Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

May 20, 2005, 7:10 AM

Post #1 of 8 (2238 views)
Shortcut
Attention: Shah Alam Dog Owners Can't Post

1. Are you a resident of Shah Alam?

2. Do you have (a) dog(s)?

3. Did you have a valid dog licence issued by MBSA BUT recently, when you tried to renew your dog licence, you were refused a dog licence renewal by MBSA?

4. Alternatively, have you recently applied for a dog licence from MBSA and MBSA has refused to issue you a dog licence?

5. Do you live in an intermediate terrace house? Optional.

If points 1-4 apply to you, please contact me at aquabotanica@hotmail.com with the following details:

1. Your name

2. Your address and the type of house you live in.

3. The number of dogs you own

And MOST IMPORTANTLY - the name of the officer who refused to renew/ issue you a dog licence and the reasons given by the officer. Do you have the refusal in writing?

A law firm in KL is looking for potential plaintiffs in a test case championing the rights of dog owners in Shah Alam. If you live in Shah Alam and have been refused a dog licence renewal this year, please let me know.

Please note if you have not already got a dog licence for an existing dog or have NEVER applied for a dog licence for your existing dog, please DO NOT contact me as I will not be able to help you. It is an offence not to have a valid licence for your dog.

Thank you.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

May 20, 2005, 7:12 PM

Post #2 of 8 (2219 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gus-Gus] Attention: Shah Alam Dog Owners [In reply to] Can't Post

aquabotanica at hot mail full stop com is the email address.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

(This post was edited by Gus-Gus on May 20, 2005, 7:33 PM)

Ballistic

May 22, 2005, 12:58 AM

Post #3 of 8 (2177 views)
Shortcut

3 cheers for the person who taking all this effort to get things done. Definitely support his/her cause Smile

- A dog is for life, not just for Christmas -

khoo262
Enthusiast

May 26, 2005, 9:55 PM

Post #4 of 8 (2134 views)
Shortcut

Hope you can kick some ass on our behalf!!
finally..... khoo262 has come back to puppy.com

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

May 26, 2005, 11:46 PM

Post #5 of 8 (2125 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khoo262] Attention: Shah Alam Dog Owners [In reply to] Can't Post

It would appear that there has been a lot more hysteria and panic from Shah Alam residents than the situation warranted.

It has been a week since I posted my thread in 2 categories - Dogs Rights and Protection and Chit Chat - and there has been no response from anyone facing any difficulties from Shah Alam Council. Bearing in mind that over 2 hundred people have read the thread and presumeably, would have shared the info with others, if there was someone having trouble with MBSA over their dog licence renewal, I would have heard from them by now.

On the happy side, at least so far things are no worse for Shah Alam residents.

(This post was edited by Gus-Gus on May 26, 2005, 11:50 PM)

khoo262
Enthusiast

May 27, 2005, 12:16 AM

Post #6 of 8 (2122 views)
Shortcut

Really would like to know what you intend to do. Please provide more info. Any charges involved here? What plans do you have once you have a group of people.
finally..... khoo262 has come back to puppy.com

denzerogent
Novice

May 27, 2005, 9:35 PM

Post #7 of 8 (2101 views)
Shortcut

Frown gus-gus, kudos 2 u for helping all dogs owner. basically i would very much like to help too.Frown but i really need more infor. are u familiar with mbsa rules on dogs? especially the new rules, whether its legal now or not, no 1 knows, u see? dats the problem....

rules like neighbour signature, picture of house n kennel, no terrace house allow to keep dogs... is all dis rules legal now? has it been implemented? has the higher otoroti approved? how about certains dogs that are banned?

Frown well, lemme tell u bit bout my scenario. i'm currently in klang n i'll be moving into shah alam pretty soon... Frown no choice, bought the house oredi last year... damn sueh!!!Frown i had called up the mbsa n speak to the license department yesterday. they say they still issue license but not to those banned dogs.Frown n damn sueh again that my dog is 1 of the banned ones. i didnt tell them wat dog i keep anyway. not dat dumbFrown so, they say i can apply n wait for 2 weeks for the process n then whether it will approve or not dunno lar...

so, if i apply now n they dun approve, then they know my address n my dog breed than they can come n kacau whether take the dog away or summon or dunno wat else nonsen lar... Frown so, i dun think i'm gonna apply now since the rules is oso not clear... n i m moving into a middle lot, terrace double storey?

so, any advice from your side? like i said, we need to know the approve laws otherwise its hard for us to do anything. there are alot of ppl saying the laws r not approve, n there r some who says approved, so i also blur....Frown i own a dobe n some oso say dobe is banned n some say dobe is not in the list.... ask mbsa for the list, they say they dun hv n oso not quite sure... so wat can i do....????

i would appreciate it if u can help. i dun mind paying for licence as i dun 1 2 break any law.

kindly let me know if u r able to get hold of the really really approve n really really legal rules of daogs in shah alam... thank u. kudos to u again...Frown

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

May 27, 2005, 11:40 PM

Post #8 of 8 (2095 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denzerogent] Attention: Shah Alam Dog Owners [In reply to] Can't Post

Denzerogent,

I am not a lawyer and I am not personally involved with the law firm that is looking to challenge MBSA's new regulations regarding dogs.

With regard to your own situation, I have checked various newspaper reports online as well as the SPCA website. The following are the banned breeds:
  1. Neopolitan Mastiff
  2. Rottweiler
  3. Fila Brazileiro
  4. Japanese Tosa
  5. Akita
  6. Pitt Bull Terrier
  7. Dogo Argentino
  8. American Bulldog

Doberman Pinschers are not mentioned. I would therefore suggest you apply for your dog licence and do so before you move to Shah Alam. It is an offence not to have a dog licence. If you have a dog licence for your dog, this will actually offer you more protection in the event of any change in the law than if you don't have a dog licence. The reason is that when you apply for the licence and they give it to you, it means that you and your dog meet certain criteria. The council cannot suddenly change that criteria and expect you and your dog meet the new criteria within an unreasonable amount of time. A reasonable amount of time would be the natural lifespan of your dog.

MBSA's move to ban the 8 breeds of dogs from next year is really unreasonable. MBSA has stated that owners of the 8 banned breeds have to either surrender their dogs to the council or move them out of the Shah Alam municipal boundaries. Shah Alam wants the 8 breeds banned because the council says they are dangerous breeds. Bearing that in mind, surely it is very irresponsible of Shah Alam Council to make these dogs the responsibility of other councils and the dogs' new owners. Funny how the other local councils haven't realised that they will be saddled with the "dangerous" dogs that Shah Alam council doesn't want within their boundaries. Talk about no brains to think!!!!!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my