wanna know more bout maltese

babyface_joey
Novice

May 21, 2005, 5:31 AM

Post #1 of 16 (9476 views)
Shortcut
wanna know more bout maltese Can't Post

Hi There,

I see that a maltese is a cute puppy. Cud an experienced maltese owner give me more info abt this breed.

Does Maltese bite and bark often as a puppy. If so, when does it normally bark and how only will it bite. Are the bites painful and the bark sound very sharp and incessant, until it is within earshot of your neighbour.

Is it easily toilet trained. How long does it need to be trained.

Does it have a habit to eat its faeces when it's still a puppy.

Does it nibble a lot around the legs of furniture, cushions and anything it gets its mouth into.

What are basically the negative features of this dog and what are her positive features.

I look forward to a maltese owner to give me more other information about this dog, if I have missed some of the relevant things to ask.

Thank you.

Sydney
Doggyman

May 21, 2005, 5:48 AM

Post #2 of 16 (5043 views)
Shortcut
Re: [babyface_joey] wanna know more bout maltese [In reply to] Can't Post

The breed should be sweet-tempered and very intelligent, smart, lively and alert. The profuse white coat covers a well-made little dog with dark brown eyes, long pendant ears, and a short solid body. The tail is well arched over the back and featheredSmile.

Well the lively part is maybe the maltese could bark alot of times. Bark also quite pain and they're lively, smart and naughty i heard some ppl said. Well, if you keep training the dog for toilet training, then it wouldnt take too long for the dog 2 memorise itSmile. Gets into mouth... i dunno about that.

The negative side is that: the maltese bite, bark and will sometimes go haywire.

Positive side is that the breed is smart and intelligent and knows what to doSmile.

Well, what do you mean by "Does it have a habit to eat its faeces when it's still a puppy?"

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

Toy
K9 Maniac

May 21, 2005, 7:56 AM

Post #3 of 16 (5036 views)
Shortcut

i own a cutie maltese.

my maltese seldom bark unless she heard i am going near to her room, & all puppies do bite anything in her site. means wat she see, she will feel it is a chew toy. wat u should do is not to punish her when u saw her bite something she not suppose to, wat u should do is immediately let her chew her chew toys, make it a habits then will do.

my maltese take only 1 day to be paper trained, but provided u spend the whole day with her. this is very important as u really cant predict when she will 1 2 pee or poo. so if u gonna bring back 1, choose a date u will be free for few days. it worth the effort for spending few day times, then no hassle after that.

eat faeces? nope for mine. but heard shih tzu normally will..

hmm... my opinion is all pups are the same, if u r not training it, it will definitely got evrything negetive, pee & poo here & there, chew here & there. but if u were to train ur pup properly, u will find she is so great!

I am not giving u much, but i hope this will help.

by the way, do u plan to own 1?

Shinya

May 21, 2005, 8:03 AM

Post #4 of 16 (5035 views)
Shortcut

From wht i know is they got a long coat, if u don't take good care of it they will defitnelly change into a pups tht u dun like~ I didn't own a maltese, but i guess the coat of a maltese is same like Shih Tzu and even harder to take care of, becoz they are WHITE~ The water come from their eye will make the flur turn to yellow or red, it will make it looks not good, u must hv to clean it everyday at list once, like me i clean my ST's eye flur twice a day becoz if u let it stay there, it will be hard to clean up~ Their flur need to groom daily, to provide a nice flur~ This is wht my opinion to own a long coat maltese~

and join our fans page at www.facebook.com/Lolipet

chrisong
Doggyman

May 21, 2005, 8:32 AM

Post #5 of 16 (5034 views)
Shortcut

First ask yourself do you have time, money & patient to care for this lovely breed of dog?
Most long coated & white color breed dog required special attention on coat care. Daily brushing is a must. You need to do it for long term so that your maltese will look it best all the time. Can you do it? Most dog owner did't do enough research on that particular breed before buying it & also don't even know how to care for the dog. After a while they started to give up & neglected the dog & the dog doesn't look it best lor.
Lastly, any puppies will be naughty it will all up to you how you train & bring the pup up. Patient is the key to sucess.

Shinya

May 21, 2005, 8:43 AM

Post #6 of 16 (5032 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] wanna know more bout maltese [In reply to] Can't Post

Chris is a pro~ Should hear from him~ Anyway Chris~ u got 1 fren live in australia right? And he left few pups here right? WOuld u mind to ask him to contact me? Coz i want to own 1 of their pups~ Pls~ Ur help are important for me~ Thx~

chrisong
Doggyman

May 21, 2005, 12:56 PM

Post #7 of 16 (5024 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Shinya] wanna know more bout maltese [In reply to] Can't Post

I think he changed the contact number can't able to get him. Actually, I & connie planning to go to his place this sunday but need to postponed.Frown
Will you like to join us?

Toy
K9 Maniac

May 21, 2005, 7:01 PM

Post #8 of 16 (5020 views)
Shortcut

is connie the 1 who always go to PAWS? cause i heard ppl talking abt her whn i went to PAWS. how nice she is a volunteer there very frequent! i salute her!

Shinya

May 22, 2005, 1:08 AM

Post #9 of 16 (5013 views)
Shortcut

erm~ izzit his house at ipoh? if really i guess i have to make a plan before it~

babyface_joey
Novice

May 22, 2005, 4:07 AM

Post #10 of 16 (5010 views)
Shortcut

Thank you very much for the feedback. The info that you all give is very good knowledge for me to really assess whether a Maltese is suitable for me. It looks like my fears of them barking and biting excessively are not founded on reasonable grounds, as long as I train the pup properly.

Right, I must do enough research into the various aspects of keeping a pup before I commit myself to about 18 years of caring and nurturing another life. Once again, thank you and I look forward to the continuing advice and knowledge that Maltese lovers out there would like to share with me.

Shinya

May 22, 2005, 6:59 AM

Post #11 of 16 (5007 views)
Shortcut

Hope u can own a lovely maltese~ I do love maltese also~ But their price is too expensive for me~

babyface_joey
Novice

May 22, 2005, 11:27 PM

Post #12 of 16 (4994 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Toy] wanna know more bout maltese [In reply to] Can't Post

hey Toy..

i was just wonderin where u got ur maltese? i heard ur from usj. im nearby too. do u know of any pet shop tat has a good supply of toy pedigree pure breeds which are reliable. im plannin to get a taiwanese miniature maltese. and i hope i can get a good one from a reputable pet shop. could someone let me know. tq.

babyface_joey
Novice

Jun 4, 2005, 8:32 AM

Post #13 of 16 (4944 views)
Shortcut

hey.. i wanna find out. wat brand of puppy food is recommended for maltese. maltese owners.. let me know wat puppy food u give ur maltese k. is showcoat puppy ok. the baby blue package. chicken flavour.

i also wanna find out.. 2 months old maltese puppy eat vry little is it?

anybody bought dogs from safari (ikano power centre) b4? i wanna find out if the cert n microchipped is suppose to b given immediately during the purchase is it?

oh and.. do u know if there are any liquid that help to wipe the tears tats comin out of the maltese eyes? coz its quite difficult to clean n i dun wanna rub so hard just in case i might hurt him. its leavin some reddish stain on its fur near the eyes.

ricky
Enthusiast

Jun 6, 2005, 10:45 PM

Post #14 of 16 (4923 views)
Shortcut

Innova is the BEST for Maltese.

please visit this link which will give you all the information how to keep the ear stain clean and so on.. http://www.bhejei.com/tearsta.htm
friendly,
RicKY

babyface_joey
Novice

Jun 7, 2005, 7:53 PM

Post #15 of 16 (4902 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ricky] wanna know more bout maltese [In reply to] Can't Post

hey thanks ricky for the info. do u hv a maltese too? i saw in ur profile u hv 4 dogs..

ricky
Enthusiast

Jun 7, 2005, 7:57 PM

Post #16 of 16 (4901 views)
Shortcut

yes I got 2 Maltese and some other dogs.Just a hobby.
friendly,
RicKY

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my