Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
doberman or german sherperd

wong_fui
Novice

May 27, 2005, 7:39 AM

Post #1 of 6 (1402 views)
Shortcut
doberman or german sherperd Can't Post

Shockedhello ! I owned a beautiful beagle and a mix persian cat at home.they are about a year old.I wish to

get a stronger guarding dog for my new landed home in sept and have shortlisted the 2 breeds mentioned

above.Can anyone suggest which breed is a better guarding dog and can be friends with my existing pets?

thank you.

Sydney
Doggyman

May 27, 2005, 8:26 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1385 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wong_fui] doberman or german sherperd [In reply to] Can't Post

If you like the German Shepard, then choose it. The dobermann have alot of cases in the newespaperUnimpressed. BTW which area are you staying? If it's in Shah Alam, you have to have tons of responsibility.

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

wong_fui
Novice

May 29, 2005, 2:32 AM

Post #3 of 6 (1368 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sydney] doberman or german sherperd [In reply to] Can't Post

hi sydney , thx for replying .stil thinking though but most likely i will get doberman because of short coat and low maintenance.do u know any local breeder here?

Sydney
Doggyman

May 29, 2005, 4:47 AM

Post #4 of 6 (1367 views)
Shortcut

I dunno any 1 but there's 1 in my neighbourhood. I dunno that owner

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

sanjayraj
New User

Jun 15, 2005, 1:32 AM

Post #5 of 6 (1303 views)
Shortcut

Hi Sydney

Dobe will be the best choice as it has low maintanence and they are very alert. I suggest you get a dobe which comes from a good line & good temprement. You can call MKA to get a list of breeders in KL/SEL. or in star news papers.

Thanks

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Jun 15, 2005, 6:57 PM

Post #6 of 6 (1295 views)
Shortcut

I would firstly ask how experienced you are and how much time you will have for this new dog before I would recommend any breed as a guardian dog.

Note that Dobies should be owned by experienced handlers only.

They are very easy to train and truly low maintenance dogs. However, they are very sensitive to wrong handling; hence, the many cases you find in the news about these dogs are “fierce” and had attacked family members and/or strangers alike.

GSD are hyperactive dogs and need a lot of attention, action & activities to keep them happy and healthy.

It is certainly your personal choice but you could consider other breeds as well.

By the way, most dogs (I believe all dogs) will very easily accept other animals within the pack / family, especially when joining the pack as a young dog.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my