syko
Novice

May 30, 2005, 12:36 AM

Post #1 of 14 (2875 views)
Shortcut
bad dog! badd doog! Can't Post

hey, have a situation here...

can anyone just help me out here?

well, got this dog from a relative...pomeranian...since last two years ago...(well, when he came to my house, he's already not a baby, quite some age already)

he have this spot in the backyard...which he always love to hide at....whoever goes near to it, he'll bark non stop, in fact even bite the ones who approach near it...

the things that's placed near his spot, like brooms and stuffs, he wouldn't allow ppl to take it, he'll chase whoever takes it...

then, he doesn't like strangers, barks whenever sees someone he never often sees....

he always pee around the house, like just now, he peed at the dustbin upstairs...well, tryna tell him not to pee here...hold his neck, pointing at the spot he peed...then he started barking and tryna bite me....

what shall i do? shall i hit him with a cane?
-syko-

Sydney
Doggyman

May 30, 2005, 12:42 AM

Post #2 of 14 (2870 views)
Shortcut
Re: [syko] bad dog! badd doog! [In reply to] Can't Post

You dont have to hit your dog up with the cane.If you have a cage for it, then lock it up and check the spotSmile. Probaly he'll bark like crazy in the cage. So you have to block the spot and put him at the cage. He'll maybe get used to it if he doesnt have the habit of going to his fav spotSmile. You can send your dog to the training class if you're too tired/no time to train.

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

syko
Novice

May 30, 2005, 12:54 AM

Post #3 of 14 (2868 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sydney] bad dog! badd doog! [In reply to] Can't Post

how much does it cost to train one dog?

where can i find training sessions for dogs?
-syko-

Toy
K9 Maniac

May 30, 2005, 12:56 AM

Post #4 of 14 (2867 views)
Shortcut

well rather than punishing your dog when he does wrong, rewarding him when he does right is more effective. dogs actually wont understand why you cane him, even though you point to him what he has does. he will only feel scared. at the other way round, if you give him reward when he does right, he will tend to repeat & repeat again.

Sydney
Doggyman

May 30, 2005, 12:57 AM

Post #5 of 14 (2867 views)
Shortcut

You can get more info in the obedient thread. MKA info are thereSmile

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

MisterStan
Doggyman

May 30, 2005, 6:33 PM

Post #6 of 14 (2848 views)
Shortcut

hello

are you going to train the pom to pee poo in the newspaper or outside. if you are gonna train him to do his business in the newspaper, then you can try taking the newspaper, absorb the pee and let the newspaper dry off..

then put the newspaper with the pee smell in your desired place, and carry your pom to the newspaper after meal time, or after drinking time. and use something to remove the smell of the pee that the pom pee in undesired locations, such as the dustbins.

do praise him when he pee poo successfully in the newspaper.. but first few times the pom will have mistakes lah.. i think the pom needs more time than puppies as not sure how the previous owner train the pom to do his business.. good luck.. hehe...

about the biting and barking, you can use roll-newspaper replacing a cane... everytime the pom tries to bite, use the roll-up-newspaper and gently hit the back-side.. or if you want, you can use your hands and gently slap the mouth. if he gets real stubborn, then cane is the last resort lor...

so good luck...

syko
Novice

May 31, 2005, 12:31 AM

Post #7 of 14 (2839 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] bad dog! badd doog! [In reply to] Can't Post

hey mister stan,

i see u every where in every thread... Wink

but neway, that stupid dog of mine, would attack the cane, sometimes even bite off the cane i'm holding and hide it at his territory... then i couldn't go near it..or else he'll bite me...

well, my mom whacked him a few times, now he doesn't dare to go up...but don't think he'll last long, months later, he'll sneak up and pee again..happened lotsa times....

anyway, thanks for the advise...

but i barely would hit my dog, felt so kesian wit my dog...so wouldn't dare to hit him also... he doesn't like ppl to praise him in a sudden...doesn't like to be touched...if he wants you to play or touch him, he'll approach u, or else when he's stayin on the ground n not moving, not advisable to touch him or else he'll growl...then he'll start to attack if u still touch him...

weird dog huh?

heartache when i whack my dog...so that's why i tot maybe there's other solutions that u dog lovers would have to tame him down, and train him to pee at the backyard...
-syko-

syko
Novice

May 31, 2005, 12:32 AM

Post #8 of 14 (2838 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sydney] bad dog! badd doog! [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks sydney,

i'll go there to seek more info ......
-syko-

syko
Novice

May 31, 2005, 12:34 AM

Post #9 of 14 (2837 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Toy] bad dog! badd doog! [In reply to] Can't Post

didn't cane him, my mom did....coz he bite my mom....my mom went crazy and whack him , i tried carrying him away...but he barked at me too...he insist to stay at his spot, his property (the broom that's familiar with the broom at his territory)....
-syko-

MisterStan
Doggyman

May 31, 2005, 6:57 AM

Post #10 of 14 (2830 views)
Shortcut

well, maybe everytime he tries to bite, have 2 person go up to the pom, one grab the pom, and another put the muzzle on the pom as punishment..

i wonder did the previous owner torture him.. it seem he is defending himself..

it hurts when you cane our furkids.. but i think it hurts more when our furkids bark and bite at us..

i think maybe shouldn't so soft-hearted lor when it comes to canning.. because dogs can sense if we are soft-hearted, and would bully us.. hehe...

Toy
K9 Maniac

May 31, 2005, 6:22 PM

Post #11 of 14 (2816 views)
Shortcut

yo man, your dog seems super to me. if like that, dont think the bite is desire to chew, is more to attack. so you must act more superior than your dog. dogs live in group & they need a leader. if the dog stay with you, you need to choose wether you are the leader or him. means, you have to be more fierce then him. neway, if he does something right, never ever forget to reward duh.

syko
Novice

Jun 6, 2005, 1:33 AM

Post #12 of 14 (2758 views)
Shortcut

tried that before...

well, u will be suprised that such a small dog could be fierce to that extent...it's like, crazy man... never seen such dogs like these.. except for those stray dogs out there....and huge ones...

but for his size...so tiny...and to be as fierce as that... unbelievable....maybe shud teaach him some lesssons.... yea, maybe he think i'm easy to be bullied...and he's the man of the house...

maybe shud show him who's the man of the house....

:)
-syko-

syko
Novice

Jun 6, 2005, 1:36 AM

Post #13 of 14 (2757 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Toy] bad dog! badd doog! [In reply to] Can't Post

yeap....that's what i'm tryna do right now..

like two days ago...

he was barking non stop....

my dog actually have this habit, he loves barking at lizards on the ceiling.....he will bark non stop until someone ask him to, or to turn off the lights...so that he couldn't see the lizard...

usually, i'll shout at him, then he'll stop barking, well, maybe make a lil noise...growling and all, but two days back, he barked non stop, and it was 5 am .... i scolded him but instead of stopping, he barked even more aggresive... so there's nothing i could do, but just to turn off the lights.. and go to sleep....
-syko-

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Jun 7, 2005, 9:43 PM

Post #14 of 14 (2738 views)
Shortcut

Disagree. Canning does not solve the problem, love does.

If the dog tries to bite you then behave like a alpha dog and push him on his side. Hold with one hand the throat and with the other hand press down his rib cage at the chest area. In a dog fight, the alpha would "bite" the throat as his clear dominance and stand on the chest to ensure the lower position of the misbehaved pack member. The lower ranking dog will completely surrender and not move at all. Hold your dog in this position until he does surrender to you.

By the way, if you train your dog the down command and even hold him in this position on daily basis. You scratch his belly and praise him, but make sure that he cannot escape until you want it. The problem of barking at you, snapping at you will disappear very fast. Make sure that all your family members do that and you will have a happy, safe and sound dog.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my