My Shih tzu hair is growing longer...

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

shanann
Novice

Mar 12, 2002, 7:51 PM

Post #1 of 72 (12505 views)
Shortcut
My Shih tzu hair is growing longer... Can't Post

Hello, just want some grooming help. My shih tzu hair is growing longer now..especialy at her stomatch area, that area is difficult to groom.. and the hair starting to get mat.. do i need to bring her to the professional grooming now because she just 3 1/2 month old. thanks for your advice.Smile

May
Old Hand

Mar 12, 2002, 8:03 PM

Post #2 of 72 (12499 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shanann] My Shih tzu hair is growing longer... [In reply to] Can't Post

I own a Shih Tzu mix and her coat is quite long too. What I do is I'll brush her coat throughly everyday to remove mat especially at her legs which are easily matted. But she doesn't like me to do a topknot on her head. Now her eyes are covered by the hair and I thought of sending her for grooming/ trimming next week.

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Mar 12, 2002, 8:32 PM

Post #3 of 72 (12495 views)
Shortcut

if it is within your budget, i suggest you take her to get groomed and you maintain her hair length from there..
reason being, if you continue to let her hair mat further, it could lead to skin diesease, fleas/mites which would cost you more to treat..

Before you bring her to a professional groomer, make sure she is up to date on her vaccinations and also look around for a groomer you are comfrotable with and has a clean establishment..

if the mat is not so bad, you could get someone to pin her down and cut the mats off..may look ugly but it is better for your dog..

¸..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- Rainbow -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Andrew

Mar 14, 2002, 4:26 AM

Post #4 of 72 (12486 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rainbow] My Shih tzu hair is growing longer... [In reply to] Can't Post

That is right..You can try to cut off the mat yourself like what rainbow say. But don't worry, it will get it look back when the hair grow...

Andrew Wong
Miniature Pinscher, Born 22.12.2000

ivanwongkh
Novice

Aug 15, 2002, 9:22 AM

Post #5 of 72 (12449 views)
Shortcut

hi there shanann...

well i'm sure by now your shih tzu should have been groomed i guess...well i have heard this problem from a lot of shih tzu owner as their hair is hard to upkeep unless u know the right to groomed and take care of it..i'm a groomer by profession..u could always e mail me if u have any problem regarding grooming and i will help from there...takle care

lisachew

Aug 15, 2002, 4:33 PM

Post #6 of 72 (12447 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ivanwongkh] My Shih tzu hair is growing longer... [In reply to] Can't Post

whats ur email add ivan? u didnt post it anywhere here issit? or mayb my eyes gone blur... Crazy
Regards
Lisa

"A dash of lion, several teaspoons of rabbit, a couple ounces of old Chinese men, a bit of a beggar, a tablespoon of monkey, one part baby seal, and a dash of teddy bear." - shih tzu

melanie
Enthusiast

Aug 17, 2002, 12:55 AM

Post #7 of 72 (12433 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lisachew] My Shih tzu hair is growing longer... [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, mee too. I didn't see his email address anywhereTongue

Mine is a 3 mths old mix with long coat!

FantasiaShihTzu
Novice

Aug 27, 2002, 11:00 AM

Post #8 of 72 (12418 views)
Shortcut
Re: [melanie] My Shih tzu hair is growing longer... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think you should all go back to your shih tzu breeder and ask him/her to teach you how to groom. i think ONLY VERY IRRESPONSIBLE shih tzu breeders sell shih tzu without teaching grooming!

They should teach you how to groom and should agree to groom the dog for free at least once or twice after leaving their homes!

Cheryll
http://www.fantasiashihtzu.com

Breeder of BIS - BISS - BJIS - BBPIS - BBPISS, Champion and Grand Champion Shih Tzu.

melanie
Enthusiast

Aug 27, 2002, 7:10 PM

Post #9 of 72 (12411 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FantasiaShihTzu] My Shih tzu hair is growing longer... [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually I just got my pup hair cut short for Rm50.00 plus other services such, nail cutting, ear cleaning etc.

She look weirdCool I think she feel the same too as she act strangely..

Can't wait for her fur to grow back again!

Regards

ivanwongkh
Novice

Aug 28, 2002, 4:02 AM

Post #10 of 72 (12401 views)
Shortcut
Re: [melanie] My Shih tzu hair is growing longer... [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there...

well well i'm not supposed to post in my e mail address to you all as i am not allowed to do so..it's the rules of the
website i guess..but if any of you who has trouble about grooming, i will try my best to help..you could always post in and and enquire about grooming tips..

Self advertising contents removed. Please refrain from advertising yourself in this forum. Please note that the purpose of this forum is for the discussion on doggie matter. If we allow advertising post, this forum will definitely flooded by posts similar to yours and will render this forum useless. Cheers.

(This post was edited by Khoobg on Aug 28, 2002, 5:44 AM)

May
Old Hand

Aug 28, 2002, 11:29 PM

Post #11 of 72 (12388 views)
Shortcut

My dog tends to snap at my hands whenever I try to groom her. Any idea how I can make her more relax and enjoy the gromming session.

Another things is I've been having her for 7 months but until now she still won't let me clean her ear. I can only moist the facial cotton and wipe her ear but she doesn't have problem when I send her for grooming. How I can train her to let me clean her ear? By the way, my dog is a shih tzu mix. Thanks.

mackay_low

Sep 1, 2002, 6:29 AM

Post #12 of 72 (12363 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FantasiaShihTzu] My Shih tzu hair is growing longer... [In reply to] Can't Post

Cheryll,

That is totally different case in Malaysia.......What if everyone knows how to groom, and I begin to lost in the ring????? Hahaha LOL...... People here bring their dogs to groomers......

Mackay

Derrickok
Novice

Sep 1, 2002, 6:44 AM

Post #13 of 72 (12360 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackay_low] My Shih tzu hair is growing longer... [In reply to] Can't Post

It won't be the first time u loose in the ring. But there again shit tzu always has an egde over dalmations. But at certain shows you just cannot ignore a shittzu. see ya at aku next week end then we'll see how good u are?

(This post was edited by Khoobg on Sep 1, 2002, 7:34 PM)

mackay_low

Sep 1, 2002, 6:52 AM

Post #14 of 72 (12359 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] My Shih tzu hair is growing longer... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Derrick,

Nice to see that you are here.....Well, every exhibitor will have their secrets.......I don't think I am selfish. I do help other SHIH TZU exhibitor to groom their dogs, go check out!!!

See you at the show next week.....we will bang again as I show Shih Tzu and you have Dallies. Good luck with your XXX in mid September. All the best.

Mackay

les
K9 Maniac

Sep 1, 2002, 10:04 PM

Post #15 of 72 (12349 views)
Shortcut

Glad to see Uncle Derrickok's post.. Smile All of us here is kind of worried abt u.. Smile "Wer is Uncle Derrickok" "yeah.. wat happened to him" "sudenly MIA"

*~Sunny Macho, My lil puggy~*
Laugh -Born 15th March, 2002-
Laugh

Copied this frm ahming, touch huh?
"Please don't cry in front of my grave,

I don't mind if you keep a new dog.

I won't angry if you give my toys to others dog,

I will be happy if other dogs can enjoy your love as me."

FantasiaShihTzu
Novice

Sep 3, 2002, 8:48 AM

Post #16 of 72 (12337 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackay_low] My Shih tzu hair is growing longer... [In reply to] Can't Post

Mackay,

Thank heavens my computer is now OK!

I was talking about HOME grooming not show grooming, hehehe! I really think Responsible breeder should teach home grooming, or else POOR SHIH TZU!

Now for the show ring secrets, that remain secret hahahaha! Unless you are foreigner then that's OK! hehehehhe!

Chuckie owner I will NEVER teach the secrets only the basic know how that everyone knows.

Cheryll

Breeder of BIS - BISS - BJIS - BBPIS - BBPISS, Champion and Grand Champion Shih Tzu.

mackay_low

Sep 3, 2002, 11:36 PM

Post #17 of 72 (12329 views)
Shortcut

Cheryll,

Glad your computer is okay now....... Yes, you are right. Show secrets remain secrets and unless overseas!!! Just keep up your computer working....no little brother touching computer anymore.......Hahaha

evehock
Enthusiast

Sep 10, 2002, 7:24 AM

Post #18 of 72 (12314 views)
Shortcut

Hi! Uncle Derrick,

At last I see your posting....Hehehe... I really worry sick lar... Unsure Not respone from you at all. Mana lu hilang kan diri? Hehehe.. Missing you ler...Tongue

Eve

lex
Novice

Nov 18, 2002, 9:48 AM

Post #19 of 72 (12277 views)
Shortcut

hi,

my shitzu face is very dirty exspecially below her eye. i try to clean it with wet cloth but does not work. the stain makes her look unpretty which make me upset.Unsure i was thinking to bring her to grooming center next week or maybe let the professional bath for her. do you think she will be princess again??? she is white in color.

and how should i maintain it??

lex
what ever you do, do it well. when you in the grave, there is nothing more you can do. peace n love

lisachew

Nov 18, 2002, 7:06 PM

Post #20 of 72 (12274 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lex] My Shih tzu hair is growing longer... [In reply to] Can't Post

That dirty stain below her eyes are caused by her tear stain.

I think if you constantly wipe her tears that flow down below her eyes will help to prevent the stain to become worse.

Going for grooming, mostly will cut off the fur part and clear the dirty stain. But for prevenntion you can follow as above. There are tear stain product to be use too. Check it out in any petshop.

Just wondering, does it smells?
Regards
Lisa

"A dash of lion, several teaspoons of rabbit, a couple ounces of old Chinese men, a bit of a beggar, a tablespoon of monkey, one part baby seal, and a dash of teddy bear." - shih tzu

ashley
ALPHA

Dec 5, 2002, 6:27 PM

Post #21 of 72 (12253 views)
Shortcut

My house also got one shitzu her head is black colour , the whole body fur is curly and is hard to keep it clean and nice.Unimpressed Do u got any sugection to make her more beautiful? Another problem is she like to eat poo n make until her face smelly what can i do ???Crazy I around two month will bring her to do grooming. Got any brand shampoo to keep her smell good and more beauful?? TQ!!!
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 12, 2002, 8:43 AM

Post #22 of 72 (12235 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ashley] My Shih tzu hair is growing longer... [In reply to] Can't Post

eat PPOOO?!!! Gosh, you've i think no matter what sort of shampoo you use, the results will be the same smell... you can start training your dog to let her know that they are NOT ALLOWED to do so. The next time you see her going near her poo, give her a good wack with a roll up newspaper ONCE and she should learn her lesson.. everytime she goes away from her Poo, praise her and give her a treat Sly

ashley
ALPHA

Dec 13, 2002, 6:12 PM

Post #23 of 72 (12225 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] My Shih tzu hair is growing longer... [In reply to] Can't Post

Jaz, all the method u told me i been already use it but still like this! at 1st i think she hungry so give her eat more but still like this. She not only eat her poo but also other dog!!Crazy I also donow what to do! every time she will poo when we all not around or all we sleep lia!Than is time for her to enjoy the "thing"Mad She don't like to take bath cos after she taking bath she will like crazy run and jump around make the whole place wet! ( lucky my floor very clean if not she will make herself dirty again!!Frown) So i decide wan to change the shampoo which i use for her now!! Hope to make her more nice N smell good!!Tongue
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 13, 2002, 11:31 PM

Post #24 of 72 (12215 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ashley] My Shih tzu hair is growing longer... [In reply to] Can't Post

No offense but if i were you, i would really wack my dog with a rolled up newspaper... i mean if you use newspaper it's really only the sound.. not so much of hurting your doggie... give her one time, she will think twice.... or everytime she goes near, you say 'NO' loudly and she will know. Other than that, i really don't know how to help you.

ashley
ALPHA

Dec 14, 2002, 1:44 AM

Post #25 of 72 (12206 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] My Shih tzu hair is growing longer... [In reply to] Can't Post

Jaz TQ!! I think i will train her !! What brand shampoo u using for ur furkid??
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my