Home: Behavioral Problems: Behavioural Issues - General:
Not eating regularly

vialentino
Novice

May 26, 2005, 12:03 AM

Post #1 of 7 (1247 views)
Shortcut
Not eating regularly Can't Post

The first 2 weeks when I feed my golden retriever, she seems to eat and finish the food very fast. Bought her Science PLan (Lamb & Rice) flavor. Normally will give her two standard cups. Few days ago, she got choke a bit but after that was ok. Then after the incident, i realize that she start to eat less and didnt finish the food at all.

Is her throat hurt and do i need to send to vet to check up?

Yesterday I mix her food with luncheon meat, and she finish it very fast and lick the bowl cleanly! What is this behavior means, is she bored of the old foods or is she really sick?

Need advise. Thanks.

Sydney
Doggyman

May 26, 2005, 2:23 AM

Post #2 of 7 (1236 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vialentino] Not eating regularly [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, maybe your GR is fedup of the old food. She wants something new and nicer. You can change the food if she doesnt takes it for some days. Or go out for a little walk. Then maybe if she's hungry, she may be able to finish all of the food. Try avoiding giving the dog human food. Change the dog food quickly can be harsh to the digestive track Unimpressed

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

(This post was
edited by Sydney on May 26, 2005, 2:25 AM)

vialentino
Novice

May 26, 2005, 5:23 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1227 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sydney] Not eating regularly [In reply to] Can't Post

Yesterday did went to pet shop and bought her new biscuit for her. She is very excited and finish it very fast. Yeah, I think she is bored with the old food. I never give her human food at all, worried she will be used to human food rather than dog food.

Thanks for your advise.

kegy
Novice

Jul 5, 2005, 2:13 AM

Post #4 of 7 (1176 views)
Shortcut

I would advise not to just change the dog food. If evertime she behave like that then you will be very busy changing food from time to time. Sometimes it maybe because she did not use her energy enough therefore she did not eat much. Play more with her and see how she eats. She is an active dog. Therefore lots of exercise is good for her.

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Jul 6, 2005, 7:43 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1161 views)
Shortcut

Cool It seems that your dog has a healthy & tasty good idea about that dog food. I would not like it either.

You dog is not sick and even one day without eating would mean no harm to your dog. Any carnivore is adapted to the fact that the hunt can’t be successful every day; hence, days without food are quiet normal.Just keep an eye on his weight and looks. As long as he has some meat on his rips, and is lively and active as usual then nothing is wrong with him.

vialentino
Novice

Jul 6, 2005, 7:51 PM

Post #6 of 7 (1153 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JoeSmith] Not eating regularly [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the advice....right now she is eating regularly thou sometime need to give her command to finish off her food.

I think she is choosy of the food....when i bought her a can of lamb and vege (Nature's Gift) ...she finish the whole can in less than 3 minutes.

Secondly, does dog have natural instinct that they know their master will be away from home, dats the time my dog start to not to finish her food and a bit moody. Anyone got this experience before?

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Jul 6, 2005, 10:29 PM

Post #7 of 7 (1144 views)
Shortcut

As I said before, your dog has a good sense for good food – be proud of it. Cool

Your dog will bond to you and as deeper this feeling goes and as more he is attached to you as more he will know you. He can certainly sense when you feel tense, because you have to rush somewhere or anything like that.My dog does not bother when I am getting ready for work and will not give me a second look when I am leaving. It is a complete different story when I am getting ready to go somewhere else. He seems to know that and he is getting very nervous, ready to rush to the car and just waiting for the command. He will make his famous pathetic and pitiful face when he feels that we planned to leave him behind.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my