HELP NEEDED AT PAWS

Liz Tay
Dog Kichi

May 21, 2005, 4:28 PM

Post #1 of 7 (2321 views)
Shortcut
HELP NEEDED AT PAWS Can't Post

Hi all

PAWS volunteers are planning to brighten up the front of PAWS this weekend to encourage more people to come in to visit the animals and perhaps even adopt one... or pass the word to their friends.

ACTIVITY IN NEED OF YOUR HELP

Task: Paint the front wall at PAWS. No previous experience required!

When : Tomorrow, Sunday 22nd May 2005 from 10am

Be prepared : Please wear old clothes and bring drinking water/snacks. Paint and brushes provided but if you have spare brushes, please bring them along. Many hands make light work! Look for Brad who is coordinating this activity.

Other things you could bring: old newspapers are always welcome as we use them in the puppy and cat cages and supplies are a bit low.

Thank you!

Liz

Toy
K9 Maniac

May 21, 2005, 6:18 PM

Post #2 of 7 (2304 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Liz Tay] HELP NEEDED AT PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

I have been visited to PAWS not long ago & discovered the condition is much better when the previous management handling. well done. hope PAWS will try their best not to put to sleep any animals there as well.

Liz Tay
Dog Kichi

Jun 5, 2005, 5:03 PM

Post #3 of 7 (2076 views)
Shortcut

WHAT TO BRING IF YOU WISH TO DONATE GOODS TO PAWS?

This is not a full Wish-list, hopefully that will come soon.

However in the near future these are the things which would be most appreciated at PAWS if you prefer to give support with goods rather than cash:

NEWSPAPERS - we get through so many in the puppy and cat cages! Please bring some each time you visit. Every little helps.

CANNED FOODS - cat food (Whiskas, Snappy Tom are popular), dog food (Pedigree, Alpo or any other brand is fine).

NEW DIET- NO MORE RICE THANKS - The animals at PAWS are now being fed on a diet of kibble (biscuit) for more balanced nutrition. Young, pregnant and nursing animals, plus a few picky eaters are also fed some canned food.

FRONTLINE – Frontline spray is pricy but is our best protection against skin parasites for our youngest animals.

There is a ‘goods donation register’ in the office. Please record all goods donations in there, large or small.

We hope to have a more complete Wish-list soon. Meanwhile, if you wish to support a larger purchase or project please contact PAWS Office (tel. 78461087), leave your contact details, and someone will get back to you. THANKS ALWAYS FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT!

Liz, Volunteer.

(This post was edited by Liz Tay on Jun 5, 2005, 5:05 PM)

pei02
Enthusiast

Jun 13, 2005, 7:42 PM

Post #4 of 7 (1951 views)
Shortcut

Hi, Liz, I m Siew Lee(pei02).

currently I m organiz a musical concert on aug 27, thinking to make it a charity concert to raise fun for paws, I paws,don't know whether paws is interested?

The concert will invite a english clarinetist, local famous choirs, a combination of west and chinese music.

Or may b I can go paws, than we can hav a talk to the members?

Pls let me know,u can call my hp at 0123838854, thanks.

pei02
Enthusiast

Jun 21, 2005, 6:13 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1824 views)
Shortcut

(459660-M)

Lot 2.83, Plaza UE3,

85, Jalan Loke Yew , 55200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Tel: 603-92855807, Fax: 603-92828254

Email:popeimay@yahoo.com, Web: pccorchestra.net

Date:21st,June, 2005

PAWS Animal Welfare Society

Pilmoor Estate
Subang Airport Road
47200 Subang
Tel: +60 (0)3 7846 1087

Dear Sir/ Madam, A CHARITY CONCERT FOR THE COMBINATION OF EAST AND WEST MUSIC

PCCO plans to organize a musical concert featuring a combination of east and west music this August 27th, 8.30pm at PJ Civic Hall. The concept of the concert is to experiment blending both Western music and Chinese music together.

Various music instruments will be involved in the production of this concert. Western music instruments such as the violin, cello, and viola; and Chinese music instrument such as the ErHu will feature is this concert. Moreover, the concert will also feature a choir performance.

We are also honoured to have a renowned clarinet soloist obliging to fly all the way from England to perform with us. Other than that, the concert will feature Ngooi Perng Fei, an accomplished Chinese Bamboo flutist showcasing his skills with Vivaldi¡¯s Four Seasons and Tan Soo Keng playing the rarely seen BanHu Concerto accompanied by a combination of Western and Chinese orchestra.

As the pioneer of such a project, we will need all the support and help we can get. We would like to kindly request a letter from PAWS Animal Welfare Society for sponsors the PJ Civic concert hall and other expenses incurred. We would like to donate a part of the amount that from the tickets selling to PAWS.

Your sponsorships are greatly appreciated and without a doubt, vital to the success of the proposed event. Thank you very much for your generous help.

Kindly call our committee Ng Siew Lee at 012-3838854, should you have any enquiries.

Yours truly,

NG SIEWLEE

APPENDIX

A. רÒÕÎÄ»¯ÒÕÊõ»ú¹¹Professional Cultural Center

established with the goals, in synchronization with our national policy, of ultimately promoting and perfecting cultural performances, PCC is currently one of the most diversified providers of cultural performances in Malaysia. PCC provides the following live or recorded performances for any organization for the occasions such as wedding, opening, anniversary, birthday, welcoming, farewell, etc ceremonies:

Cultural Music (instrumental & vocal), Operas and Dances Lion & Dragon Dances, Martial Arts, Calligraphy and other Cultural Performances

Other services include:

¡¤ Establishment of Orchestra (Chinese)

¡¤ Scores and Parts

¡¤ Audio and Video Recordings

¡¤ Instrument Sales & Repairing

Private Music Lessons for Guzheng, Erhu, Yangqin, Dizi, Liuqin, Suona, Cello, etc

PCC Orchestra (PCCO), A Division of Professional Cultural Center, is one of the most complete Traditional Orchestras in Malaysia. Since its establishment in 1989, PCCO has always endeavored to achieve the highest artistic performing skills by frequently working with local as well as international artists. In order to further develop and promote cultural music in Malaysian context, PCCO also emphasizes local composition.

Besides organizing major public concerts, the core musicians, also the principals of the orchestra, are active in providing quality performances for many organizations and occasions. £¨¼ò½é2£©Public Concerts and Activities ¹«¿ªÑÝ×à»áºÍ»î¶¯:

1989-1993 "The Initiator" Chinese Orchestra Concert 1 to 5.

1991 1st Sarawak Youth Chinese Music Camp.

1991-1992 1st & 2nd Malaysia Youth Chinese Music Camp.

1991-1993 "Vocal and Instrumental" -- Folk Songs and Music Nite I & II.

1996 "Voices of A Distant Heart" ·ÉÔ½ÏçÒô ©¥»ªÀÖÑÝ×à»á,"East West Musical Rendezvous"

1997 "Family New Year Concert " ¼ÒÄ껪»á,"Festival " Concert

1998 "The Hero" Chinese Concerto & Symphonic Concert

1999 "Happy New Year" , Singapore."The Way We Were" (HK)

2000 "Sound of ASIA" ,First Chinese Orchestra in Istana Budaya (Cultural Palace)-"The Heroine","Yu Xunfa & Liu Bo Charity Concert"

2001 "Funtasia,Yellow Liver£¬breakthrough

2002 Happy New Year, PCCO & 3 tenors, Meet in Melbourne

2003 Word Music concert in Dewan Filharmonik Petronas, KLCC

2004 Third Sister Liu music theater

Concert ¡°Yesterday Once More¡± , DBKL, June.

Concert ¡°Sound of Cantonese Opera¡±, DBKL, July

2005 Concert ¡°Legend Of The Frontier¡±, DBKL, June. Major PerformancesÖØÒªÑݳö

1991 -- Welcome Ceremony of The Emperor Of Japan in National Istana

1993 -- Dunhill Chinese New Year Commercial Advertisement On TV2

1993-1996 -- Genting International Room and Genting Grand Ballroom

1994 --1996 Genting Lion Dance World Championship 1994 & 1996

11/11/94 -- Welcoming Ceremony for the President of P.R of China(Jiang Zhemin) with P.M.

Conducted the life performance by a thousand-person chorus.

1998 -- APEC Dinner Performances at Mandarin Oriental Hotel. APEC

1999 " MCA 50 Anniversary", NSC, Bukit Jalil

The Mines Wonderland Lion Dances Competiton

2003 -- 12th Non-Aligned Movement Summit

5th CitraWarna Malaysia 2003

The 7th World Chinese Entrepreneurs Convention pointed Orchestra

Accompanied 350 chorist in ¡°Chorus of Yellow River¡±

¡°Keranamu Malaysia¡± 2004, open ceremony by Yang dipertua Agong

NanNing International Folk Song Festival, China

Konsert 100 in Malaysia Traditional Symphony Orchestra

pei02
Enthusiast

Jun 25, 2005, 11:35 PM

Post #6 of 7 (1775 views)
Shortcut

Liz, is it ok for me to go over paws next week in the morning(anyday). I need to know wheather paws is interested of my program? Who should I talk to?Thank You very much.Let my know asap.

Liz Tay
Dog Kichi

Jun 26, 2005, 12:53 AM

Post #7 of 7 (1764 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pei02] HELP NEEDED AT PAWS [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there

No need to go into the shelter as staff there will not know about this project.

There are certain folks on the Committee who are responsible for media and fundraising for PAWS. I believe you have been in touch with Sandra. I will ask her, or one of her team, to get in touch with you again about this event.

I myself am more involved with hands-on work with the animals at the shelter, but thanks anyway for your support. Hopefully all will work out!

Thanks

Liz

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my