First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

daniel
Enthusiast

May 18, 2005, 12:44 AM

Post #1 of 27 (4190 views)
Shortcut
Got Question!!! - FOR DOG GROOMERS Can't Post

To all dog groomers out there,

Just curious to know ah why ah... for example...

american coker,

Full gromm (style cut) = RM70

cut BOTAK (no need stail) also same price?? RM70

I tot botak less work... should be cheaper mah...

like me if i go unisex salon.. (the type got leng lui wash your hair wan) the charges is minimum RM25

but when i go mamak pakai mesin .... only RM10

So any pet groomers out there please enlighten me.

thanks

!!!!!WARNING!!!!!
DUN TALK TO ME IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED.
COS I'M A DAMM KWAILAN FELLA OK!!!

wais81
Enthusiast

May 18, 2005, 1:16 PM

Post #2 of 27 (4170 views)
Shortcut
Re: [daniel] Got Question!!! - FOR DOG GROOMERS [In reply to] Can't Post

hello there,

there are reasons to why they are charged the same price, style cut which mean using scissor and clipper and it needs time and patience. botak, by using a clipper only situation is the same price as well because unlike human hairs. dogs have more fur and using a clipper to clip the hair botak takes a tremendous amount of time and the clipper will heat up thus the clipper will be spoiled easily. some dogs with tangles are even harder to cut botak because the clipper cannot run through it and the groomer will have to cut with scissor first then only with clipper. so i guess you see why it is the same price now.

Christopher

Toy
K9 Maniac

May 18, 2005, 6:02 PM

Post #3 of 27 (4157 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wais81] Got Question!!! - FOR DOG GROOMERS [In reply to] Can't Post

how much it cost roughly for a maltese puppy which the fur not grown long yet, my pup is abt 3 months old only.

daniel
Enthusiast

May 18, 2005, 6:37 PM

Post #4 of 27 (4156 views)
Shortcut

wais,

thanks for the reply. let me stress my point again...

for example "ME"

Scenario 1) you gimme any long coated dog, a pair of scissors and clipper. - I can shave any dog botak for you

Scenario 2) you gimme a schnauzer, a pair of scissors, clipper, professional grooming table and full complete instruction manual. - i still can't cut the schnauzer style for you.

so that is why i still cant understand how to justify the same charges.

!!!!!WARNING!!!!!

daniel
Enthusiast

May 18, 2005, 6:37 PM

Post #5 of 27 (4153 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Toy] Got Question!!! - FOR DOG GROOMERS [In reply to] Can't Post

usual practice for puppy is normal price discount 15-20 bucks depending on place lah. but some charge same price also..

!!!!!WARNING!!!!!

wais81
Enthusiast

May 18, 2005, 6:56 PM

Post #6 of 27 (4147 views)
Shortcut

hello daniel,

have you done grooming before?

well as for your questions,

it is true you could do both the scenario but one just one minor rule, the condition of the dog!.

some dogs are in really bad condition. example, a very long coat dog with no tangles and a medium coat with tangles. its pretty clear the dog without tangles is easier to groom with a clipper. Also another point is using a scissor and a clipper isn't the same, scissor doesn't run on power where as a clipper does. So meaning the clipper will heat up real fast thus wearing it out faster. all groomer's nightmare is losing a clipper to shaving a dog botak. some dogs have coats so bad its very hard to shave. as to style cutting, groomer do not use the clipper so often they use a scissor. well the price cannot be argued or debated. its actually the condition of the dog that sets the price. do remember some dogs are very naughty and its even harder to use a clipper on them. well there is no point debating over this as there is never going to be an end to this. some grooming place charges less for shaving botak some charges more. it wll bores down to the condition for the dog. . the amount of works done to cut style and botak is basically the same, usually then u say botak, the groomer will keep the face styled to the breed's standard if possible, like a schnauzer, the eyebrows have to be kept long. well as to ur example, a salon with leng lui charges rm 25 minimum, a barber charges rm 10 to shave bald. how much would the leng lui charge you if u cut botak. it would be still minimum rm 25 right. so far there isn't any indian barber for dog grooming. other than shaving the fur bald, nail cutting, ears cleaning and plucking of the ears have to be done too, so i guess other than styling and shaving bald, the idea there is still grooming of dogs that matters. as slaons for humans too, if i just want to trim a little, it will be rm 35 for example, and if i wanted to have a flattop, it is also rm 35. can u argue that using a clipper shaving flat top have to be cheaper? well now its mainly where you go groom your dog that matters, some charges some charges less.

Christopher

(This post was edited by wais81 on May 18, 2005, 7:11 PM)

wais81
Enthusiast

May 18, 2005, 6:58 PM

Post #7 of 27 (4146 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Toy] Got Question!!! - FOR DOG GROOMERS [In reply to] Can't Post

hi toy,

how's your maltese....having fun with ur puppy, well as daniel have said, it between 15- 20 depending on size. it will just need a basic groom not need full groom.

Christopher

daniel
Enthusiast

May 18, 2005, 7:15 PM

Post #8 of 27 (4143 views)
Shortcut

haiyooo... me not debating.. me curious to know wanna find out more lah, wanna learn...

ok lah like you said condition of dog is true.. i forgot to add...

lets say both ACS dog no tangle lah. cos the dog fur about 3 inches long lah. how lidat??

i only groom my own dog lah.. the scissors i use to cut the fur as short as possible.. then mandi the anjing, then quick blowdry and use the clipper to kau tim the rest. not much stress to the clipper lah.. just keep the blade sharp. shaving small dog mah. you think shaving kambing biri biri meh.

christopher, mana lu punya kedai?? ada member discount ah?? i malas to groom my dog already lah.. wanna botak all the way...

Aiyoo.. no more groomers wanna give input in here ah??

!!!!!WARNING!!!!!

wais81
Enthusiast

May 18, 2005, 7:19 PM

Post #9 of 27 (4138 views)
Shortcut

hello again,

aiya, do you have msn account

mine is

add me chat there easier

ok.

Christopher

daniel
Enthusiast

May 18, 2005, 7:27 PM

Post #10 of 27 (4137 views)
Shortcut

aiyaa.. me use company pc.. got firewall lah.. cannot chat chat wan lah.. thats why i stuck in here kacau everybody lah.. lemme know roughly your location and i will manage to find wan lah.. last time i drive taxi wan..

!!!!!WARNING!!!!!

wais81
Enthusiast

May 18, 2005, 9:30 PM

Post #11 of 27 (4126 views)
Shortcut

its in tmn desa faber tower town centre...next to 7-11

Christopher

daniel
Enthusiast

May 18, 2005, 10:05 PM

Post #12 of 27 (4124 views)
Shortcut

huh i usually go to the 7 eleven there to buy rokok nvr notice any shop also.. friday night i usually at fisherman's warf

!!!!!WARNING!!!!!

daniel
Enthusiast

May 18, 2005, 10:10 PM

Post #13 of 27 (4120 views)
Shortcut

tonight right after work i drop by and have a peek about 7pm lah..

!!!!!WARNING!!!!!

daniel
Enthusiast

May 19, 2005, 1:42 AM

Post #14 of 27 (4108 views)
Shortcut

aiyaaa.. something came up i cannot make it by 7pm. but i will be going to fishermans warf for dinner so will try to pop up your place by 8.30 - 9.00pm hope you still open.

!!!!!WARNING!!!!!

mun2
Enthusiast

May 22, 2005, 5:38 PM

Post #15 of 27 (4061 views)
Shortcut

hi chris,

erm .. when u said toy's maltese will cost bout 25 onwards.. wat that include? coz when i ask a grooming place in oug there .. beside pearl point.. they say charge about 60-70 wor.. erm anna is about 5 months old next month..

http://www.dogster.com/?139719

wais81
Enthusiast

May 22, 2005, 11:02 PM

Post #16 of 27 (4057 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mun2] Got Question!!! - FOR DOG GROOMERS [In reply to] Can't Post

hello,

it will include bath, nail clipping, plucking ears, cleaning ears, paws trimming and face trimming. rm 60-70 i think that is full grooming which includes all of the above plus whole body trimming. i guess a 5 months maltese do not need full trimming yet.

Christopher

kewvirus
Enthusiast

May 22, 2005, 11:40 PM

Post #17 of 27 (4056 views)
Shortcut

chris ,

your shop open daily? wat time to wat time oh?
Frown ....
Frown Frown

wais81
Enthusiast

May 23, 2005, 3:32 AM

Post #18 of 27 (4054 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kewvirus] Got Question!!! - FOR DOG GROOMERS [In reply to] Can't Post

monday closed

tuesday to sat 11am to 10pm

sundays 12 to 10

Christopher

kewvirus
Enthusiast

May 23, 2005, 9:49 AM

Post #19 of 27 (4051 views)
Shortcut

ohh ok thanks ya
Frown ....
Frown Frown

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Jun 5, 2005, 5:49 AM

Post #20 of 27 (3990 views)
Shortcut

hi daniel,

how are you doing? i believe u know who am i right..ivan with gsd and pug that goes for trekking..met u before at hartamas mamak the other time after trekking with audrey, ming yang and the rest..

well here goes for your question since u want it from a groomer's point of view..

actually what chris has said is true..

when u r grooming your own dog and grooming dogs as a biz its totally different..

case 1:

a badly matted dog came in for grooming ( lets say ACS) botak style..it will take 1 hour sometimes more just to cut off those tangles with a scissors..as chris has mention..never run a clipper thru tangles as it will wear out your clipper very fast and also dogs with dirty coat.after u've cut out all tangles then nails and etc.. then bath.. after bath...blow dry and then only u run your clipper on the dog to give it a smooth look all over..pls take note that u dont only shave a dog's body but the legs,ears allover..noticed the groomer always shave until everything is really free of hair??? not even between the toes?? well that takes about at least 30 min provided the dog behaves..all in the full grooming will take roughly 3 hours?

case 2:

a well maintained dog came for grooming (ACS). free of tangle..we can start grooming immediately..shave the top part and then clean out ears,do nails and then bathing..roughly about 30 min. bathe,dry and then shave again top part and then scissoring for the four legs and also thebottom part of the body..all in roughly about 1 hr or 1 1/2.. all in will take around near to 3 hours ...

so wht im trying to say is..both of the dog above takes almost the same time therefore charges will roughly be the same..some might even charge u more if your dog is very badly matted up..and to be honest..i dopnt mind charging slightly less if the owner negotiate for case 2 dog as it might sometimes take lesser time to do than case 1 dog. thwe clipper for a groomer is very important..u r sharpening one blade while we might be 3 or 4 ...u only groom your dog maybe once a month and your clipper is only used then..but for a groomer its an everyday thing..sometimes more than 4 dogs a day therefore we have to charge the same even though for botak style as it does take longer time and our clipper wear out faster..

hope u see the reason why ..i hate doing botak for dogs unless its very necessary as i alwiz believe a dog should preserved the kind of style that they are supposed to be in..hope my answer will make u see why we charge the same or more..charge more sometimes is also to teach the owner a lesson for not taking care of their dog../thts wht i do while well maintained dog can be charge slightly less..by the way..hows your cocker doing???
Lots of love to my beloved Ritchieboy who has left us on Jan 11 2004..May god bless him

chipsmore
Novice

Jun 5, 2005, 7:34 AM

Post #21 of 27 (3988 views)
Shortcut

Hi Chris,

u mean ur shop is next to 7-11 in Faber Towers, Taman Desa?

So coincidence to meet u here. I've actually bought a Shih Tzu from u a month ago. Lol . Cheers!!

wais81
Enthusiast

Jun 5, 2005, 9:04 PM

Post #22 of 27 (3981 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chipsmore] Got Question!!! - FOR DOG GROOMERS [In reply to] Can't Post

hello,

ya, thats theplace, by the way you are?....cannot really remember, how's you dog doing.

Christopher

wais81
Enthusiast

Jun 5, 2005, 9:08 PM

Post #23 of 27 (3980 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ritchie_dog] Got Question!!! - FOR DOG GROOMERS [In reply to] Can't Post

hello there,

sorry to hear that richieboy just left your life, ....

you're a groomer, where u work and are u interested in working, i am looking for a groomer

Christopher

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Jun 9, 2005, 12:54 AM

Post #24 of 27 (3950 views)
Shortcut

hi chris,

i think its a bit inappropriate to discuss here..or else we kena banned by admin..ahaha..
u have msn ? mine: ivan_wong46@hotmail.com add me if u have or u could call me 012 2203713
Lots of love to my beloved Ritchieboy who has left us on Jan 11 2004..May god bless him

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Jun 13, 2005, 9:22 PM

Post #25 of 27 (3924 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ritchie_dog] Got Question!!! - FOR DOG GROOMERS [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, ever done a Leonberger?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my