut

hehehe... after thinking for about an hour, i decided to name it prince... its so smart, within 3 hours after bringing it back, it knows where to pee n poo liao... ^^, so smart! yeah, im so lucky, 500 is really cheap... each of ur dogs has an unique name ah... yeah, its very active, maybe i sleep late lor...

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jun 4, 2005, 4:23 AM

Post #12 of 78 (3755 views)
Shortcut

Hahah.. what a great choice! Prince, wah... so royal name heeheh.... I'm sure your will never get enough sleep. So where does Prince sleep? Oh... you think you can give me the number of the breeder? I got a friend looking for a poodle....

JuStiN'doGgIe
Canine Addict

Jun 4, 2005, 8:17 PM

Post #13 of 78 (3747 views)
Shortcut

hey... i'm so sorry, coz my dad had changed the name... cozs my grandma n youngest brother couldnt really pronouns 'prince'... my dad changed it to Figo... wierd but cute :P he's doing great, n he already knows where to pee n poo... but the problem is, every night he'll make very loud noise, i think he's afraid... but really headache lar... what shouyld i do if he make noise again? especially at 3-4 am... adoi... anyway, u guys changed sprv to marg?

JuStiN'doGgIe
Canine Addict

Jun 4, 2005, 8:43 PM

Post #14 of 78 (3746 views)
Shortcut

erm... the breeder has another pup, its a female, black n white... quite nice, but tell ur fren to prepare, coz i found a few fleas on the pup! i bought a flea spray n shampoo, now dun have lia (i guess :P) n it comes with a cert... so 500 is very cheap... the actual price is 600, i asked him to reduce the price, n he say 550... then i say 550 too expensive, so he say 500 lor... hehehe... this is the num 012 2670113... besides poodle, he has shih tzu n gr too... but the cheapest is poodle lar :P im telling u, poodle is really smart, very cute... i bought him a basket, at irst, he act like cannot climb out, but at night, he jump out easily... hahaha... today, i bought him a big crate, he quite like it... im still afraid that he might make noise again tonight... aiyoh... hey, what does MARG stands for?

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jun 5, 2005, 2:30 AM

Post #15 of 78 (3740 views)
Shortcut

OK, thanks a lot. Yah, poodles are one of the smartest dogs. They were once bred to be circus and gypsy dogs to preform tricks. Poodles are also a breed that can stand and walk on their hind liges for a long time, longer than normal dogs hgehehehe....

MARG stands for ... but no more liao loh... me haven't change yet hehehe.....

JuStiN'doGgIe
Canine Addict

Jun 5, 2005, 8:08 AM

Post #16 of 78 (3737 views)
Shortcut

wow! circus n gypsy dogs... cool! maybe one day Figo will be a circus dog... hwo knows? Laugh yeah! my Figo can stand quite long, when im holding food or toys :P

oh... marg no more liao... ok... so SPRV still exist?

robros
K9 Maniac

Jun 6, 2005, 10:58 PM

Post #17 of 78 (3717 views)
Shortcut

My uncle has a brood of poodles. He is always asking me to take a puppy but having 2 rottweilers already quite bankrupt oledi. Eat banyak, crap oso banyak and being old oledi, their supplements costs are quite substantial too.

Poodles are cute. I think they dun shed hair but boy, are they active. Should teach them tricks as they are very intelligent and loves to perform. Quite yappy and noisy.

You must find out why Figo makes noise at that particular time. Lonely? Can't sleep? The mosque prayers irritate him? My dogs have a tendency to howl at 5am to coincide with the mosque prayers. Not much these days but once in a while. When my boy was a young puppy, I left him in a room all by himself. He did not make any noise as I also put a radio on 24 hrs for him and a loud ticking clock. He was as quiet as a mouse.

JuStiN'doGgIe
Canine Addict

Jun 7, 2005, 1:19 AM

Post #18 of 78 (3710 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robros] shih tzu... [In reply to] Can't Post

wow... u have two rottweilers... cool... yup, poodles dont really shed.... yeah, very active! but so far, Figo ix only noisy at night... i think probably bcoz he's alone at night... hmm... radio for 24 hours? gotta try that tonight... ticing clock? i know, something like mum's heartbeat huh? try that tonight also... thx a lot ya...

Sydney
Doggyman

Jun 9, 2005, 1:49 AM

Post #19 of 78 (3686 views)
Shortcut

You can afford a mix breed bcs mix breeds are cheaper than the pure breeds. You can lookup the newspaper 4 some dogs and how much do the ppl sell. Some of the price are negociableUnimpressed

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

lovlyn
Novice

Jul 30, 2005, 3:15 AM

Post #20 of 78 (3565 views)
Shortcut

hello...

i'm looking for a shih tzu puppy and i called the number u posted online. the breeder seems like a nice man...

how's your puppy now?

is he healthy?

coz i dunno whether i should get it from him or not and the puppy is quite pricey...rm900...

so i kinda need some feedback from u...thanks...

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jul 30, 2005, 8:44 PM

Post #21 of 78 (3553 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lovlyn] shih tzu... [In reply to] Can't Post

You should check the Star classifieds. I read it everyday and normally you can find home breeders, even those that come with certs for only RM800. I think I saw once, puppies from a champion shih tzu and was only RM800. You should check it out.

lovlyn
Novice

Jul 31, 2005, 4:26 AM

Post #22 of 78 (3548 views)
Shortcut

hihi...thanks for the reply...i don't know how much shih tzus normally cost but i met a home breeder today and she's selling for 850 with cert...and she has some rilly teeny tiny ones from taiwan for 950...the small ones are really tiny in comparison to others that i've seen....have u seen those before? the markings are nice and the nose rilly flat... would appreciate your reply...thx...

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Aug 1, 2005, 6:29 AM

Post #23 of 78 (3537 views)
Shortcut

My advice, don't go for tiny ones. You will burden yourself with health problems. Shih Tzus aren't suppose to be tiny. They are small dogs but not small toy dogs. Shih tzus also cannot have a very flat nose. A short nose of about 1 inch is good. The shoter the nose, the more snoring and breathing problems. Also, small tiny puppies maybe premature, not fully developed. RM850 with cert is ok. You can still find homebreeders that only breed shih tzus and sell for about RM700 to RM800. Anyway, do look at other breeders. A good breeder will give you tips on which are good puppies and not tell you that they are Imperial shih tzus.

A tip, some actually will tell you Taiwan shih tzus are special and small and japanese shih tzus have a normal bite teeth. Please check for undershot teeth.

lovlyn
Novice

Aug 1, 2005, 8:28 PM

Post #24 of 78 (3516 views)
Shortcut

thanks a lot...

shes been calling me a lot saying someone else wants the puppies...and i haven't made up my mind yet...though i have to say hers are the prettiest i've seen so far... saw about 4 breeders already...

and she seems to know alot and feed me lotsa info and details....but based on what you say her puppies really fit the descriptions... oh well...hope i've made the right choice...

oh and she's been breeding for 5 generations (puppies) and guaranteed no in breeding...

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Aug 2, 2005, 5:32 AM

Post #25 of 78 (3498 views)
Shortcut

Well, do choose wisely. If you still want her puppies, I sugest get the bigger puppies but look for all the shih tzu standards. Small pups, I also afraid to take coz they might have health problems later. My shih tzu was not a small puppy nor a big one. He was just the right size. When he was a younger dog, he had a healthy perfect weight of 6kg. Now he is 11 years old so his weight drop to 5kg.

No inbreeding, that is good. Do give her lots of questions, if the breeder can answer all without any hesitation on the breed, then I guess she may be a good breeder and you should go for it. What colour are they?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my